Status: Senior Year + Summer Break= Summer Reading List for English AP. I will try to update as often as I possibly can. :)

Ice Cold Love

-Chapter Seven-

-Chapter Seven-
Someone kept whispering my name in my ear. “Megumi…Megumi…Miko!”
I opened my eyes and looked around me. Everyone was staring at me weird. I noticed that I was lying on something soft and fuzzy and warm. I turned my head and saw Sesshomaru looking down at me…I was laying on his shoulder. I jumped up and smoothed my hair. “Sorry.” I grabbed my stuff and quickly walked away from camp and found a secluded spot to breathe. I made a circle and sat in the middle.
I was feeling clear and calm. And then…
“Megumi.”
I rolled my shoulders and tried to shake off the bad feeling I had. I needed to calm down my nerves and ever beating heart. I just woke up on the shoulder of the sexiest man alive.
“Megumi, answer me evil witch!”
I opened my eyes and my mouth opened in horror. “Mother?”

XoXoXoXo
“So you were making a move on my cousin? Even after you lost control yesterday and almost raped her!” Kagome screamed as she stomped around camp.
Inuyasha just rolled his eyes, “Leave him alone Kagome.”
“No!”
“What’s the matter Kagome? You’re not upset that your cousin and I slept together are you? Or that your cousin’s scent calls to me and is stronger than yours.” Sesshomaru sneered.
Before Kagome or Inuyasha for that matter could retort they heard someone scream. Sesshomaru jumped up, “Megumi!”
Everyone ran after Sesshomaru as he blurred through the forest. They came upon a clearing and in the middle of it was Megumi in the middle of a witch’s circle. Something was attacking her. Sesshomaru stood outside the circle watching.
“Why aren’t you helping her”, Kagome screamed.
“I cannot step across her circle.”
Megumi thrashed in the circle as if she was fighting someone or something. “Please, mama I did not kill you! I am not your murderer!” Megumi screamed. Cuts formed on her face and arms. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha tensed. They could feel a power building up, a clean, pure power. They turned to Kagome.
“No it’s not her, it’s a lot stronger than hers”, said Sesshomaru. He turned back towards the circle and saw a light engulfing Megumi. It burst from her body like a mushroom cloud and bathed the whole clearing in light. Once the light had faded Megumi stood in a demolished circle covered in blood. Her knees grew weak and she collapsed. Before she hit the ground Sesshomaru caught her in his arms and held her. He wiped away the blood, not caring that it covered his white kimono.
“Don’t you die on me miko.” Sesshomaru slit his wrist with his nail and held his bleeding wrist to her mouth. “You better drink this miko or else I’ll be very angry with you.”

XoXoXoXo
I awoke and noticed that I was lying in Sesshomaru’s arms. I was covered in blood, and Sesshomaru was too. “I saw my mother”, I whispered.
“I know.”
“I’m covered in blood…am I dying, Sesshomaru?” I asked.
“No, I saved you with my blood. But you had lost a lot of blood and would have died.”
“Why did you save me?” I lifted myself up so that I was face to face with him. “Why did you bother saving me Sesshomaru?”
“Because I wanted to.”
“Megumi, you’re awake!”
Before I realized what happened I was being hugged by Kagome.
“Oh Kami, I thought I had lost you. But you’re alive!”
“Yeah I’m alive.” I smiled. I turned to Sesshomaru and sent him a silent thank you. He, subtlety, nodded his head in understanding.

XoXoXoXo
I tried to ignore the looks that Kagome and Sango gave me as we continued our search for the ever elusive Naraku. “Will you two stop, I mean really, you guys looking at me like that is really getting old.”
“We’re sorry, Megumi, it’s just that it’s really weird to see you and Sesshomaru so comfortable together. I mean I’ve never seen him that comfortable or nice before, never”, said Sango.
I sighed, “Will you give it a rest, please. That’s all you guys have talked about for the last three hours.”
“Well it’s nice to get a bit of gossip”, Sango laughed.
I rolled my eyes at her and looked up to the sky. Even though the conversation was annoying me, I couldn’t help but feel grateful that they were keeping my mind off my mom. I cannot get her out of my head; the way she charged at me and tried to kill me. I can still fill her claws scraping against my skin. I can still smell her burnt flesh, and hear her blood-curdling screams.
“Megumi!”
I jumped and looked around me, everyone was looking at me. “What?”
“We’ve been trying to get your attention for like five minutes now, and we can’t come near you because of your powerful aura. It’s like my powers against demons only it works on humans too”, said Kagome.
I noticed that my powers were acting as an energy shield while I thought of my mom. I sighed and let it fall. “Sorry, I was thinking.”
“We’re here”, said Sesshomaru.
“Here? Where’s here”, asked Shippou.
“Totosai!” Kagome shouted. “But why are we here?”
“I’m having a sword made.”

XoXoXoXo
Sesshomaru glared at Totosai as he rubbed his sore jaw. He had let Totosai pull one of his fangs to forge the sword. He took out a vile of blood and handed it to Totosai as well as a crystal.
“That blood belongs to Megumi and that crystal is hers too, she uses it with her powers so I believe her powers are infused in it. Use these three things to make the sword.”
“Of course Lord Sesshomaru.”
Sesshomaru went outside and watched Inuyasha and Shippou spar while Miroku meditated. The girls had left about half an hour ago to take baths.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to update