Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Flashback: The Party. Part 1.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]
Ashton agreed to come to the party and I talked Grace into coming, too. I texted Ryan about it, too. I mean, I thought that I could have some reinforcements if the party truly sucked, like I thought it would.

We went in Ashton’s car and when we got to the house, there were cars lining the curb.

“Goshdangit! This is a legit party.” I gasped.

“Yeah, that means there’s something to drink in there.” Grace said.

“Hey. Don’t get trashed, ok? I really don’t want to carry you back to the car.” I said, jokingly.

Ashton sighed. “I don’t think this is such a good idea. Why are we doing this again?” She parked her car and we all got out.

“Because Jack Barakat invited me and I owe him.”

“Oh, is that the guy you were talking to in the hallway?” Grace asked. I nodded my head, yes. “He seemed…kinda…spastic.” She made a funny face
.
“I think he seems nice. From what you’ve told me.” Ashton said to me. “But you better stay close to us.”

I looked at her with a question on my face. “What? Why?”

“Because we don’t even know him. You just met him at 3:30 today. You don’t know WHAT he could do. You know your mom would say the same thing.”

I laughed. “I know, I know. She said that already!”

We got to the door and just walked in. I swear, it looked like a movie. People were walking around, dancing, drinking. It was loud as hell. And before I could get my head to think the thought, I saw Ryan. He was standing around with a few of his guy friends. Grace led the way over to them.

“Hey ladies,” Ryan greeted us. But he kept his eyes on me. “Thanks for the text, Stel. This party is alright.”

I smiled at him. “You’re welcome.” *He made me smile.*

He kept looking at me. “Get me a refill?” He looked at me with begging eyes. I sighed and rolled my eyes. “Really, dude?” He nodded his head. “Yes. Please?”
I took his cup. “What did you have?

He smiled at me. “Beer. Whatever they’ve got in there is fine.”

I looked at Ashton, who was talking to one of Ryan’s friends. “I’ll be right back.”
She pleaded to me, with her eyes. I smiled at her, letting her know I’d be fine. I looked at Ryan as I turned around and he winked at me. I sighed out a giggle and went a quest for the kitchen.

I had to squeeze through so many people. There was no point in trying to be polite about it, either. Pushing was the only thing to do. I finally got to the kitchen, where it was less crowded, but there were still people everywhere. I was glad to be there though, because I was starting to get a bit claustrophobic.

I walked to the cooler on the floor and opened it, grabbing a beer can. I poured it in the cup and got ready to venture back into the crazy loud, packed rooms.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]
“Wow, man. I can’t believe you even convinced her to come. I didn’t take her for much of a party girl.” Alex grinned.

I didn’t even want to know what he was thinking, but he was my best friend and I definitely knew.

“Stop thinking that, dude.” I grumbled.

Alex laughed. “Come on. We need to sound check.” He stood up and spoke into the mic. “Alright everybody! In about 10 minutes, we’ll be giving you all the show of your life!”

I stood there, tuning my guitar, but I couldn’t help wondering if Stella would be out here to hear us. The thought of her being there made me so happy, but nervous. What if she didn’t like our music? What if it fucked up? *God. I have to focus.*

“Yo, Jack. You good, man?” Zack was standing next to me. I smiled halfway at him. “Yeah, man. I’m ready to go”

“Awesome! But hey, would you mind getting me a water?” He asked.

“I got ya.” I put my guitar on the stand.

“’preciate ya.” Zack hollered. I started to walk off stage.

“5 minutes, bro.” Alex said, as I jumped down.

I ran through the crowd gathering outside and stepped inside the living room. There were tons of people there. It made my adrenaline rush, but I was still looking for Stella. As I walked around people, I spotted her. She was standing around 2 other girls and 3 guys. She was handing one guy, with a ball cap on his head, a cup. *Fuck! Was that her boyfriend?* My heart sunk a bit as I walked to the kitchen to grab myself and Zack water bottles. I decided to stop by on the way back outside, just to say hey to Stella.

I walked up to the group she was standing with and a few of the people leaning against the wall glanced at me.

“Hey Stella!” I said, happily.

She turned around and smiled that beautiful smile at me. “Oh, hey Jack.” She
squealed. “How are you?”

“I’m great. Really glad you came. You having fun?”

“You know it.” She looked at her friends, who were just standing there. She lightly slapped her face. “Oh man. I’m a jerk. Let me introduce you to my friends.”
She turned to the girl standing to the right of her. “This is Ashton. The girl that was waiting on me this afternoon.” Ashton smiled at me. Then Stella turned to the left. “And this is Grace. You saw her today, in the hall.” I smiled at Grace and she smirked back at me. There was just something about her I didn’t like at all.

“And this awesome guys are,” she started with the guy standing behind Ashton. “Joe, Ryan and Jake.” I smiled and nodded at them all.

Stella looked back at me. I saw Ryan and Grace exchange a glance, but I didn’t know what it meant.

“Thanks for introducing me to them, Stel. But I gotta run to the stage.”

“Oh, we’re right behind you.” She started walking behind me as I walked outside.

I ran to the stage and when I got up there, I saw that just Ashton and Jake were with her. I put my guitar strap around my neck and got ready to play for the crowd. But more so, for Stella.