Status: Active. If anyones interested, co-write?

Discovering Me

I'll Give You One Last Piggy-Back Ride

I wake up sprawled next to Noah and Lila on the couch. Some how, Lila managed to put on her pajamas befor she fell asleep, and Noah probably stole the basketball shorts he has on from me. I rub my eyes and stretch, my back cracking and stretching. I look around and, finding the fan, turn it on, pointing it at my friends. Then, I walk into the kitchen and starn making eggs and bacon. I make some extra just in case someone is still hungry after they finish. As I pile everything onto 4 plates, the doorbell rings. I shrug and go answer it, opening the dor as I yawn. I look up and a laidy in a suit is standing in front of me with a sad smile. I grin politely back and ask, "Hi. Can I help you?"
She answers, "Hi. You're Ronnie Woolf, correct?" I nod, a smile still plastered to my face. "I am here to collect you. Since you have no currently living relatives, you will be put up for adoption."
My smile crumbles and I nod, sighing, "I figured. I have everything packed and all that great stuff, but perhaps you would like to come in? I just made breakfast."
She smiles. "I don't want to intrude."
"Nonsense. Come in, come in!" I exclaim, ushering her inside. "I must go wake my friends for breakfast, but I will be right back!" I pause. "Oh, and call me Ronnie." I walk into the living room and wake up Lila and Noah. "Hey guys, we have a visitor, so Noah, put on a shirt, and grab one for me as well. Also, breakfast is ready." Noah flips over the back of the couch and runs upstairs. Lila stands up and stretches, then walks into the bathroom. Noah comes running back downstairs and throws a shirt and jeans at me. I look at him questioningly.
"The outfit Lila and I picked for you yesterday," he says. I nod and throw the t-shirt on, then exchange the shorts for the jeans. Lila walks out of the bathroom and walk back to the kitchen.
I smile at the social worker and say, "These are my friends Lila and Noah. Lila and Noah, this is... uh..."
The lady steps forward and offers her hand. "Danielle. But I prefer Dani."
"Hi Dani." Noah smiles broadly and shakes Dani's hand.
"Hello," Lila mumbles, giving Dani's hand a quick shake.
I set all the plates at the table and sit down. Lila sits to my left, Noah to my right, and Dani across from me. All through breakfast, the only sound is the clanking of forks on plates. When I'm finished, I stand up abruptly and bring my plate to the sink. I rinse my plate and fork, then put them in the dish washer. One by one, everyone stands up from the table and loads their plates and forks in the dishwasher. I look at Dani and ask, "What's going to happen to my home when I leave?"
She looks at me with an unreadable expression. "Probably to whoever is in the will," I look at Noah and say, "You can have my PS3. And one game. I'm bringing the rest with me." Then I turn to Lila. "You can have one of my Breathe Carolina bracelets since you love them so much." I hug both of them, tears forming in my eyes. "I love you guys so much. I promise to call every day," I whimper.
Lila starts crying and hugs me, saying, "I'll help you bring your bags downstairs."
"Me too," Noah whispers. "I'll give you one last piggy-back ride upstairs before you have to go." He pulls me onto his back and thumps upstairs, Lila right behind us. When we get to my old room, I slide off of Noah's back. Wordlessly, we each grab a suitcase-Noah grabs the extra one-and trudge back downstairs. After we line them up beside the front door, I turn to Dani and say, "Can I follow you in my car?"
She looks at me, seemingly shocked. "You have a car?!" she exclaims. Ok. She's definitely shocked.
I shrug. "My dad gave it to me for my birthday yesterday," I mutter.
She looks at me with pity. "I'm sorry they died on your birthday," she says, putting her hand on my shoulder.
I give her a half smile. "I guess it was meant to happen," I say softly.
"Alright, well lets load up these bags into your car," she says.
Since there seems to be 4 bags and 4 people, we each grab a bag and wrestle them over to my new car parked in the driveway. After we throw the bags into the trunk, Noah, Lila and I do a cheesy group hug thing while Dani gets in her car. I swing into the drivers seat of my Mustang and start it, pulling out of the drive way after Dani. As we drive toward the adoption center, I cant help but think, 'There is no way in hell I am gonna get adopted.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! So I am just like 'Dude! 2 updates in 1 day! I am on a roll!' And, I lied. Adoption next chapter fo sho! Um, shout out time!
Anitastarshineroxx- yes, I swear on my little brothers life that I am using a Kindle to type this all. Ya kinda get used to it.
~Quinn