Don't Make Me Spell It Out For You

Chapter Five

ROSELYN’S POV

“What the. . .” was what I woke the second time to. First the blankets and then the voices.

“Time?” I groaned.

“Two. . .”

I opened my eyes and saw Andrew dead asleep, his chin on my head. I tried not to smile a the fact that I was curled up against him. And warm. So very warm.

“What. . . are. . . you doing?” Kris asked, looking appalled at the door of our room with Sharp, Burish, and Nemo behind him, smirking.

I blinked, looking around. I spotted the blankets in the bathroom. “You took the blankets with you when you left this morning, you blanket hoard. I was freezing and Andrew had all of his blankets. And he hasn’t kicked me off the bed once, mind you, like a certain someone I know,” I glared at my cousin. He was absolutely the worst person to sleep with.

Sharp and Burish laughed. “I think she’s choosing to sleep with Laddie rather than you,” Burish patted his back.

My face lit up like a Chrsitmas tree. “What?! It is soo not like that. I will repeat myself. I was just cold!”

Kris eyed me and I hoped he didn’t see through me. That I really did like sleeping next to his teammate. “Okay,” he finally said. He bought it. Wow, he was stupid.

“What the hell?” Andrew said sleepily. “This is an awkward way to wake up.”

Oh shit. He was talking about waking up next to me. I tried to get up, but he kept me against his rock hard abs. “Uh. . . ?”

“Not you sweetheart,” he whispered. My cheeks weren’t dimming anytime soon after that comment. “Seriously? You three. Oh wait, there’s Nemo. You four. So creepy. What do you want?”

Kris eyed Andrew for a minute. “Team dinner is in two hours and I thought you two might actually want to see Vancouver besides on the plane ride out of here.”

I smiled a little at my cousin and sat up, my butt and back still glued to Andrew’s torso. “Thanks Kris. We’re up now and we’ll be down in a few minutes okay?” Just be calm Rose. Smile. Lose the blush. Act normal!

“Hurry up! We’re going to go pranking!” Burish whispered loudly.

Andrew and I shared a look. “Nemo’s coming?” Andrew asked.

The goaltender shrugged. “I got bored.”

They walked out and I went over to my bag to change into a pair of skinny jeans and a Blackhawks sweatshirt.

“Turn around,” I ordered the Blackhawks player.

He did so and I quickly changed to risk more embarrassment. “Okay, you can–” I started to say as I turned to face him but I was cut off by the fact that he was only in his boxers. That could shut up any girl.

He saw my face and laughed. “Sorry sweets. I didn’t think you’d be that fast in changing. Come on now, I’m not naked or anything.”

I refrained from telling him he was only one article of clothing away from becoming naked. I only nodded and turned away awkwardly to let him finish changing.

“See now, if your cousin walked in on this, then I would be dead,” he chuckled to himself before escorting me out of our room, fully clothed thank God.

“Tell me about it,” I muttered, pushing my hair behind my ear shyly before looking up at him. “So, you guys do pranks?”

He only grinned. We then met up with Kris, Nemo, Burish, and Sharpie. “Who is it this time?” Andrew asked.

“Tazer is in the lobby and Kaner is taking a shower,” Sharp said. He pulled out a video camera and turned it on. “Hey guys, this is round four of Sharpie and Burr’s fantastic adventures. We are adding some new players for this round. Meet Andrew Ladd and Kris Versteeg, our left wingers and here we have our two goaltenders. As you all know Nemo is out with a slight concussion, so we decided not to prank him this trip. Why he’s still here, is beyond any of us. And then we have our goaltender for the next three games: Roselyn Versteeg!”

I turned to Burish. “You guys video tape this and,” I turned to Nemo. “Why are you here?”

“I thought you would need a mentor through all this.”

I rolled my eyes. “What’s the plan?” I went back to Burish. It would be useless to fight against Nemo.

“Easy. Kaner is in the shower so, you, Rose are going to pull out his suit and replace it with this,” Burish held up fishnets, short shorts, and a Sharp shirt. “He shall wear this to the dinner because Johnny boy will be too occupied to lend him any of his stuff.”

“And Johnny Boy will be occupied how?” I raised my eyebrow, taking the clothes in my arms.

“We’ll go occupy him!” Kris and Sharp high fived each other, before scampering off to find our captain.

“So what about us?” Ladd pointed to him and Nemo.

“We’re going to go prank Seabs really quick. Hurry up Rose!” Burish called, dragging poor Nemo along. Andrew glanced at me and winked. “Have fun Baby V,” he called quietly before jogging to catch up with the prankster.

I held the key card Sharp had given me and quickly snuck in. I took both Tazer and Kaner’s bags and dragged them to the door. I then laid the clothes on his dresser.

That was too easy.

I looked around their room, deciding what else I could do. My eyes lit up when I saw Kane’s phone.

KRIS VERSTEEG’S POV

“Tazer! My man!” Sharp and I cornered him in the lobby. He looked cranky. Probably because he had just gotten up from his nap a little while ago as well.

“What?” he groaned. He held his phone in hand, texting someone.

Sharp was about to say something, when Tazer’s phone beeped with a new text message.

He pulled it out and his face went from cranky to confused to disturbed in a matter of seconds.

“What is it?” Sharp took his phone and we both read the text that was just sent to him.

Tazer, just wanted to say that I love you man and that I really miss you if you know what I mean ;)

Sharp had to start coughing to keep from laughing and I awkwardly handed his phone back.

“I didn’t know you and Kaner came out of the closet. . . together. I mean, good for you two, but a little more warning than a text message would be lovely,” I said.

He looked beyond frazzled. “I. . . uh. . .we’re not. I’m dating Tessa! What the hell did you do Sharpie?” he growled.

Sharp looked innocent. “Wasn’t me this time Two Toes. We’re distracting you for a prank on Kaner. . . and Burish is pranking Seabsy.”

“So this is for real?” he looked taken back. “I have no idea what he’s talking about though! He was just talking about a girl he thought was hot this morning! What? I’m so confused! He knows I’m dating Tessa! He knows I don’t swing that way!”

Coach walked by. “Team dinner guys. Let’s move on. Canucks are a waiting.”

We all made our way to the team dinner, where Rose and Laddie, and Nemo were talking at one table, both the guys looking at Rose with awe.

“What?” I slid next to Laddie.

Laddie shook his head. “I have some newfound respect for your cousin man. She is something special all right.”

“Huh? Whatever. So, apparently Kaner likes Tazer now. More than a bromance except Tazer wasn’t aware and he’s shell shocked now.”

Rose only smiled at me.

“WHAT THE HELL GUYS?!” came the roar of the kid himself, who appeared in his attire for dinner that night. His face glowed bright red and he glared at Sharp and Burish, who were laughing hysterically.

He stomped over to them, so mad, that he was unable to speak. “Where are the fishnets?” Burish asked.

Kaner threw them at him. “Where are my clothes?!”

I stole a glance at Tazer who paled. I looked back at three trouble makers and they were all smiling like angels watching both Tazer and Kaner.

“After the dinner, we swear, though we’ll have to talk to the person who actually replaced them. We only created the plan,” Burish smiled.

Kane stomped to his chair next to Toews and the captain awkwardly moved a seat down. “Am I that ugly?” were Kane’s words and it was like Ladd, Nemo, and Rose were unable to contain their laughter.

Sharp shot me a questioning glance and I shrugged. I sure as hell didn’t know what was going on.

Toews was oblivious. “I sure as hell hope that the text you sent me was actually for a girl. . .”

“He can’t get a girl though,” Seabs delivered the last line unexpectedly as he sat down in between Keith and Bolland who looked amused by all this. Poor Seabsy didn’t know he basically just threw Kaner under the bus even further.

Toews stared wide eyed at his roommate. “What text? I haven’t sent you anything in the last few days, considering I’ve been with you 24/7!” Kane exclaimed.

“Then. . . .who. . . ? Just read,” he mumbled and showed it to Kane.

“I do not like you!” he exclaimed after glancing at the text. “I was talking about that cute girl earlier today if you don’t remember! And why would I go after you if you have a girlfriend!”

“Who sent it then?!”

“Oh I don’t know. Maybe whoever swapped my clothes you dumb ass!” Kane shouted.

Even Coach looked content as he ate his steak. Then again, why wouldn’t he be entertained? He had dinner and a show.

The captain’s eyes narrowed in on Sharp, who was talking to Hjalmarsson about something. “Huh?” he said, looking up. “Burish’s idea,” was his automatic response.

His menacing glare turned to the partner in crime. “I only had the clothes idea for Kaner. I pranked Seabsy. Even ask him.”

He looked to Seabs for confirmation. “Yeah. I chased him around the fourth floor for like ten minutes.”

“Who was the person who swapped the clothes.”

Burish looked really torn between giving up Rose and keeping her safe. Who else was in the room with her? No one. . . Oh wait. . . . I got it. And by the look on Burish’s face, so did he.

“You are a sneaky bitch!” Burish high fived Rose, who looked embarrassed by the
attention. “That is freaking hilarious. Rock on Baby V.”

Both the kid’s faces were shocked and staring at Rose. “You?!” they both exclaimed in unison.

She shrugged, picking at her salad. “Burish’s prank was so bland, so I thought spicing it up a little would bring more entertainment to dinner. I mean, look at Coach. He looks happier than a bird with a french fry.”

Coach laughed. “Good one Baby V.”

“I don’t know whether to be mad at her or just shake my head,” Kane said stunned.

“I don’t know whether to make her skate laps till she keels over or thank the Lord that the text wasn’t actually from you,” was Tazer’s response.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments would be lovely :)