Status: Active. If anyones interested, co-write?

Discovering Me

No! Don't Tell Me That!

I sit next to Lila in 6th period, bored out of my mind. I have my elbow on the table, cheek resting gently on my palm, gazing off into the distance, thinking about what my parents might get me for my 16th birthday today. A car is hopefully on the list. I really want my dad's old '95 6-cylinder mustang. He bought it the day before I was born... Ka-THUNK! My elbow is swiped off the table, my head slamming down hard. I look to my right to see Kyle, an air-headed jerk, laughing hysterically, and a few other people chuckling softly to themselves. As his laughter dies down, he sneers, "Happy birthday, faggot."
Lila leans forward and looks past me to hiss, "Back off, slut-fucker!"
Kyle looks at her and jeers, "Oh, look, the cock-sucker can't defend himself, so he's getting his wrist-cutting emo to defend him."
Lila laughs. "I'm clean. It's you," she reaches past me to grab Kyle's wrist, flipping it over, "we should worry about," she finishes with a triumphant smirk.
Kyle jerks his hand back towards himself, cradling it in his jacket. "Stay out of my personal life, bitch," Kyle seethes.
"Well, maybe if you weren't such a dick, I wouldn't even have to be in it," she replies calmly, slouching into her chair.
"Slut." "Asshole."
I chuckle. They called eachother names at the same time.
"Ronnie, no talking! How many times to I have to tell you!" Mrs. Crabag shrills. I roll my eyes. Of course, it's only now she notices anyone talking, and of course it's me she notices when all I did was giggle. I swear, that woman has it out for me. She loves Kyle, for some reason. I'm serious, she must have been dropped on her head from the top of a 5 story building when she was a baby... more than once. Or maybe Kyle used his witchie-poo magic and cast a spell on her to make her love him and hate me. I'm going with the witchie-poo magic theory. The funny thing about her name is it's pernounced crab-hag.
Suddenly, a shrill ringing noise rips through my brain, making me fall out of my chair. Laying on my back, I start screaming, "Fire! Call 911! Stop, drop, and roll!" rinse, and repeat.
Lila slaps me and yells, It's the end of school! This happens every day! If you do this tomorow, I'm not bringing you a treat for a month!"
I jump up and start running, yelling, "Abuse! Abuse! She's trying to kill me! First she slaps me, and now she's gonna starve me!" I yell that over and over, Lyla hot on my heels, me running blindly through the hallways, her just following the path of bulldozed students i leave behind. I'll appologize tomorrow. Right now, I'm RU- BOOM! I run into a wall of solid muscle, bouncing back onto my a- butt. I look up to see a cop standing above me, hands on his hips. I start panicking, thinking maybe I was reported for 'disturbing the peace', or some stupid shi- stuff like that. "I wasn't doing anything, officer. I was just... chasing my teacher's runaway... whale," I say weakly.
He smiles softly, but looks troubled. "You're not in trouble, son," He says. "Actually, I'm looking for Ronnie Woolf. Do you know where he is?"
I stare at him hard, trying to read him. He is emotionless, except for his eyes. They look... pained? Ah, shiiiiiooot. Something's really wrong. "That's me, sir," I say slowly.
He sighs, and, if possible, looks more distraught than before. He holds out his hand, and I take it. He pulls me up effortlessly. I even get a little air. But I don't laugh. The cop stares at me, then squeezes his eyes closed, taking a deep breath. "Son, your parents are... dead."
I stare at him, slowly shaking my head. "No! Don't tell me that!" I yell, starting to shake. That aweful word echo's in my head. Dead... Dead... Dead...
He gently places his hand on my shoulder and whispers, " You need to hear this. They were driving to work, practically the only ones on the road, when a foreigner, obvoiusly his first time here, crashed into them. Your mother died on impact. your father lasted until 20 minutes after he got to the hospital, long enough to tell us his name, who to contact-you, that he wants you to have his mustang, he loves you, and happy 16th birthday."
I feel arms wrap around me. I turn around, surprised, but when I see it's Lila, I slump into her, starting to sob. I hear Lila say to the cop she'll bring me home, and the cop saying it's fine. I feel Lila lead me to her car, and people's stares burning into my back, but I don't care. My world was just shattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! I said it would be longer, didn't I? Also, you should be thankful. It took me from 9:00 to11:00 to write this, and it is really hard to type this all up on a Kindle. Anyways, next update will be sooner.
~Quinn