Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Bring Out The Best.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

We were up in my room, playing videogames.

“So, how was your night, loverboy?” Alex batted his eyes like a jackass.

“Well, I was too drunk to remember until May reminded me.”

Someone paused the game.

“Did she catch you both?” Alex asked. Zack was intensely listening.

“No. Apparently I was on the floor talking…babbling. Stella was in the doorway,
laughing. I think, she fell or passed out or something. May came and took her to bed and then she came to get me. And..somewhere in the process…” I paused to wrap my mind around what happened next. My friends waited.

“Well?” Zack pushed.

“May said that…I kept saying I loved her.”
Alex’s eyeballs almost popped out of his head. “Wait? You said that you LOVED Stella?”

I nodded. That scared the shit out of me. The only girls I ever loved were my mom and May.

“Woah,” Alex and Zack exhaled.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

May was super cool. I clicked with her as quickly as I did with Kara.

“I didn’t mean to embarrass you earlier today.” May apologized.

I waved it off. “It’s ok. It happens.”

May turned down the next street I told her to. “So, how in the hell did my brother snag an adorable girl like you?”

I giggled at that and I felt more blood rush to my cheeks. “Well,” I started, “long story short…” I took a deep breath. “I met him in class, went to a party, had a…” I thought about how to explain it. “…minor glitch in my life, cried in Jack’s arms and the rest is history.”

May looked puzzled. “Ok, maybe I need the long story.”

My mind went into a mini panic. “OH. Turn left here and I’m the first on the left.” I was so glad we were home.

“Don’t sigh, lady. I’ll get the story out of one of you later.” She smiled at me.

“Thanks for everything, May. I’m sure I’ll be seeing you around. And I don’t doubt you’ll get the scoop.”

“Bye girl.” She waved at me before I shut the door and I waved back.

My phone buzzed before I unlocked the house door.

>Thanks for hugging me today…oh wait!

It was Zack.

<I’m sorry, Zachary. You just seem preoccupied.

>Zachary? :) Well, I was excited to see May.

I got into the house before texting him back. “Hey Mom. I’m home!” I hollered.

<I know it. Forgive me? I owe you one.

>Hell yeah, you do.

I walked to my room, but saw my mom in her room, working on something.

“Hey baby.” She looked up from her computer. “How was your night?”

I sat down on her bed, smiling.

“Oh, that good, huh?” She read my mind. “Did you run into that other boy?”

I frowned at the thought. “Yeah, he was there. With his girlfriend or whatever.”

“Well, enough about that. I’ve got a surprise for you.”

I perked up. “What?!”

She smiled brightly at me. “Well, there are…a few.” I was nervous and excited. “One…” She said, fairly loud. I looked at her like she was crazy.

“Sister!”

I turned my head.

MY SISTER WAS HOME!

I squealed with excitement and ran over to hug her. “OHMYGOODNESS! What are you doing here?”

She was smiling hard, but she gave me a silly look. “Are you kidding me?! I wouldn’t miss your graduation for the world!!”

“Oh, Rose!” I hugged her tightly again. “This is the best surprise ever!!”

“Don’t forget you’ve got more.”

I bounced up and down.

“But we’ll definitely space them out so that they’re more exciting.” Rose always made me hyper and silly. I loved it. I loved her.

“That’s an OH-MAZING idea. Ohmyword. I’ve got to tell Jack and the guys…and Kara. You so so SO have to meet them all. You’ll love them and they will so love you back!”

Rose had the most surprised look on her face. “You’ve gotta tell who and who about when and what?!”

I squealed again. “Ohmywow, this is the best day EVER!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make my heart
grow
fonder.