Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Welcome to Caring.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I walked away from Jack to find Kara. I had to tell her that he asked me to prom.

I went straight to her locker and I saw her standing there with Rian. I ran up to them, freaking out like I wanted to when he asked me.

“Kara…KaraKaraKara…and Rian. Jack asked ME to prom!” I used my hands to point to myself.

“Yayyy!” Kara’s face lit up and she squealed with me.

“Can you help me find a dress and stuff?” I asked after I calmed a bit…just a bit.

She gasped and got excited again. “Oh my YES. I would love to.”

I hugged her. We followed Rian out of the school.

We got outside and saw that Alex had his arm around some chick. Jack was talking to them both.

I met Jack’s eyes and he made a small disgusted face and looked back at the girl. I giggled, walking to my car. My phone vibrated in my pocket. Jack.

>You coming to band practice?

<Well, not immediately. Gotta shop with Kara. This dude asked me to prom and I want to look good for him.

I looked up after sending that. I watched him get it and look up at me. I waved at him and he nodded back.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I was squinting, trying to appear entertained while Alex introduced me to his prom date, Katelyn. She was so dumb…but she was hot. I knew the only reason they would be going together to prom was because Alex wanted her. And she was willing to give herself up.

I liked that Stella was a challenge. Yes, she was sexy as hell and I wanted her body, too. But, she also made me want to be better. I wanted to protect her and let her know that all guys aren’t out to get her. Somewhere in trying to prove that to her, I wanted to make her mine. I wanted to learn all I could about her and I wanted to tell her everything about me.

I felt a shove and I looked at Rian, shoving him back. Alex was making out with his little toy.

“Stella’s really excited, man.”

I shook my hair out of my eyes. “Really? I hope so. I am too…it’s so weird feeling like this. Like weird, but cool.”

He slapped his hand against my shoulder.

“Welcome to caring, Jack Barakat.”