Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Band Practice.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

We got done playing one of our songs and when I looked up, Stella was there with Kara. It took me back to the night at Alex’s house. It kinda made me get butterflies in my stomach again.

“Yall are truly amazing!” Stella said, gleaming.

*Dang. It was like she read my mind.*

“Well, teen witch over there thinks we’re good! I think that’s pretty legit.” Alex always had to ruin everything with his stupid comments. “Hey, if you want to know how we got this good, I could always show you.”

I walked over and smacked him in the back of the head.

“Dude, you’re gonna run her away.”

Zack smiled. “Ok, I’m so confused.”

Alex turned to him. “That is Stella Gardner. She answers to Stella, Garden Ho or dog food being opened.”

Zack’s jaw dropped. “Dude, seriously…?”

“You know what, Alex?” Stella stood up, walking toward us. “Watch your back, asshole.”

“Oooh, the sexual tension is high. Let me fix that for you, baby.” Alex made slurping noises.

Stella was biting her tongue, her mouth turned up. Then all of the sudden, she slapped him on his crotch. Not too hard, just enough. Just a slap in the right place.

Alex fell to his knees and I know he was seeing stars.

Rian, Zack and I ‘Oooh’-ed at the same time and Kara was rolling on the couch, doubled over in laughter.

Stella walked over to Zack.

“Hey. I’m Stella. And I answer to Stella, Garden Ho and dog food being opened. But that’s how I answer to the latter two.”

Zack took her hand, laughing. “I’m Zack. And I think I love you.” Stella blushed.

I squatted down to Alex. Trying not to laugh, I cleared my throat.

“You alright, dude?”

He nodded his head. His face was so red and I’m sure it was because he was hurt and embarrassed.

Stella squatted down to eye level with us. “So, Alex. Are you done?”

“Yes, just don’t EVER do that again.” He responded, looking at her through his bangs.

“Hey, I’m done if you are.”

“I am. I’m sorry,” he whispered to where only we could hear.

“It’s all good now. Everyone’s even.” She looked at me, smiling.

*I think the old Stella is starting to come out.*

After Alex recovered, he stood up and we played a few more songs. But the whole time, I couldn’t get my mind off Stella. She was…amazing. She was beautiful and sorta dangerous. Sorta…

“Woah. Woah. Jack, where are you, man?” Zack asked.

*Damn, I need to pay attention.*

“I’m sorry guys.” I ran my fingers through my hair. Alex was looking at me.

*Shit!*

He was doing that thing where he could read my mind.

“Nah, it’s alright. Let’s just pick up next practice.” Alex probably wanted to rest.

“Awesome. I can take my girl out.” Rian stood up from his drums.

Kara looked at Rian. “Nuh-uh. I drove Stella here. I’ve gotta take her back.”

*No. No. I want to drive her home.*

Stella declined. “No, girl. Go ahead. I’ll get one of the other guys to take me home.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, Kara. Don’t worry about it. Go have fun!” Stella smiled.

Her smile gave me goosebumps.

“Stella, you are extraordinary.” Kara hugged her. “I’ll see you at Tyler’s party?”

Stella nodded at her. “Yeah. That goober talked me into going.”

“Sweet! Bye girl.”

Kara waved bye to me, Alex and Zack.

Zack put his bass down. “I’m out, too. Stella, it was amazing meeting you.” He smiled at her as he picked up his skateboard.

It made me sorta jealous.

“Well, thank you. I’m just glad I know everyone in the band now.”

He grinned and threw us a peace sign as he left.

It was down to me and Alex now.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

Alex walked over to me, slowly. I looked up at him. He didn’t have a goofy grin on his face.

*Woah. He’s actually about to be serious.*

He used his hand to swipe his hair out of his eyes.

“I’m sorry for being an asshole. I totally had that slap coming.”

I nodded my head to agree.

“What can I say? You’re just a dick.” I smiled at him and he smirked back.

“Yeah, I know. But no hard feelings?”

“None at all.”

He opened his arms and I walked into them to give him a hug. It felt good in his arms, too, but not like Jack hugs. At all.

“Hey, but you know you just started a full out war.” He said as he pulled back from our hug.

“What do you mean?”

He hit my boob with his hand.

“Tit check!”

He jumped away from me and ran to the door,

“See you later, Stella!” He winked at me.