This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

Am I more than you bargained for yet?

I talked with Vincent for a few hours as Pete watched over Lewy. It was nice talking to Vin, because he was someone new and he didn't know me. I told him a little about Babette, about Kate and my "job". He seemed a little surprised that I modeled, which made me laugh; "I hate it." I had told him as I grabbed another soda.

"Why? Isn't it easy?"

"Yeah, but I hate putting on the makeup and changing every hour. It'll all be over in November."

When he had to go perform, I returned to get Lewis and check on Hemy. Pete wasn't at the tent, but Andy was and he was holding Lewy, who was deep asleep. I smiled and knelt beside them on the grass; "When did he go to sleep?"

"About 20 minutes ago." Andy answered, "Pete left me with him about an hour ago."

I frowned, "I'm sorry, Andy. Why didn't you come get me?"

"I didn't want to bother you," he handed Lewy off to me, "Besides I didn't have shit to do. I like watching him."

I smiled at him, "Thank you, so much. I'm gonna wait for Pete and then I'm gonna go."

Andy gave me a hug, "Don't leave without saying bye first, alright?"

I nodded, "Alright."

He left a second later, leaving me with a napping Joe. I laughed and sat beside him; he stirred when he heard me giggle. His eyes fluttered open, "Naomi?"

"Hello Joe."

He hummed and then rested his head on my shoulder. I shook my head, but sat comfortably with he and Lewy. Not too longer later, Pete came back with Hemingway, and Dirty; "You're back?"

"Yeah, I'm going to leave soon."

He just looked at me, "Bye."

I rolled my eyes, "Do you want to say bye to Lewis?"

"Already did," he muttered before tossing Hemingway's leash at me.

I bit my tongue; I tapped Joe's arm, "Hey, Joe, I gotta go now. Wakey, wakey."

He groaned, "Comfortable." He mumbled.

I pecked his forehead, "I'll let you nap on me later, okay?"

He sighed, but moved; I got up and petted his head. I place Lewy in his stroller, completely ignoring the looks Pete was giving me; he tried to be discrete. I began to fix Lewy comfortably in his stroller; I was going to stop off and buy a shirt from The Starting Line and then go. I grabbed Hemy's leash and started off, but was stopped when I saw Vin hurry towards me, "Naomi," he panted, "Andy told me you were getting ready to leave."

I nodded, "Yeah, I was just gonna go buy another shirt."

He grabbed my hand quickly and a pulled out a black marker pen, "This is my number. Call me."

My brows shot up, "What?"

He smiled, "We're friends now, aren't we?"

I nodded dumbly, "Yes."

"Then call me." He winked and then took off again.

I couldn't hold back the smile creeping across my face. I swallowed and continued on, not looking back. I made my way through the people and grinned when I saw Bill and Adam Siska taking pictures with some fans.

I couldn't help but to laughed to myself and wait in the small line to meet them. Once I was up front, Bill looked up, but hadn't recognized me right away. Adam, he hadn't known me very long, but he recognized me, "Holy crap! Hey Naomi!"

"Hey Sisky."

Bill smiled, "I almost didn't recognize you! Give me a hug!"

I was immediately in a three way hug with Bill and Sisky. We parted and they looked me over; "Wow, you got small fast." Sisky admired.

"Thanks?" I wasn't sure how to take that.

Bill shook his head, "Where's the little dude? Pete walked by earlier, but I wasn't able to catch him."

I pushed the stroller over under the tent, to the shade, and then I carefully took Lewy from his stroller, "This is Lewis." I showed them. "He fell asleep not too long ago."

Sisky cooed at him, "Hi Pete Jr."

I laughed, "Wanna hold him?"

Sisky threw up his hands, "I'll drop him."

Bill offered and slowly took him into his arms. He smiled, "Aw, he's cute. He looks like you."

"I know you're just sayin' that, Bilvy."

He gave me a funny smile, "You know me so well."

"Did you guys perform yet?"

Sisky nodded, "Yep. We're about to go check out other stages. You wanna come with?"

"No, I've gotta get going. I should give Lewy a bath, he must be hot."

Bill handed him back to me, "I'll call you then, Naomi."

He gave me another hug, "For sure. We can meet up when you guys have a break or something."

He made a face, "Hopefully."

I shot him a wide smile, "Fingers crossed."

I set Lewy back in his stroller and said goodbye to Sisky and Bill before heading off once again.

Today had actually been a good day.

•••

Pete didn't call me for the longest time. I talked to Vin more than I talked to Pete in the matter of a month. He was a nice guy and he let me vent about the stupid shoots; and about Pete. I hadn't told him that Pete was basically giving me the silent treatment, only my history of our relationship. Vin listened and he was kind enough to give me advice.

When school had rolled around, I was back to shuffling between my parents' and school. I had gone to a few shoots, and I was finally going to debut in the lingerie line. Despite the fact that I had no big qualms over it, I was nervous as fuck.

I was reluctant to drop Lewy off with Amy; I lingered in the house deliberately, tending to him. Amy had shooed me, "You act like you're on your way to an execution."

I bit at my lip; both she and my dad knew about where and what I would be doing and didn't seem too upset, nor pleased, with the idea. I fiddled with Lewy's bib in my hand; "Okay, okay. I'm going now." I kissed Lewy's cheek as he tried to reach for his feet, "I love you, bubba."

I cracked my knuckles as I left; I was overreacting...

When I got to the shoot, there were other girls around, who were a lot taller than me. In fact, I was the shortest, but it didn't matter, because I would be standing against a colored wall, or sitting on the floor.

The entire shoot took about 3 hours, and then I was able to leave. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I went to my parents; I had parked up front and saw a brand new car in the drive way. I hiked up my bag, looked at it a moment, and then went up the porch.

I went inside, "Hey, whose new ride is that outside?" I asked aloud.

There was silence, and then I heard my dad say, "There she is now."

I went in, wondering who it could be; I shoved my keys into my sweat pockets, making my way to the living room. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw my mom there on the couch with Lewy in her lap.

She waved her red manicured fingers at me, "Hi, honey."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just because I didn't really like the last chapter.
I'm trying to cram more Pete in here, so bear with me guys, thanks :)