Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Good Day, Sunrise.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

The next thing I remembered was a bright light.

“Turn it down, please.”

I turned away from it and faded again.

“Sweetie, you need to drink to a glass of water.”

I knew that wasn’t my mom’s voice. I turned toward the woman’s voice and when
I opened my eyes, I was so confused. Everything was blurry. Nothing was familiar.

I sat up quickly. Just as fast as I sat up, I regretted it. My head sloshed heavily. I fell back down on the bed.

“Stella, take this.”

I squeezed my eyes closed to try to dull the pain. I didn’t work. And the lady’s
voice was so loud.

“Sit up. But slowly.”

I did as told, my eyes squinted. “Where are my glasses?” The volume and tone of my own voice bothered me.

The lady reached over to the nightstand and handed my glasses to me. When I put them on, it sorta helped my headache.

“Here.” I took two white pills and a glass of water from her. “That’s aspirin.”

I popped the pills into my mouth and swallowed them with the water. Then, I fell back against the bed.

“Augh,” I ran my hands over my face and through my hair. I was asleep again before I could ask any questions. But after a while, I woke up again and I had to
pee like a racehorse.

I walked out into the hallway and the first thing I saw:

Jack.

“WOAH!” I yelled, regretting it soon after.

*What in the world was Jack doing here?*

“What are you doing here?” he asked, reading my mind. I looked around him and at my surroundings.

I was in HIS house.

“I…don’t know.”

Someone walked up the stairs. A really beautiful girl with very tan skin and long dark brown hair.

“Oh, great. You’re up.” She looked at me as she spoke.

“Thanks for noticing.” Jack said, sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes at him, but kept her focus on me.

“Um…hm…” I tried to process what was happening.

“Don’t worry, honey. Your dad called and I pretended to be Kara. He thinks you stayed with her last night…and she knows what’s up, too.”

Jack silently applauded her. “That’s my sister, back to her sneaky ways.”

“Sister?” I asked, looking in between them both.

Jack nodded, coming to stand closer to me. Only then did I realize, he was only in boxers.

“Yeah. I’m May.” She smiled brightly.

I felt my embarrassment and shame coming on. “Well, I’m sorry I’m meeting you in these circumstances, but I’m Stella.”

“Oh, I know.” Her eyes flashed to Jack. “I know you’ve got to be starving, so I’ve got a little food down there, so come eat.” She was so polite and friendly.

“Thank you, May. I will, but I actually kinda need to potty.”

She pointed as she gave me directions, “Last door on your right.”

I walked past Jack to go to the bathroom. Before I shut the door, I heard May say to him, “Put a shirt on, Jackass. No one thinks bones are sexy.”

I smiled to myself.

[Jack’s P.O.V]

I flipped May off before running into my room to throw some clothes on. I quickly put some ball shorts on and I grabbed a t-shirt off the floor. Before I had my shirt all the way on, I dashed downstairs.

May was in the kitchen, putting food on a plate.

“Stella came home with me last night?” I sat down at the counter across from May.

She smiled. “No, I gotta wait til Stella gets down to tell this story.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. My head was down as May greeted Stella.