Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Party Prep.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

We got in the car and Jack started driving me home.

“Hey! I do have a random question for you, pertaining to you and the band.”

He smiled, “Ok.”

“How in the world do you rock out so hard on the guitar?” I giggled.

“Ohh yeah! You think I rock!”

I continued laughing as he spoke.

“I dunno. I just get into it and have fun. Whatever I do up there is a mystery to me, too,”

“Alright. I’ll take that.” I said as we pulled into my driveway.

Jack turned off the car and got out. I got out, too, but I looked at him, confused.

“What are you doing?”

He looked at me like I was asking a question with a too obvious answer.

“I’m walking you to your door. Duh!” He stuck his tongue out at me.

“Umm, you don’t have to do that.” I started walking toward my house.

“I know,” he linked him arm into mine, “but I want to.”

I just shrugged my shoulders at him. “Well, ok! I guess I’ll see you at Tyler’s house.”

“No, you will see me. Cause you ARE coming.” He said, jokingly but forcefully.

I groaned. “Augh. Whatever.”

“I know where you live, Gazelle. I’ll smoke you out of this house if I have to.”

I laughed at him. He said the dumbest stuff sometimes, but it always cracked me up.

I reached up and hugged him around his skinny waist. He was the only person –let alone- guy that I ever wanted to hug voluntarily. And I hope he didn’t mind.

*****

The next day, Saturday, I slept until like noon.

*I love Saturdays.*

I decided to text Kara. I didn’t know what to wear at this party. I hadn’t even been to a real party ever…alone, at least. I didn’t want to look like a loser by myself…I never minded when I was with my friends.

My phone alerted me to a text from Kara.

>What do you think about a cute skirt?

< :S Yikes. I haven’t worn a skirt in forever.

>Then, do it! I’m sure you’ll look great!

<Can I send you a picture of the final choice?

>That is an excellent idea girl.

It took me forever to pick out some choices. It was 5:45 and Jack texted me earlier to say he could probably be here about 6:30ish. *No, it’s not a date. He’s just leaving his car here.* That gave me less than an hour.

I jumped in and out of the shower and dressed quickly. I’d chosen a black Nirvana tee with a light black and white sweater and a black, silk, pleated skirt. I applied some heavy-ish eyeliner and some red eyeshadow. I went with my red converses, instead of heels. *Of course!* I got in front of the full length mirror and took a picture to send to Kara.

I heard the doorbell ring and I ran down the stairs, holding my breath as I answered the door.