Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Release.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

Kara and I were talking in Starbucks, getting ready to leave. I was walking toward the door and…Ryan’s mom walked in. I stopped dead in my tracks.

“Stella, what? What’s up?” Kara asked, right behind me.

Mrs. Cynthia looked at me and smiled, waving. She walked over.

“Hi Stella.”

“Hey Mrs. Cynthia. How are you?”

She smiled and I couldn’t help smiling back. I loved her.

“I’m good, sweetie.”

I felt Kara behind me.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Mrs. Cynthia, this is my friend, Kara. Kara, this is Ryan’s mom and my bible study leader at church.”

They shook hands.

“Nice to meet you. Stella, I’m gonna go out to put these bags in the car, but I’ll meet you out there.” Kara smiled at Mrs. Cynthia, walking out the door.

“How have you really been?” Mrs. Cynthia asked, moving out of the aisle.

I shrugged, smiling a little smile.

“I’m…you know, I’m really good.”

“You know I found out about Ryan and Grace and I just didn’t know…I mean, I didn’t want to be in anyone’s business, but I just wanted to make sure we’re still ok.”

“Oh yeah, of course. I love you Mrs. Cynthia.” I smiled at her, meaning what I said.

“I love you, too, Stella.” She reached over and hugged me. “Ok, I’ll let you catch up with your friend, but I hope to see you soon.”

I smiled at her, but didn’t answer her. I didn’t know when I would see her again.

“Bye.” I walked out to my car and Kara was there.

“Ryan’s mom?!” She said, shocked.

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“She seems to like you.”

“Yeah, and it makes it all harder cause I love her. But I have to let that all go.”

We both sighed, standing there.

“Well, Jack is totally waiting on me and I’m sure you wanna see ‘Ri-Ri.’”

She laughed. “Just go ahead and say it.”

“…and I want to see Jack,” I said, through a huge grin.

“YESSS! VICTORY!” She held her arms up in the air.