Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Timing.

[Jack’s P.OV.]

As Stella cuddled against me, I looked down at her. She was always so beautiful to me. And she always would be. I, tightly, but gently, squeezed her to me,
kissing her forehead.

As I focused on the TV again, my phone jingled as it sat on my nightstand.

Reaching over, looking at the screen, I saw that I had a text from Alex.

>Band practice tonight. I have some amazing news for you guys.

I shrugged, putting my phone down again. I slid down into the bed, deciding to take a little nap, too.

*****

I felt a little stirring in my sleep. Peeking my eyes open, I saw Stella walking out of my room.

As she crawled into the bed again, I turned my body to face her.

“I’m sorry, Jack. I didn’t mean to wake you up.” She scooted in close to me, reaching her hand up to run her fingers through my hair.

I stretched as she looked across at me. “It’s alright. I’ve got to get up soon for band practice.” Reaching out, I wrapped my arm around her waist, slightly pulling her closer to me.

“You know,” I paused, smirking a bit. “I don’t think I’ve kissed you today.”

Stella giggled, rising up a bit on her elbow. “You haven’t? Woooow…that’s kinda a problem, I think.”

Looking up at her, I grinned, pulling her down over me. She had the sweetest smile on her face as I reached my neck up to kiss her. I pecked her lips gently, before quickly whipping her around, laying her down on the bed, so that my body hovered over hers.

She let out the cutest, loudest laugh ever. “OHMYGOD!” she squealed out. I laughed with her. Looking down at her, I bit my lip, watching her laugh before I kissed her deeply, but gently. My tongue dipped into her mouth and I felt her hand cup my cheek. As I pulled away, slowly, he look in her brown eyes was heart stopping. I leaned down to kiss her again, her arms tight around my neck. My hands were firmly on her hips, searching their way up her shirt. Her tongue flicked against mine as my hands grazed her breasts. She let out a small moan against my mouth and it made me smile.

I could feel my heart beating everywhere in my body—everywhere—when my phone starting ringing and vibrating against my nightstand.

“Fuuuuck..” I mumbled as I raised up to grab it.

It was Alex.

*How the hell does he always call at the worst times?*

I thought about not answering it, but I knew that he would just keep calling until I answered.

Running my fingers through my hair, I answered the phone as I looked down at Stel. “What’s up, man?” My voice was gruff, but it was because I was frustrated.

“Can you bring some extra strings with you to practice?”

I rolled my eyes, sighing. “You couldn’t have texted me that?”

“Were you busy?”

“Yeah, sorta.”

He laughed. “You’re probably banging Stella right now, aren’t you?”

“What?!” I don’t know what possessed him to be such a dick. “Dude, I’ll just see you later.” I ended the call, throwing my phone down on the bed. Stella looked up at me, a sympathetic look on her face.

“You know I love Alex. He’s like a brother to me, but he can be the biggest asshole.” I rolled off of her, lying on the bed again.

“I hate to agree, but…I do agree.” She said, softly. “But whatever it is, you’ll get to practice and start being a huge silly loser with him.”

I looked over, smiling at her, shaking my head a bit. “You’re right.”

*****

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

When we got to Rian’s, I sat down on the couch with Kara. Super happy to see her.

“So, how have things been with...?” She looked over towards Alex. He was putting a new string on his guitar.

I looked back at Kara, shrugging. “He hasn’t done anything really. I mean, he made a couple comments when we helped him clean up his house, but he hasn’t texted me or anything else.”

“…can’t believe he kissed you.” Kara shook her head, squinting her eyes at the thought.

“I kissed him, too, though. I mean…it wasn’t just him.” I said, softly, thinking back.

*I didn’t stop him. It was a really good kiss that I didn’t stop.*

“Just…try not to worry about it anymore. Maybe he grew a conscience and he won’t bother you anymore.” Kara thought, optimistically and I liked it.

“I think he’ll never grow a conscience. And even if he does, he’ll never know how to use it.” I laughed out. Kara laughed with me.

We turned to watch the guys as Alex talking.

“So, the awesome news I have is that I found a club that doing a battle of the bands in a month. It’s $125 to enter. Annnnd I’m thinking we should sign up.”

“Sweet!” Rian said as he sat on the end of the stage. “When’s the money due?”

Alex pursed his lips as we all waited for the answer. “Welllll, that’s the thing… It’s kinda due tomorrow, but…”

I slapped my forehead.

*Tomorrow?!*

“BUT…” He spoke up louder. “I’ve got $45. We just need $80 more.”

Zack strummed on bass. “And I got some money for graduation. It could be worth it.”

“Oh, it will be.” Alex sounded super excited. “If we win, we get 10 hours in a recording studio. We HAVE to do this.”