Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Say Goodnight.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I’d stayed in my room all day and hadn’t talked to Jack at all. I grabbed my phone and started to text him.

<This stupid room is too pink.

He texted back, promptly.

>I know. I miss it.

<I miss you.

My skinny thumbs shook as I sent that text. He called me a few seconds after I sent it.

“Baby, you can’t text me that.”

I giggled. “Why?”

“Because I’m gonna have to come after you.” He said, seductively.

“I miss you soooooo bad,” I whined.

“Stop that, Gardner.”

“I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. But I’m not excited to see everyone else.” I brought my hand to my still tender cheer.

“I would get my skinny ass beat up for you. No one will say a word to you.”

I believed him when he said that. I lay down on my bed, cuddling up to my pillow. “I would hide behind you, but you’re just as skinny as me.” I teased him.

“Aww, I don’t wanna hear that. This body is not only irresistible, but bullet and punch-proof. Don’t hate. Appreciate.”

I giggled into my pillow and I heard him laughing along.

“I’m gonna let you go. You need rest,” he added after a minute.

“And you don’t?”

“Hellllloooooo. I’m a superhero. I don’t sleep. I’m busy protecting you, didn’t you know?” He responded, matter of factly.

“Oh yeah?” I rolled onto my back. “That makes me feel safe.”

“Go ahead to sleep, Stel. I’ll feel you up…I mean, see you tomorrow.”

I cracked up at his silliness.

“Goodnight, Jackery.”

“Night, Gazelle.”