Degrassi High: Exposed

Four

“Jimmy!”

Jimmy Brooks turned around to see Marco running down the hallway to catch up with him. Jimmy smiled as Marco nearly tripped over Toby Isaacs outstretched foot. “Hey Marco. What can I do for you?”

Marco shifted uncomfortably. “Can you keep a secret?” He asked hesitantly

Jimmy grinned. “Marco, this is me we’re talking about. I’m like the vault of secrets. What’s on your mind dude?”

Marco sighed. He might as well just get it over with. “It’s about Spinner... I’m worried about him.”

Jimmy sighed. “Yeah, I am too. He doesn’t want to see a doctor but he has to. I was actually hoping you could help me out with that.”

Marco raised his eyebrow in confusion. “What did you have in mind?”

“Convince him to go to the doctor. Tell him you’ll go with him. Maybe if he knows someone else cares about him he’ll go.”

Marco sat quietly, contemplating. Maybe that was a good way for him to get closer to Spinner and it was a good way for him to figure out what the hell was wrong. “Yeah that could work. Maybe he’ll let me go with him.”

Jimmy smiled, “I knew you’d figure that out. Anyway, what did you want to tell me?”

“Can you keep a secret?”

Jimmy nodded. He was used to people coming to him with all kinds of bizarre secrets. He was kind of the Vault of Secrets at Degrassi High.

Marco took a deep breath, “I have a crush on Spinner.”

Jimmy sat thoughtfully, “Well he does need someone to be there for him right now. He’s definitely not going to be able to deal with whatever’s going on by himself.”

“What are you saying?”

Jimmy smiled. “It’s simple. Get close to him. Most relationships start out as just being friendships Marco. Become best friends with him again and then see where it goes.”

Marco sat in deep thought as Jimmy rolled down the hallway. That was exactly what he was going to do. Maybe something would come out of this. Maybe not. Either way he’d finally have his best friend back.