Status: Senior Year + Summer Break= Summer Reading List for English AP. I will try to update as often as I possibly can. :)

Ice Cold Love

-Chapter Two-

-Chapter Two-

I stepped off the plane and looked around for my aunt. I heard some shout “Megumi!” I turned around and saw my aunt Higurashi and my cousins, Kagome and Souta. I ran to them and hugged them tight.

“Megumi, we missed you so much, it’s been ages since we last saw you”, Aunt Mya said.

I smiled, a genuine smile, “I missed you guys too.” Kagome helped me find my bags then we headed to the car and drove to the Higurashi shrine. The shrine was truly beautiful, but it would never be home. Nothing could ever be home, and I don’t think I could ever feel at home any place anymore, not after that night.

I shook my head, hoping to clear the horrific images from my head. I followed Kagome upstairs into the room across the hall from hers. It was a bit smaller than my old room, but that was okay. Kagome helped me tack up my posters and place MY sheets on my new bed. I set my books on the shelf while Kagome put my clothes in the closet and drawers.

“I’m really sorry about what happened, Megumi”, Kagome whispered as she held a white sweater in her hands.

“It’s okay, Kagome, shit happens”, I mumbled.

“Why did he do it?” Kagome clapped a hand over her mouth, but it was too late. The question was out in the open and floating around the room. “Megumi, I am so sorry, please forgive me. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.”

I raised my hand to stop her from babbling. “He did it because my mom was in to witches and the craft and was practicing it as well as teaching it to me.” I unzipped a bag and took out my witch tools and things I need to make a circle: candles, chalk, incense, crystals and pebbles, my athame (that I put a spell on so I wouldn’t carted off to jail at the airport), my witch’s robe, wand, and four bowls made of grey stone with symbols etched into its surface, and my book of shadows, as well as text books on the craft.

Kagome’s eyes widened, “Wow, so do you really believe in that stuff, I mean like do you really have powers, can you make stuff happen?”

“Yeah, Mother said I was natural born witch.” I smiled, “We only used our powers for good, you know kind of like those priestesses in the books gramps used to read to us.”

Kagome smiled, “I know exactly what you mean.”

Suddenly they heard a crash from downstairs and then my bedroom window burst open. “Kagome!”

A strange man with silver hair, dog ear, and amber eyes stood in my door way. He wore a red kimono and had a sword strapped to his back. I focused my energy on him and sensed his aura.
“You’re a demon!”

XoXoXoXo
After a pot of tea, and a whole plate of cookies Inuyasha and Kagome told me their story and I told them mine. I wasn’t surprised or shocked at all, much to Inuyasha’s surprise and amusement. I mean if witches exist why can’t demons and time portals, right?

“I wish I could go with you”, I said dreamily, “I just want to get away. I mean yeah I left the country, but everything reminds me of my mom.”

I sighed again then got up from the table. I went up to my room, got things to make circle, then went outside to the well house. It was quiet and I wouldn’t disturb gramps with my craft either. I drew a circle with the chalk then placed the four bowls in the correct spots: North, South, East, and West. I poured water into one of the bowls, then filled the second bowl with crystals and pebbles to symbolize earth. I lit a red candle and placed it in a bowl for fire, then lit some incense and placed that in a bowl for air. I drew symbols and runes in the air for protection, healing, and clear thoughts.

I cleared my mind and focused on my breathing. My breathing soon became slow and steady. My mind was clear and sharp. I sang my witch song then turned my face up towards the ceiling, imagining the moon on my face. “Goddess, protect and heal me. Help me heal the wounds of my soul.”

I could already feel the effects of the circle on my frayed nerves and broken heart. “I release my anger and hatred for my father and send it away. I release my regret for not being able to help my mother and send it away. I release my pain and heartache and send it away.”

I prayed again, and said another chant before closing the circle. I rubbed away my chalk circle then took up my things and placed them in the decorative box that my mother had given to me on my thirteenth birthday. It was made of a dark oak that had been stained black and in silver, Japanese was my name. I closed the box the kissed its lid. As I held the box to my chest, I felt better. I could not deny that the circle helped me. But it wouldn’t last, it never did. As long as I continue to have these nightmares I’ll never be able to heal from that night.

I cast out my senses and felt InuYasha and Kagome coming towards the well house. Kagome slid open the door and smiled. “Did you have a good circle?”

“Yes, I’m feeling better already.”

“Good, well Inuyasha and I are going to the feudal era. I’ll be back in three days, I promise.”
I smiled and said goodbye to them and watched them disappear into the well with a flash of blue light. I sighed and started to walk away when someone called my name. “Hello? Who’s there?” I cast out my senses and felt nothing. I looked towards the door and screamed at the sight. My mother stood before me, but not in the beautiful way I remembered her. She was badly burnt and her eyes were red. She opened her mouth and my name came out in a hiss along with black, choking smoke.

“Mama!” I cried.

She reached her hand out to me and with a blast of painful, red light I was shoved into the well. I took one last look at dead mother as I disappeared in flash a blue light towards the feudal era. The last thing I heard was my mother screaming at me, “You did this to me! You let me die, Megumi, you did not save me!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think?
Megumi's mom is uber scary, LOL.
Please comment I love hearing what you think.
<3 Lex