Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Study Date.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

“So…how about my bedroom?” I winked at her, smiling.

“Shut up, Jack. How about the couch?,” She walked to our living room.

She sat down on the couch, making herself comfortable by sitting Indian style. I sat next to her.

“So…it shouldn’t be too incredibly hard,” she stated. “It’s just the last 3 chapters.”

“Grrr…I don’t wanna studyyy…” I whined.

*I really didn’t want to. I just wanted to spend time with her.*

“Come on, Jack. It’s totally mostly common sense stuff.” She sighed. “I know you know this stuff. You’re smart.” She smiled at me and I smiled back. She believed in me.

“Ok…” I rolled my eyes and opened my book to the last few chapters we’d talked about.

About an hour and a half later, we weren’t studying at all. We were just talking about stuff. We started talking about alcohol, then about the party at Tyler’s.

Stella mentioned the first time she got drunk.

“I was at my sister’s friend’s bachelorette party and there were Jell-o shots. They were so good, but so toxic. I didn’t even know I was drunk til we were outside to hit the penis piñata.”

I cracked up laughing at that. She was laughing, too as she started again. “I remember people telling me to be quiet, but I had no idea I was being loud.”

I grinned at her. “You’re not too much of a party girl, are you?”

We were sitting face-to-face now, looking straight at each other.

She nodded her head ‘no.’

“There are tons of things I’m not, but I’ve always wanted to be.”

I raised my eyebrows at that statement. “Like what?”

She looked away, thinking.

“Well,” she counted on her fingers. “A model, a writer, a swimmer and…” She trailed off.

“What?” I whispered.

She mumbled. “Nothing.” She wouldn’t look me in the eyes.

“Hey, I want to be a rockstar. That’s pretty silly, but it could come true. Tell me what you really want to be.”

She looked at me as I spoke and then looked away.

“I want to be…really, really special to someone.” She breathed after she said that.
I breathed, too. It was very quiet. Scary quiet.

I felt her move.

*Don’t get up!*

“Hold on!” I called a little bit too loudly.

She was perching at the edge of the couch, but she looked back at me. I scooted up to meet her.

“Ryan was a number 1 asshole. I don’t know if that’s what gets you thinking that way, but Stella…”

She looked down, away from me. I picked her chin up with my finger.

“Look at me Stella.”

She looked into my eyes and her mouth curled into a small smile.

“You are so fucking special to me. The most important thing next to my music.”

She was blushing and shaking her head slightly, but I nodded my head ‘yes.’ I couldn’t help staring into her eyes. I leaned in toward her and she didn’t back away.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

We were so close to each other. My eyes kept moving around, looking at the features of his face. My heart was fluttering like mad.

Jack had the sexiest smile and look in his eyes. I bit my bottom lip, giggling softly.

“I think we got a little bit off topic,” I said, quietly. I was still positioned right in front of his face.

Jack shook his head. “I think you are a way better topic than…hmm…drug abuse.”

My eyes scanned him again.

“Remember when I said you couldn’t distract me. Yeah? That applies now, too.”

“I know, I know.” He whimpered. “My lips are so damn distracting. Maybe you should punish them.” He puckered his lips and lean towards me.

I laughed, but leaned away. “Jack, come on. We totally have to study now.”

“So we can make out later? Yesss! You ARE smart!” He bounced on the couch like a little kid.

I tried my hardest to focus, but I couldn’t. At all. I just had to pretend.

By the time we started talking about the last thing on the study guide: the 12-step process, I couldn’t concentrate. Period.

I kept telling myself I needed to, but even my subconscious was pestering me to look at him.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

Stella always made me smile. She was seemingly undistracted, but every once in a while, I would catch her glancing at me.

Finally, we reached the end of the study guide.

“Holy crap! Thank God we’re done with that.” I stretched my arms out, sucking in air.

“You think you’re ready?” Stella asked as some of her hair fell into her eyes.

“Hell yes. All I’ll need you to do is sit a little closer to me in class and don’t lean over your answers.” She scowled at me and then pushed me.

“Jack!” She squealed.

I laughed incredibly hard. “I’m kidding. Hey!”

Stella rolled her eyes. “You’re a loserdork, you know. And I gotta get out of here.”

I jutted my bottom lip out. “You’re leaving me?”

“Ohh, Jack. Don’t make that face.” She gathered her book and folder, lifting herself off the couch. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

I made my puppy dog eyes look up at her. “But I’ll be here all alone.”

“Something tells me you’ll be alright.” She grinned, rolling her eyes and started towards the door.

I hopped up and followed behind her. “Stellllaaa…nooo!”

“OhmyJack. You’re ridiculous.”

I grinned at her. “But you love it!”

“Ehh.” She smirked at me. “I’m kidding, but if I don’t leave now, you won’t know anything for the test. And I want you to pass.” She poked me in the stomach, playfully. “I need you to graduate with me.”

I felt my cheeks blush. “I’ll be right there with you, Stel.”

She’d reached the door and tiptoed up to hug me.

“Good.” She kissed my cheek before she came back down. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

I grinned at her. “Dammit, girl.”

“What?” She stood back.

“You gotta go. I have studying to do.”

She laughed as she walked out the door, waving.