Degrassi High: Exposed

Two

Spinner Mason was in pain. As he walked away from Marco, he bared his teeth, releasing a strangled scream. The spasms in his stomach had gotten unbearably worse and he wasn’t sure how much more of this he could take.

“Yo, Spin! You ok dude?”

Spinner jumped surprised by the sudden presence of his best friend Jimmy Brooks. A forced smile spread across Spinner’s face. “Yeah dude, I’m fine. My stomach is just bothering me.”

Jimmy raised an eyebrow questioningly. He could tell Spinner was hiding something. “You sure you’re ok?”

Another shot of pain raced through Spinner’s body and a scream threatened to escape him. He clenched his teeth, refusing to be overcome. “Yeah, I’m fine Jimmy. Just leave me alone ok?”

Jimmy sighed as he rolled his wheelchair up next to Spinner. “Dude, I know you’re hurting. What’s going on? You should realize that I’d know you better than this. We’ve only been friends for the past like 10 years right?”

Spinner sighed. It was useless to keep anything from Jimmy and he knew it. “I honestly don’t know man. Something’s going down in junk town and I have no idea what.”

Jimmy sat thoughtfully. “Now was that so hard to say Spin? Dude you really need to get it checked out.”

Spinner nodded. He knew Jimmy was right but he had a fear of doctors. Ever since his dad died he’d never been able to trust them. “You know how I feel about doctors Jimmy.”

Jimmy shrugged. “So go with someone. Not me though. I have to meet with Ashley. Another one of her ‘we have to talk’ moments.”

Spinner nodded as he trembled slightly. Maybe he’d take Marco. They’d make a date out of Spinner freaking out at a doctor’s office. Spinner rolled his eyes. Yeah right. He took a deep breath and tried to calm his nerves. Maybe he’d be ok until he got home.

As he walked down the hall, Marco stood at the end of the hallway, staring after him with a worried look on his face. He hoped Spinner was ok. He sighed and walked off the other way in search of Paige. She could help him take Spinner off his mind.