Fire. Aim. Ready.

oh glory.

Nixon stared outside the car window, his eyes watching but not seeing. The red metal of the bridge was a constant blur as he looked behind it and tried to look at the dark blue water that outlined the red. Leaning his cheek against his palm as he looked away from the scenery beside him and looked forward, there was nothing but gray and cars to meet his vision.

He looked to his left, only to smile as he watched Philip drive, his fingers tapping on the steering while and lips moving along with the radio as it played music. But Philip couldn't hear the music coming from the radio, or the sweet, angelic voice that came from Phil. He couldn't hear anything.

It was nothing but a blank silence.

Nixon has never been able to hear anything. Ever since birth, Nixon had been deaf. His parents had to quickly learn sign language and then teach Nixon when he came of the right age. No one ever really treated him the same.

Althroughout his grade school years he was forced to have a 'helper' at all times, and it had been the same old lady for ten years. Then, once in got into high school, he had been able to read lips well enough that he did okay. Plus, the teachers constantly wrote on the board what they were supposed to be doing. He could read, that's for sure.

Nixon loved to read. And that's how he met Phillip.

Philip had been looking for a book for a report he had to do for his English class, and Nixon had read a fair amount of the books in the library. They talked, and Phillip never treated him like everyone else... not even when he finally found out about Nixon's condition.

Nixon's newfound friend told him about his band, about the music -- he even gave Nixon a sheet with the lyrics and tapped out the song on the table so he could feel the vibrations. And their relationship grew from there.

He hadn't been very sure of his sexual preference since he was never given the chance to have a relationship with anyone, but when Phillip asked him to be his boyfriend, Nixon answered with the quickest amount of words he had ever let leave his mouth.

Yes! Oh god, yes! I will happily be your boyfriend! YES!

And now here they were, sitting in Phillip's car, on their way to their first stop on the tour Phillip's band was going on. Phillip must have seen Nixon looking at him from the corner of his eye, and turned to grin at Nixon. Nixon grinned back and reached out to lace his fingers with Phillip's.

Nixon read Phillip's lips as the redhead continued to sing along with the radio.

Past and present, they don't matter now the future's sorted out.

And it was. The future was planned out. They were going to be together for a long, long time - and if the band ever got a record deal, that would be even better. But right now, they were simply worried about getting to San Francisco and finding a hotel so they could get some sleep. It had been a long ride from Palm Springs.
♠ ♠ ♠
the above lyrics are from phoenix's song 1901.

enjoy~ <3

word count: 544