This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

The road outside my house is paved with good intentions

Leaving my sister alone hasn't set well with me. Her friend's mom was happy having Vita stay over, and Pete was all to happy about it. For Halloween, she had gone, and I went to my parents to get Lewy dressed; Pete and I would be taking Lewy and Abbey out trick-r-treating.

Pete had gone over to his folks so he could get dressed; I had picked up Lewy's costume and was putting him in it. He looked excited to be dressed up in a warm costume. I had picked him to go as a monster, so he would be in a costume and be warm in the cold air. Abbey was going as a bumble bee and was a little upset that I wasn't dressing up. She had come into my room with a pout while I was dressing Lewy and demanded to know why I wasn't dressing up.

"I didn't get a costume in time, Abbs."

"Wear makeup!" She suggested happily.

I humored her, "Okay, what kind?"

She grinned, "War paint!"

"Alright, let me get Lewis dressed then I'll put on war paint for ya."

She skipped away happily and I finished dressing Lewy. He was fascinated with his outfit, he was sucking on the material on his hand. I put him in his walker and went to put on war paint for Abbey; I just smeared some black around my eyes and then lines across my cheeks.

"Better!" She announced once she saw me. "Peter's here."

"Tell him I'm coming."

Abbey left the room; I picked up Lewy. gave him a pacifier and then carried him out to the living room. Pete was there, dressed up as a vampire, giving me a funny look; "What're you suppose to be?"

"I don't know, ask Abbey." I answered him, placing Lewy on my hip.

"Army lady," Abbey told him. "I'm ready for candy!"

I shook my head at her spontaneous attitude. My dad came in, picking her up, "How long will you guys be out?"

"Until 8 or 9." I said, "Maybe earlier."

"Did you call your sister?"

"Yeah, she's out right now. She said she'd call me when she got in."

My dad looked at Pete and then at me, "What time are you leavin'?"

"Plane leaves at 8:30 in the morning. You're okay with me going, right?"

I had told my dad I was going to Pete to Vegas; he was okay with it, and the Wentzs would watch Lewy for the 4 days I would be gone. I got a voucher for school, making up my classes when I would return. I had everything planned, still I wasn't sure if my dad was okay with me going.

"Yeah," he smiled, but you could tell he was forcing it. "You guys should get to trick-r-treating before it starts to get really dark out there."

I tried to smile at him again, but my dad just set Abbey down, and got the stroller for me. I set Lewy in it and soon we were off; Pete held Abbey's hand and I pushed Lewy; "Your dad still hates me." Pete chuckled.

"Of course he does." I mumbled.

"I'm sure he's gonna hate me forever."

I coursed my hair back, "I just wish he would just lay off a little."

Tell my dad that I was with Pete again was probably another reason to have him annoyed with me. My dad will forever hate Pete, and everyone knows it, but geez, it's getting old. I don't want him to hate Pete, I knew from the beginning that he wouldn't like him, but he could at least try and like him. Well, I'm not my dad's mother, I can't make him like Pete...at least he's civil.

"They're having a costume party, you need to get a costume." Pete said as we made it to the first house.

"Why?" I whined playfully.

Pete chuckled, "I'm going like this, you just need to find a good costume."

Abbey and two other kids knocked on the door and got candy; Lewy didn't seem all that phased, but Pete got the candy for him. Lewy just liked to keep that little sleeve in his mouth. We walked on to the next house, still discussing what I would wear, "I don't wanna wear a costume."

"For me?" Pete batted his eyelashes at me.

I sighed, "Fine. But, I don't know what the hell I'm gonna wear."

The rest of the night we continued on to houses until 8; Abbey was already tired and her bucket was full of candy, so was Lewy's. We dropped Abbey off and then went back to my house so I could get Lewy ready to drop him off at my parents before we left for the airport in the morning. Pete played with Lewy until he fell asleep; he then came into the bedroom where I was still packing my things.

Pete set Lewy in his crib and then plopped on the bed, "What're you doing?" He asked childishly.

"What does it looooook like?" I sang childishly back at him with a laugh.

He smiled and laid back, "Have you figured out what ya gonna wear?"

I shook my head and zipped my bag, "Nope."

"You got a black dress?"

"Of course." I smiled at him, "Why?"

"Be some sexy woman character." He chuckled.

"Hmm, I'll think about it." I set my bag on the floor and then I went to the bathroom to wash my face.

As I did so, Pete came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I stalled a moment, "I have soap on my face."

"So?"

I continued to wash my face, hurrying so he wouldn't do anything. I wasn't fast enough, though, he slipped his hand into the front of my jeans, and I stopped. This move made me think of Seth; "Pete, stop it."

He too stalled, and then he pulled his hand away, "I'm sorry, I forgot, Navy."

I rinsed my face, keeping my shut; Pete gave me a towel and I wiped my face dry. I looked at him, "It's okay."

He sighed deeply, "You okay?"

I nodded, "I am. It's stupid...shouldn't bother me anymore."

Pete didn't say anything, he just pulled me into a hug; I laughed softly, wrapping my arms around his neck. I kissed the side of his cheek as he spoke, "I wish I could take that part away from you."

"It doesn't bother me everyday," I murmured, "Only on some occasions."

His arms tightened around my waist and he kept his face against my neck. Pete's breathing hit my neck, he didn't speak, he just held me and I wasn't sure what for. I wasn't complaining, I was okay with it, I welcomed it; the feeling was amazing, I felt loved.

Pete inhaled deeply, "I'm sorry, Navy."

"You have nothing to be sorry about." I told him softly.

"I know, but I want to say it." He let out a small sigh again.

I kissed his cheek again -the two of us repeating our actions- "Thank you."

Pete let me go, rather reluctantly, and then he took my hand, leading me to the bedroom. We got rid of our clothes, put on pajamas and then got in the bed. I curled up beside him, wrapping my arms around his middle.

I was lulled to sleep by the sound of his heart pumping beneath my ear.


I kissed Lewy multiple times before we had left. He had given me a funny look, yawned and had gone back to sleep. Pete and I left and were on a plane by 9.

I held Pete's hand throughout the flight, scared of the turbulence. He was afraid of flying, but he had numbed himself with meds, letting me cling to him. He had kissed my hand and kept reassuring me I would be okay. Lewy was on my mind constantly, throughout the flight. Dying was second and I couldn't beg enough to the heavens to let me live.

Once the plane had landed and we were safely in Las Vegas, it took a lot for me not to kiss the ground. Pete seemed out of it; he didn't say much when their driver had picked us up and drove us to the hotel, and he didn't say anything when we got to the room.

I was almost afraid to ask him what was wrong; Pete's both unpredictable and predictable; he could've yelled or ignored me. I chose not to ask what was wrong; I decided to call home to see how Lewy was; I sat on the bed, legs folded, watching Pete shift around the room, on his phone too.

"Hey, Naomi. Get in safe?" My dad spoke, breaking my stare on Pete's movements.

"Yes, we're just fine. How's Lewis?"

"He misses you," my dad informed me, "He cried for a little while, but he's okay now. Dale's coming to get him tonight."

I frowned slightly, "Poor baby boy. I miss him too."

"He knows you'll be back." My dad hummed, "You just have fun, don't worry about anything."

"I can't help it, ya'know, I love Lewis so much."

"He's in good hands, Naomi, no need to worry."

I exhaled softly, "Thank you, dad. I appreciate it so much."

"No problem, kiddo. Have fun."

"I'll try."

I hung up with my dad, and then Pete came back in, towards me and the bed. He looked at me, head tilting; I was confused as to why he was just looking at me. I swallowed, looking down, "Lewy is okay."

He sat down next to me, "Yeah?"

"He cried when we left."

Pete had a cigarette that he swiped from the pack in his lap. It never seemed like his thing to smoke, but even so, I couldn't ever imagine him not smoking. Pete lit up a cigarette and kept his eyes forward; "I miss him." He murmured as he expelled smoke.

"Me too."

"The guys are coming in tonight. Patrick's bringing his wife in a few hours...Junie."

I hummed, "What about the guys from Panic?"

"They're all at home," he chuckled, obviously about something to himself, "They're kids, ya'know, they're sleeping in late."

"Which one was the one harassing you online?"

Pete smirked to himself, "The tall skinny one. Name's Ryan."

"Okay. How old are they?"

"Ryan's 19, Spencer, Brendon and Brent are 18."

"They're like babies!" I joked.

Pete nodded, inhaling his cigarette, "You'll get a kick outta them."

"I can't wait," I said with a small laugh. "So, should I figure out what I'm gonna wear tonight?"

He raised a brow, smirking at me this time, "I think you'll need a wig."


We met with the guys before the party, and I met Patrick's wife Juniper. She was quiet, looking a little upset; I had smiled at her, "Hey."

She turned her attention towards me, "Hi. You're Naomi, right? I think we've met."

I hummed and sat beside her; we all met up in the lobby of the hotel, ready to head out shopping; "Yeah. I wasn't at your wedding, though. Pete and I hadn't been together then."

"Oh, sorry about that. If we had known each other better, I totally would've invited you."

"It's okay." I waved it off, "So, you're a photographer?"

"Yeah. It's not as glamorous as you think." She was shying away.

"I was a model. It isn't either." I laughed.

She smiled, being polite; I thought I was bothering her. "You guys have a son." She said this absentmindedly.

"Uh-huh, Lewis. He's 5 months old."

Juniper seemed to shut down and didn't really speak. It was quiet after awhile; Pete and Patrick showed up and we went separate ways. As we went off and caught a cab to a costume shop, I thought about how much Juniper reminded me of Pete.

"I think I see why Patrick loves her so much," I reflected softly, "She's kinda like you."

Pete wasn't listening, "What?"

I shook my head, "Nothing."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure which story will be updated first and reveal what happens so...we'll see
:)