This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

I hope this is the last time, 'cause I'd never say no to you

I had class the following day -Valentine's Day- and spent the entire cold morning and afternoon shuffling to 2 classes and then to the bookstore to buy a couple of books I had on reserve. I bought one for a class and two for Pete; a copy of Catcher In The Rye and A Farewell to Arms. He hadn't gotten around to reading either, and I wanted him to.

I wrapped them up in my car along the way home, and then I got him some food. I got back home to find him lying on the couch where I had left him, only he was awake and watching TV. He looked over at me, "Hey Sugar."

I shut the door, "I knew I'd find you right where I left you." I joked, "You're like my little toy."

He chuckled, "C'mere."

I went over, setting my books on the coffee table, along with his gift. He pulled me into his lap and lay me beside him, "I got you something, Petey."

He laughed softly, "Why?"

"'Cuz it's Valentine's Day."

"Yeah, but you didn't have to get me anything. Hell, you're carryin' my kid. I didn't even get you anything good."

I sat up, "We'll see about that."

Pete got up, scooting to sit right beside me; I handed him his gift and watched him set it in his lap and rip the plain paper off. He smiled, "Shit, Naomi. Thanks."

"Maybe you won't be so bored when you got down time in LA or when you go on the next tour."

He leaned over an kissed me on the cheek, "Thanks, again. But, I think my gift tops yours."

I cocked a brow, "Ya think so? Hit me with it."

He nodded, "Alright, shut your eyes."

I hummed and shut my eyes for him. I listened to him move around, shifting on his ass and then tying a silk scarf around my head, covering my eyes. "Hey, what's this about?"

"Just relax, Navy," he stood and then took my hand, "I'm gonna take you to your surprise. You're gonna love this."

"We'll see."

"Keep close." He answered and held my hand, "I stayed good all day to drive you to your surprise."

"Gimme a hint?"

Pete put his arm around my waist and led me out the apartment, shutting and locking the door behind us, "Can't, just know you're gonna love me 10 times over."

"Ha-ha, I'm so sure."

"You will." He murmured against my ear.

I smiled, "Okay, fine."

"Trust me?"

"I trust you."

Pete led me to the car and helped me in; he got around to the other side and started to drive. My stomach grew queasy, so I placed my hand on my belly; it wasn't a second before I felt Pete's hand move under mine and rubbed at it gently. Immediately, my stomach settled, must've been Baby Wentz relaxing over the fact their daddy was there.

"Thanks." I murmured.

His hand retracted smoothly, almost unnoticeable, "I saw the face you made. Feel better?"

"Yeah. Baby knows you."

He let out a small laugh, "You think so?"

"Well, they relaxed when you touched them, so I know so."

He grew silent, but his hand returned to my belly, rubbing it again. I really wished I could've taken the scarf off and seen his expression. I put my hand on his, following his movement.

The rest of the ride was quiet; we stopped about 5 minutes later, rolling up what felt like a driveway. Pete got out first, came around my side and helped me out; "Just follow me, careful of ya steps."

I did as Pete said, letting him lead me. We walked up some steps, then pass a threshold and down a narrow hall, and passed another threshold; "Alright, you ready?"

"Yes." I breathed.

Pete untied the scarf and then told me to open my eyes. I was faced with a white crib first; I scanned my eyes and saw a wooden rocking chair, a changing table, and a large teddy bear in a corner. I looked back at the crib, seeing it was fitted and ready to cradle a baby; "What's all this?" I had to ask.

"It's a nursery."

I spun around to look at him, "Yeah, I see that, but for who?"

Pete laughed, "Navy, you're acting like a space cadet. This nursery is for the baby...Baby Wentz."

I felt tears prickle my eyes, my hand cupped my mouth and looked around again. I let the tears form and fall, "Holy shit."

"You like it, huh?"

I nodded slowly, "Yes! Y-yeah. Who did all this?"

"My mom, my dad. Your dad got us the house."

I stood shocked and stunned; I didn't even think about the house we were in. "Holy shit." I sputtered once more.

"I got some money, for the album, and I've been savin' up, too. I wanted to surprise you, we can't live in that tiny apartment anymore, not with the kid comin'."

I bit my lip, "I can't believe this, Peter."

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed the side of my neck, "Believe it, it's real."

I exhaled, "This is definitely better than 2 books."

He huffed a small laugh against my ear, "This tops any gift."

"Sure does."

"Want to see the rest?"

"Heck yeah."

Pete let me go and took my hand, beginning to lead me around the house. It was small, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms; the living room was quite big for how small the house was. The kitchen was insanely modern, something I hadn't seen before.

The house was crazily amazing.

"We can move our stuff in, which I'll do tonight and tomorrow before I leave."

My stomach dropped when Pete had reminded me he was leaving. I suddenly hated the thought of him leaving; I was happy with the idea of us being together in our new home. The feeling was something I wasn't expecting at all; a moment of me hating his profession.

I really wanted to say "fuck the band and stay with me", but I couldn't.

"Navy?" Pete said, bringing me back to reality. "Are you alright?"

I shook my head, "Huh? Yeah, yeah."

"You were lost again, baby," he pecked my lips, "What's up?"

"Sorry, I was..." I shook my head again, "Ugh, fuck, I hate that you're gonna leave again."

Pete pulled me into a hug, "I'll be back soon, ya'know."

"I hate you." I kidded this in a sad tone against his shoulder.

He rubbed my back, laughing softly, "I love you."

I wrapped my arms tightly around him, "I don't know what I would do without you, Peter."

He exhaled, "Yeah, I wouldn't either."

•••

We got all of our stuff in our apartment moved into the house in less than 14 hours. Pete and I spent the night there, having fell asleep at 4 am from excitement and rearranging our place. We got everything just the way we wanted it, and fell asleep with the weight off of our shoulders.

In the afternoon, Pete got a call from his management, reminding him to get on the plane at 1. It was barely 11, and already I was bummed out. Pete rolled me onto his chest, looking up at me, "Don't be upset."

"I can't help it." I mumbled.

"You'll have to, Navy." He kissed the tip of my nose.

I rested my cheek against his bare chest; I shut my eyes and listened to his heart beat softly beneath skin. I already missed him and he hadn't even gotten up to get ready. Pete ran his hands up and down my back and then kissed the top of my head; "I love you."

"Yeah, I know." I mumbled unsatisfied.

Pete's hands wondered down my my back to my bottom and pulled me up. I squeaked and looked at him, "What're you doing?"

Pete hushed me up with a kiss, not answering. Well, I got my answer as he began to yank my pajama bottoms down my hips to my legs. I shut my eyes over, kissing him softly, our mouths moving in unison.

Minutes passed and we were both naked and deep under the hot sheets. Pete crawled on top of me now, propping up on his elbows; my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck. My mouth moved to his neck as he so easily and excitedly entered me without any notion. I sighed against his neck, bucking my hips to meet his.

Pete sucked on my neck and would whisper softly in my ear between thrusts and sucks. I only held him, not thinking of anything other than not wanting to let him go. I started to cry, my fingers tugging his hair, begging Pete not to stop or leave; "Don't go, please." I panted.

Pete kissed my lips sloppily, "I won't. I'll never leave you."

His words rang in my ears, even after we were spent and lying in bed. I could only stare at the ceiling and listen to his words circle in my head. I snuggled up to him and laid there for awhile, wanting to keep these few moments for myself.


I began to drove Pete to the airport a little less than an hour later; along the way, as usual, I was stopped at a red light, when we heard this guy yelling to our right. I had looked over and saw a man yelling and kicking at this little bulldog puppy. I gasped, "Someone needs to--"

I was cut off by Pete jumping out my car and running over. The entire moment was surreal; I watched in shock as Pete approached the man and hit him in the gut and then snatch the puppy up.

"Pete, what the fuck are you doing?!" I screamed.

A car honked behind me and I drove up towards the curb and parked. Pete got back into my car with the puppy, "Go, Naomi." He ordered.

I didn't falter or question him, I drove off. "Do I go to a shelter? A vet?"

"The vet office, near my mom's job."

"You'll be late for your plane."

"I don't care, just go. We gotta get this little guy some help."

I did exactly what Pete said and headed to the Chicago Humane Shelter. The poor little pup whimpered and shook; he even pissed himself on Pete, but Pete didn't move him. That made me admire Pete's dedication to rescuing the little pup.

We got out of the car and into the shelter quickly, and were met with an empty room. There was a woman at the counter, the sounds and smells of animal were overwhelming; it was almost unbearable. Pete went to the counter, cradling the puppy, "Hey, we found this little bulldog on the side of the road...this freak was kicking him."

The woman shot up, "Where?"

"On Forrest Road," Pete explained, "He's in pretty bad shape. He kinda peed on me."

The woman came around and took the shaking pup from him; "Does he have a collar?"

"No," I answered, "This guy was beating him up!"

"Do you know if he was the owner?"

"Nah, we don't, but I doubt it. He's only a few weeks old." Pete answered.

"We'll check him out, have a seat." The woman said, taking the puppy in the back quickly.

Pete and I stood for a moment before sitting in the chairs across from the desk. He grumbled, "That guy should be fuckin' shot."

I looked over at him, "That was pretty courageous of you."

"I had to do it." He spoke simply.

"Do you want me to take you home to change?"

He looked down at himself, "After we see if the dog is okay."

It took 15 minutes before the woman came back; she didn't look too happy; she had a frown and was looking as if she was going to cry. Pete and I stood; he went up to her, "How's the puppy?"

The woman grimaced slightly, "He's very weak, he's only 7 weeks old; he's a little scared, and has a sprained hind leg; we'll watch him for awhile, hopefully one of the other shelters can take him."

"What's wrong with this one?" I asked.

"We're full, most of us are full. It's troubling that we're over the limit and putting down the really sick ones."

"What then?" Pete answered.

"Uh...well, I'll have to call and get him to a shelter somewhere in another town."

Pete looked at me, "Naomi...we can't leave him here."

My brows shot up, "Pete, I can't take care of a dog on my own, let alone a sick puppy."

"He's not sick," the woman input, "He's a little limp and needs food. He needs love."

I felt like I was being sucked in, "Really?"

"Yes."

I looked at Pete, "A puppy? We're having a baby."

"We won't keep him forever--"

"I'll be taking care of him." I stated.

"I'll pay you back, Navy, you know that."

I sighed and shut my eyes, "Goddammit."

"You can say no if you want." Pete said.

"I'll feel bad." I muttered. "Shit."

"He doesn't have a chip and the adoption is very cheap; I gave him shots and he's all ready to be loved." She smiled broadly at me.

I sighed, "F...fine. Fine. Okay, we'll keep the dog."

Pete grinned at me, making sure not to hug me, "Thanks, babe."

I shrugged, "I'm a sucker for helpless animals." I smirked at him.

Pete laughed, "You'll love him just as much as you love me."

I rolled my eyes, "Sure, I will."
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update because I'll be busy all day tomorrow and be too tired to update -probably, but I doubt it, I'm addicted. Anyway, tell me what you think; I love the feedback.
Still unsure about what to do with the baby.

(PS, did this need a star in the description? It's not particularly dirty, but hey, they still did it)