Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

***ing Wasted.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I tossed my hair up in a ponytail, slid some flip flops on and walked down the hallway.

Rose was in the kitchen. “Going somewhere?” She asked.

“Umm, yeahh. I kinda need to pick Alex up.” She looked at me, curiously. “He’s drunk and can’t find his car.” I said, sarcastically, quoting him.

“Oh dear. Be careful.”

“Just cover for me if something comes up?” I almost pleaded.

Rose shifted her weight to her other leg, jutting her hip out. “It’s like 2am. They should be out of the night…but if something happens, I will.”

“Thank you, thank you!” I rushed over, kissing her cheek before walking to the den. I grabbed my billfold and keys, unlocking the front door. I pulled our wood door shut quietly, locking it before moving toward my car.

“Ok. Adam Wallace…god!” I spoke out loud to myself. Adam’s house was out east from me. I sighed, starting the car and my journey.

When I got to the neighborhood that I thought was Adam’s, I drove around. I didn’t see any cars, but I crept down the roads until I spotted a bunch. I parked in front on a pack of cars, getting out of my car in a black tank top and blue striped pajama pants.

*I look a hot mess. Now, I have to go in hear and find this boy. Dammit.*

My flip flops flopped against the concrete as I walked up to Adam’s house. In the front yard, there were a couple people outside. They looked at me as I walked inside the house. I rolled my eyes, feeling their stares.

The inside of the house was packed with people. Cigarette smoke and loud rock filled the air.

*I so was not in the mood for this.*

I looked through the front room, not seeing anyone resembling Alex, so I continued down the hallway.

“Cute PJs, Stella.” Someone said. I just sighed out my anger and frustration and kept walking.

I walked past the kitchen, standing at the doorway, looking inside. He wasn’t in there. After that, I went to the back room. It was a huge room and people were dancing and talking. I started pushing through people that we’re standing in my way. I spotted Alex standing against the wall, with a cup in his hand, laughing with some guy.

I stormed over to him. “Alex…oh!” I took the cup out of his hand as his head lolled over to see what was happening.

“Stellar Stella!” He yelled.

I covered the left side of my face with my hand. He was worse than I thought.
“Stella, dance with me!” He started to shake his hips, raising his arms above his head. His brain apparently didn’t send the message to his legs. He stumbled back against the wall, sliding down it, cracking up.

“Ohmygod!” I squealed as he fell. “Alex…” I bent down, taking his hand. “You gotta get up, ok?”

“Yep, ok!” He said, not moving. His eyelids started to fall.

*Oh no! You are not about to pass out on me.*

“No, no, no! Alex!” I patted his cheek. “You gotta stay awake until we get to my car.”

“You’re gonna take me home?” He asked, his eyes all glazy.

“Uh huh.” I smiled at him. “Now, can you stand up?”

He nodded, pushing himself off the floor, using the wall as a boost.

“Awesome. Alright. Now…” I put his arm over my shoulder. “Walk with me to the car.”

“My car? It just disappeared. Poof!” Alex said, in a high, silly toned voice.

I couldn’t help smiling. He was a sloppy mess. “Walk with me.”

I started walking away from the wall and he started with me. He was so heavy and he kept running into me because he couldn’t walk straight. I groaned.

*This is gonna take forever.*

“Hey Stella. Do you need help?”

I raised my neck up from the weight of Alex’s arm.

“Davvvidd!” Alex sang. “Heyy Davvvid.”

I also greeted him. “Yeah. I need to get him to my car.”

“Oh, well, let me help you.” David stood on the right of Alex. “Hey man. I’m gonna help you get to Stella’s car.”

“Where is Stella?” Alex asked, sounding panicked.

“I’m right here.” I said, to the side of him.

*An effing wreck*

I went ahead of David as he let Alex lean on him. “I can pull the car up.”

“That would probably be a good idea.”

I ran outside the house, to my car, starting it and pulling it as close to the curb as I could. David was halfway down the walkway with Alex.

I hopped out of the car, opening the passenger side door. David got him down the walkway and helped him get in the car. He buckled Alex’s seat belt for him and then closed the door.

“Thank you so much, David. You helped a lot.”

“No problem.” He walked back toward the house and I walked to the other side of the car, hopping in.

Alex’s head was against the window. He was way past gone.

I started driving down the neighborhood roads, about the get on the interstate. I heard Alex’s grumble. I looked over at him and he started to cough.

“Oh, god. Hold on.” I knew he was about to puke. I pulled over to the side of the road, unbuckling his seat belt. He found the door handle and pushed the door open, just in time to empty his guts.

*Poor thing.*

When he was finished puking everywhere, he slowly slid back into the car. “Augh.” He groaned, looking over at me. “I’m sorry, Stellar.”

“It’s ok. Don’t worry about it. You’ll feel better when you get home.”

“Home? My home? Noo.” His head lolled toward the window. “I can’t go home.”

I looked at him, my eyes wide. “What?"

"Not like this. I can't go home."