Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Investing.

As the guys practiced, I thought about some of the money I’d gotten for graduation, too. I knew I wanted to invest in them. It would mean the world to them all, but especially Jack.

*****

We all started to head out as practice was finished. I hugged Kara and waved at Rian before walking outside behind Alex and Jack.

“This is an incredible deal, but I wish you would have found out before today, douchebag.” Jack joked with Alex.

He shrugged his guitar bag around his chest as he ruffled his hair. “Yeahhh… I just saw it online last night. Better than never.” He stopped next to his car and I kept walking to stand beside Jack.

Jack nodded, understanding Alex. “Well, I’ve got to get this one back home.” He wrapped his arm around my waist and I smiled slightly, looking at Alex quickly.

“Ok. Well, I’ll see you two later?” Alex smirked with that familiar devilish smirk at me, before nodding up at Jack.

“Yeah, man.”

My heart throbbed as I saw the look he gave me before walking away with Jack. It took all of me not to look back at him. I wondered if he was watching me, but I didn’t have to look back to know. I could just feel his eyes.

I slipped into the passenger seat as Jack walked around to the driver’s seat, starting the car.

“I’m so fucking pumped about this show.” He started pulling out of the driveway, driving down the road.

“I know you are! Me too.”

Jack smiled at me, turning up the radio, using his fingers to drum against the steering wheel.

The music filled the car and I tried to relax as we drove down the road.

But all I could think of what the looks Alex gave me. They were so quick that I was probably the only person that noticed. At practice, while he played, we would meet eyes and I would look away, but he’d still be looking at me. And when we left, that look… it pissed me off because sweet Jack didn’t notice, but I did. I could see and I could feel the way he looked at me. He had to stop and I was just going to have to man up the next time I saw him, to tell him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. Sweet. Build up.