Status: Senior Year + Summer Break= Summer Reading List for English AP. I will try to update as often as I possibly can. :)

Ice Cold Love

Chapter Six

-Chapter Six-

“Megumi, are you ready?” Kagome screamed from the bottom of the stairs.

I rolled my eyes as I put the finishing touches to my makeup. I made sure that I looked alright: white skinny jeans and a white, backless halter top with a blue moon on the front of it. I brushed my hair up into a high ponytail then picked up the big bookbag I would be carrying in the feudal era. I grabbed my digital camera and iPod, a few books, and my guitar. “Ready.”

I ran down the stairs and smiled at Kagome. Aunt Mya walked into the living room; when she saw me she looked a little taken a back at me wearing a backless shirt but she smiled and said, “You look beautiful, Megumi.”

I smiled and threw my arms around her neck. “Thank you Aunt Mya.” I followed Kagome out to the well. I grabbed her hand and we jumped in. When we climbed out in the feudal era Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were waiting for us. “Hey there stranger!” I giggled as I walked towards Sesshomaru.

His face, as well as his eyes, was cold and impassive, but I could see through him. He was only putting on this act because he wanted to seem strong in front of his brother and ex-lover. I walked past him and brushed his hand with my own when I passed him. I turned my head to look at him over my shoulder and winked.

Some might say that what I’m doing with Sesshomaru is dangerous. And they are right, it is dangerous, but only if it wasn’t me. It’s like he wants to be flirted with and teased, but only by me. If any of the other tried that shit, he’d cut them to ribbons.

“Well let’s get back to camp”, said Inuyasha. He helped Kagome and I onto Kirara and we raced back to camp.

XoXoXoXo
“What is that, Megumi”, Rin asked me. Once Kagome and I had cleaned up after dinner I took out my guitar. “It’s a guitar, Rin”, I smiled. I took out my portable amp (battery powered) from my bookbag and plugged in my guitar. I strummed a few notes and hummed along to the tune I was playing.

“That sounds so beautiful”, Sango whispered to Miroku. Miroku only nodded in agreement.

Kagome sighed in contentment as she curled up in Inuyasha’s lap. Shippou sat next to Rin who held Kirara in her lap. Jaken was busy polishing Ah-Un’s harnesses. I opened my eyes and locked eyes with Sesshomaru. I smirked at him and couldn’t help but notice the playful glint in his eyes before it vanished.

I played another song before packing away my guitar. While everyone got out their sleeping mats I drew runes around the area that I was sleeping in, ten yards from Sesshomaru. Hopefully these runes will help with my nightmares.

Everyone was asleep, everyone except me. I was afraid of sleep.

“You need to sleep, miko.”

I turned to face Sesshomaru. “I’m not a miko, I’m a witch.”

“Why don’t you sleep?”

“I’m afraid to.” I mumbled.

“Why?”
“I have nightmares about…you’ve seen the scars on my back. I know you have Sesshomaru.” I gave him a knowing look. “My father was a soldier; he fought bravely in the war and came home alive. We were thankful for that. But the war had changed him. He had seen too many deaths and done so many things that he was no longer my father. He took to drinking, heavily, and would beat my mother. One night I woke up and heard her screaming. I went downstairs and saw him beat her. He poured gasoline on her then turned to me and smiled. He lit a cigarette, took a couple of drags off it then flicked it at my mother. She burned alive.”

I could feel the tears coming, I fought to hold them back, but it was no use. “He then turned to me and chased me around the house. I managed to call the police and get away from him, but he found me and stabbed me. He would have killed me, but the police showed up. They took out their guns and shot him down. I watched my both my parents die that night. I spent two weeks in a hospital recovering, but I’ll be scarred for life.”

“You are very brave for someone so young.”

I guess I would seem young to him, I was the youngest here, besides Rin. Kagome will turn nineteen in a few months. “Thank you, that means a lot coming from you.”

“Get some sleep, miko.” Sesshomaru turned his head away and gazed at the moon. I laughed and lay back down. “I’m not a miko, I’m a witch”, I yawned before closing my eyes.

XoXoXoXo
I laughed as I listened to Kagome complain about how her feet were hurting. We hadn’t been walking that long so I didn’t see a problem. “Hey Kagome, maybe you should just take off your shoes, you’ve probably outgrown them”, I said.

“Yeah good idea.” Kagome stopped walking and slid out of her shoes. “Ah, much better- Inuyasha, are you okay?”

Both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru stiffened and sniffed the air.

“What’s the matter, you smell Kikyo again”, I hissed.

“Kikyo”, Kagome asked. She turned towards Inuyasha and Sesshomaru and gasped. “What’s wrong with them?”

Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were in their demon forms. Youki permeated the air. “Mmm, you smell that Sesshomaru”, Inuyasha asked in a sinister voice.

“Hnn, delicious”, he growled.

“What the hell is he talking about”, I asked. “And why are they looking at me like that?”

“If I may, Megumi, I do believe that you are in heat. And a female in heat is alluring to a demon, even a half-demon like Inuyasha”, said Miroku.

“Her scent is stronger than Kagome’s”, Inuyasha hissed.

“Indeed”, Sesshomaru agreed.

“Inuyasha”, said Kagome, “SIT!”

The enchanted beads brought Inuyasha down to the ground with so much force that he created a crater. “Ow, Kagome, what the fuck was that for?”

I gulped. I couldn’t say “sit” with Sesshomaru. Before I could do anything, Sesshomaru had me pinned against a tree while holding my right leg up to his waist. He sniffed my neck and growled low in his throat. “Sesshomaru, please”, I begged. “Stop what you’re doing. You’re not in control of yourself right now. Please!”

Slowly, but surely his eyes faded by degrees from blood red to pink to amber. He realized the position we were in and jumped away from me. I let go of the breath I didn’t know I was holding and placed my hand on my thudding heart.

“I am sorry, Megumi.” Sesshomaru turned on his heel and walked ahead of us. I picked up my bag and walked towards Kagome.

“I’m really sorry, Megumi, I don’t know what happened”, Inuyasha said. He looked so sad and guilty.

“It’s not your fault, Inuyasha. Shit happens.” I shrugged my shoulders and continued walking.

“We need to be on our guard, now that we have seen what happens. Megumi your mating scent won’t go away for some time, a week maybe two. Keep your guard up”, said Miroku.
I nodded my head and sighed. I was still a bit shaky; I was almost raped against a tree in front of my friends and cousin, by Sesshomaru!

XoXoXoXo
We set up camp and I sighed as I sat as far away from the group as possible. I wasn’t going to take any chances with the two demons. I already felt bad about turning Inuyasha on; after all he was my cousin’s soulmate. I sighed and looked up to the moon. “I wish you were here mom”, I whispered.

Kagome came over and brought me my dinner, roasted fish, ramen, and tea. “Don’t beat yourself over what happened. It couldn’t be helped and it is not your fault. I am not mad at you and neither is Inuyasha. He does feel bad, but only because he thinks he’s hurt my feelings and made you uncomfortable around him. I mean you are sitting about twenty yards away from us.”

I sighed, “I’m sorry Kagome, I just don’t trust myself around them. You heard what Miroku said. What if that happens again, and not only that I’m going to have to protect my virginity from all kinds of demons who are close enough to catch my scent. This is going to be the worst couple of weeks ever!”

Kagome hugged me, “I am not mad at you, none of us are, and I am going to be here for you every step of the way.”

I smiled at my cousin and thanked her. I still stayed away. I ate my meal quietly then took out a black candle and lit it with my witch fire. I took out a spell book and did some studying. I didn’t realize how long I’d been reading until I heard snoring. I looked up and everyone was asleep, except Sesshomaru.

I quickly looked back down at my book and tried to concentrate on the words, but they blurred together and made my head as well as my eyes hurt. I slammed the book shut, making my candle gutter out.

“Are you worried?”

I looked up to see who had spoken. I thought it was Sesshomaru, but I couldn’t be sure since he was still staring up at the moon. At my silence he looked at me and repeated the question.
“Yes, I am. I feel like this is my fault. My scent tempts you and my cousin’s soulmate. And there’s no telling how many demons I’m going to have to fight.

“Hnn.” He was silent for a moment. “I am sorry for earlier. I know I must have frightened you with my rash actions.”

“You had no control over yourself, it couldn’t be helped.” I moved closer towards him so we could talk better without me having to strain my ears to hear. “You’re not mad at me are you?”

“Of course not, miko. Why do you ask?”

“Inuyasha once told me that you hate not being in control, being weak. I made you lose control, so you must hate me right?”

His eyes smoldered as they burned into mine. He looked so beautiful with the moon beaming down on his silver hair. “Not at all.”

I smiled at him and yawned. Before I knew it I fell asleep leaning against Sesshomaru’s shoulder.
“Goodnight, Megumi.”