Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Crowded and Uncomfortable.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

“So, who’s got the best party to crash?” Rian hollered from the other end of the limo.

“There’s Tyler Johnson’s,” Kara suggested.

“I got a text about that Travis dude having a party. That’s where Zack is.” Alex slid his phone shut.

We all decided that’s where we would go, too. As soon as we got there, there were people everywhere already.

As the chauffeur helped me out, the chatter got incredibly loud. Alex and Slut Puppy led the way. I could already tell they were starting to lose interest in each
other. I rolled my eyes at the thought. But…Alex was the cutest douche I’d ever know.

“Let’s go, Memphis! I know you can move faster than that.”

Alex…Augh!

*Maybe he’s not so cute.*

“You have to dance with me more.” Jack said to me before we walked toward that house.

I smiled at that. But before we’d gotten to the front door, the boys were swarmed with cheers and thank you’s. I decided to let him have his spotlight. He told deserved it. And the huge crowd kinda freaked me out.

Walking away from the crowd didn’t help. The farther back I went, the crowds just stayed the same...or got a little bit worse.

I found a room that branched out of the hallway. It was the kitchen. There were only a few people in there at the moment.

“Stella Gardner?”

I turned toward the voice that said my name.

It was Jake.

“Heyy. How are you?”

He walked over and leaned on the same counter I was leaning against. “Busy as
hell with work, but hey, school’s done now, so that’s good.”

“Finally.”

He paused in thought. “We miss you, Stel.”

“We?”

“Yeah. Me, Ashton, Neely, Will.”

“Yall shouldn’t. I’m around.”

He sighed. “No. You practically fell off our side of the earth.”

“Hey Jake! The…”

*Fuck…this is why I “fell off their side of the earth.”*

Ryan stared me down.

“I’m gonna go…” I rushed back toward Jack. Well, tried to rush, in a crowd of gyrating, jumping people. I got back to where I last saw Jack and he wasn’t there.
Behind me, I heard, “Stel…Stella.” I stood on my tiptoes to see who was calling my name.
Ryan.

I started to panic. I turned around to keep walking. Someone behind me, I’m guessing Ryan, grabbed my wrist. I tried my hardest to pull away.

I saw dirty blonde hair in all the smoke and I heard that obnoxious laugh. I knew Alex was close. And where Alex was, Jack was even closer.

“Stella! Would you wait?!”

“There’s your older half.” Alex looked my way and pointed.

The grip on my wrist fell away and Jack bounced over to me. “Don’t leave me alone with these animals. They’ll eat me alive!” He joked.

I wrapped my fingers around his. “All apologies,” I batted my eyelashes all goofy-like.

“To the booze!” he yelled in the air.

I could conquer the world with Jack at my side. I knew Ryan or Grace or anyone else wouldn’t bother me when we were around. I stuck close to his side and we got back to the kitchen.

Jake and Ryan were nowhere to be seen.

*Dumbasses.*

I leaned on the counter again as Jack raided the kitchen. “What’s your poison?”

“Hmm,” I thought aloud, “You.”

He pulled two cans of beer out of the fridge, smirking at me. He placed the cans next to me on the counter. His glare on me was starting a smoldering fire in me.

“Is that right?” He slid his hands down my hips.

I nodded, running my tongue over my bottom lip. He leaned down, so that his forehead was against mine.

“You can’t wait to be sexy until we’re alone, can you?”

I nodded my head no, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Fuck you,” he whispered. “Getting a hard-on in skinny jeans is NOT comfortable.”

I smiled. “I’m sorry. I’ll stop being sexy.”

“Nope. Not working.” He stood up straight, pouting.

I rolled my eyes. “Just…wait until later.” I grinned from ear to ear until someone cleared their throat, interrupting us.

I dropped my head and then turned to see who it was.

*Oh, whatever.* It was just slut puppy, Kate…

…but Grace was behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh.my.heart.
i have 42 subscribers!
thank yall so incredibly much. im so glad that yall like my story enough to get updates everytime i post.
yall are my heart.