Status: Senior Year + Summer Break= Summer Reading List for English AP. I will try to update as often as I possibly can. :)

Ice Cold Love

-Chapter Four-

-Chapter Four-
I woke up the next day covered in sweat. I had the nightmare again, but this time before I awoke, my mother’s body stood up from the ashes. Her blood red eyes opened, she pointed a finger at me and screamed, “Murderer!”

Shaking with fear I got up and raced towards the woods. I could feel that there was water nearby, a stream. I walked to it then stripped down and got in. I washed my body, hoping to wash away the imaginary soot that covered my skin. I prayed to the Goddess and asked her to watch over me and protect me as I drew symbols and runes in the air above my head.

XoXoXoXo
Sesshomaru was not asleep. He saw Megumi wake up. He saw the fear written plain as day on her face. When she left camp, Sesshomaru followed her. He did not know why he was following her, but his gut along with his heart was telling him to. He found her bathing in a stream. He tried to turn away but saw the scars on her back and side. It was gruesome. How could someone harm someone so beautiful?

When she began praying to her Goddess and calling on her craft, he turned away and left. The girl was troubled and needed to do something to calm herself. Sesshomaru knew the feeling.

XoXoXoXo
After I prayed I washed up again then got out of the stream to get dressed. I walked back to camp and said hello to Kagome who awake and cooking breakfast.

“Good morning, Megumi.”

I sat down beside her and sighed. InuYasha got up and walked towards us. I could feel Sesshomaru’s eyes burning holes and staring daggers into Kagome’s and InuYasha’s backs.
“Morning”, Inuyasha gently brushed his lips against Kagome’s. I smirked as the blood rushed to Kagome’s cheeks and she hid her face in Inuyasha’s haori. Inuyasha smirked and kissed the top of her head before going to wake the others.

“He seems nice”, I mumbled.

Kagome smiled, “The best, he is so sweet to me.” she blushed feverishly and her face took on whole new shade of red that I could not name for the life of me. I helped her roll up the bedding and then serve breakfast.

“Could you please take Sesshomaru something, he won’t let me come near him”, Kagome whispered into my ear. I nodded. I poured him a cup of tea; we’ll start off small, then walked towards him. I kneeled before him and held out the cup. “Good morning, Lord Sesshomaru.”
He observed me for a minute then reached his hands forward and took the cup from my hands. “Hnn.”

Before leaving I leaned forward and put my mouth against his ear, much to the shock and amazement of not only the others but Sesshomaru himself. “I know you were watching me earlier this morning. I could sense you.” I got up and walked away, but I did notice the smirk not only in his eyes but on his face as well.

XoXoXoXo
I smiled as I looked around at the beauty of nature. We had left camp about an hour ago. We were on the search for Naraku and the remaining jewel shards. I hung back with Kagome and I filled her in on my life back in America.

“That is so cool, you lived New York!” Kagome gushed.

“Yeah, we lived outside of the city, mom loved the city, but she wanted a house and a backyard.”
“Well when we get back I’ll ask mom if your friend Amy can come visit us for the summer.”

“That would be so great, I miss her already.” I smiled. We walked for a few more hours before Inuyasha let us stop to rest and eat. I told Kagome I wasn’t all that hungry and just took an energy bar and a bottle of water. I sat under a tree and just watched nature. I felt like I was being watched and looked over at Sesshomaru. He did not hide the fact that he had been watching me. I smirked then turned my face up to the sun.

After our brief lunch we traveled on. It wasn’t long though before Inuyasha stopped and sniffed the air as did Sesshomaru. Kagome grabbed onto Inuyasha’s sleeve, “What’s wrong, Inuyasha?”
He stiffened, “Nothing”, he lied. I could smell the lie in the very air around us, and see it smudge his aura. We continued on until it got too dark to see.

“Inuyasha, please stop, we can’t see in front of us”, Kagome pleaded.

“Yeah, please”, Sango chimed in. “Rin can’t see either.”

I chuckled, “I can see just fine.”

Everyone turned to me. “How”, Miroku asked.

“I’m a witch so I have mage sight. I can see just as well as Inuyasha and Lord Sesshomaru.” I replied. We made camp and Kagome began making dinner. I filled the tea kettle with water and let it boil while I rummaged through Kagome’s bag for tea.

“I’ll be back, I need to think”, said Inuyasha. I watched him go, knowing that he was lying. He smelled something earlier and recognition flashed across his face as well as Sesshomaru’s. Whatever it was that he smelled he’s looking for it. When the water was ready I made Sesshomaru a cup of tea then took to him. I kneeled before him and handed him his cup, but before he could pull it away I asked. “Sesshomaru-sama, what did he smell? I know whatever it is he is going to look for it and he’s lying about it being nothing. Please, tell me what it is.”
Sesshomaru smirked and leaned forward and put his mouth to my ear. “Kikyo.”