Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Theme Song: Tipsy-J.Kwon.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

“Sit down, sweetie. I’ve got your food ready.”

Stella hopped on the stool next to me. I looked over at her and she was wearing a tank top and shorts. May must have put them on her. She looked pretty damn sexy and I honestly had to adjust myself. May slid some coffee mugs toward us.

“Thank you so much, May.”

May smiled at Stella. “Trust me. It’s no problem. I wish someone had been there for me on my hangover mornings.” May walked over to give us our plates. “I made you both omelets, sausage and toast.”

I stared at her like she was crazy. “When did you get all caring?”

“Anyway,” May ignored my statement, “you’re THE Stella Gardner.” She rested her chin in her palms.

Stella was drinking her coffee and as soon as she swallowed it, her cheeks blushed. “Umm, yeah, I am.”

Stella was shy around anyone new to her, obviously. Even my sister.

“Well, my mom tells me that little Jack here is pretty fond of you.”

I choked on some egg and Stella was bashfully smiling. I glared at May and tried to subtle shake my head.

May smiled. “Ok. So, I have to tell you both about how I found you last night.”

My ears perked up and I elbowed Stella gently. “This ought to be good.” I winked at her.

May stood up, leaning her body against the counter. “Well, I planned on coming in as a surprise, but it seems I got the surprise.” Stella sat up, chewing on her toast. “Both of you were outside on the porch. Jack, you were lying on the ground, staring up and talking to Stella. She was just standing, cracking up.”

I laughed, trying to remember it. Stella had one hand covering her forehead.

“Jack, you were saying all kinds of things. Nothing I could understand, but it made me laugh as hard as she was. Stella stumbled to the floor before I could get to her, but I got her to my room and I had to lug you to yours. To be so damn skinny, you’re heavy.”

Stella laughed at that and I stuck my tongue out at her.

“Well, thanks for everything, sis!” I said, mocking her.

“Yes. Thank you, May. I really appreciate it. But I probably need to call my mom before she thinks I’m dead.” Stella hopped back upstairs.

I made sure she was up there completely before talking. “Missed you, May. Thanks for being so sweet to her."

May was always nice to me. Well, as nice as an older sister could be to her brother. We had our battles, of course, but we still loved each other amazingly.

“You actually did a good job this time, J. She’s adorable. I agree with you.” She nodded.

I nodded back in agreement before realizing what she said.

“Wait…agree with me on what?”

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

“Yes Mom. I’m fine. I just lost track of time and decided to stay with Kara. I’ll be home soon.”

I told my mom goodbye and then I grabbed my dress that was on a hanger and trotted downstairs. May had this matter-of-fact look on her face and Jack look amused and stunned.

“Going somewhere?” Jack asked.

“Well, I’ve been her all day and I kinda have to go home eventually.”

Jack made his way over to me as I was talking. He was making a pouty puppy dog face. “You don’t HAVE to.”

I smile and shook my head. “No fair,” I breathed out quietly.

May walked out of the kitchen. “You need a ride, don’t you?”

I nodded to her. “If you don’t mind.”

Just then, the front door busted open.

“Yo! Barakat!...”

ALEX.

“Still never learned to knock?” May stood with her hands on her hips.

Alex’s eyebrows rose. “My favorite sexy sister. Hey babe!”

May rolled her eyes, but hugged Alex anyway. “How you been?”

“No, Alex. I don’t have a boyfriend yet.”

Alex grinned and pumped his fist in the air. Then he looked over at me. “Damn, I missed the slumber party.”

There was a knock at the door. Alex opened the door without looking to see who it was. Luckily, it wasn’t a stranger. It was Zack. I smiled at him.

“Hey Stella. And May!” He went over to hug her, too.

Jack grumbled. “And May steals the show again.”

I looked up at his frowny face. “Shh. They’re just excited to see her. They see you all the time.”

The guys were pretty much lunging at and flirting with May.

“My attention is ALWAYS on you.”

Jack looked down at me, smirking. “Well, knowing that make things better.”

My eyes got lost in his.

“Stella…Stella?”

I peeled my eyes away from him.

“I’m ready to go whenever you are.” May stated.

“Talk to you later.” I reached up on my tiptoes to peck Jack on the lips. “P.S.,” I
whispered before I stepped away. “I think bones are sexy.”