This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

I keep tellin' myself I'm not the desperate type, but you've got me lookin' through blinds

Mrs. Wentz doted over Lewy as soon as he was home. Lewy was back to himself; giggling and smiling as he held. Mrs. Wentz held and fed him throughout the evening. I watched them, making sure he was alright, though he'd always be alright in her care, I was afraid he'd get sick or something. But, Lewy was perfectly fine; I spent the rest of the time talking with Andrew and eating the cupcakes that Hilary had made.

At 5:30, Pete called me; I had been changing Lewy; "Did you land?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna get a drink and wait for you. Are you sure you wanna pick me up?"

"Yep."

"It's raining." He added.

I hummed, "I know, I'll be careful."

"Alright. I'm gonna get a coffee. Call me when you're here, I'll meet you outside."

"Okay. Can you get me one? I want hot chocolate."

"For sure." He chuckled.

"I'll see you soon."

I hung up with Pete and began to dress Lewy warmly; "Guess who's coming to see you, Lewis."

He just sucked in his pacifier.

"Your daddy is coming," I kissed his face, "He missed you so, so, sooo much!"

Lewy smiled now; his lips turning up behind his binkie. I picked him up and carried him to the living room to tell everyone I was taking him to pick up Pete.

"Are you sure?" Mrs. Wentz looked a little worried, "It's raining."

"Yeah, I'm sure. I'll be careful."

She sighed softly, "Okay. Is Lewis dressed warmly?"

I nodded, letting her check him over. I never took offense, because Mrs. Wentz was always worried about Lewy; if she hadn't of been, we wouldn't have known he was sick. After she checked him over, she let me leave; "We'll be fine, don't worry."

She had smiled and kissed my cheek, "Tell Pete I want his butt here when you get back. No detours."

"You got it." I told her with a smile.

I left with Lewy, strapping him in; the rain had let up by the time I got on the freeway. The roads were clear; I had parked in the parking lot of the airport and called Pete up. He was already on his way out when I had called; "I had a feeling." He said.

"Hurry your ass up, your mom is dying to see you."

He laughed, "I'm comin'."

I hung up with him and leaned over the seat to check in on Lewy; he was playing with his rattling teddy bear. He shook it, making it rattle and sing, light up yellow and blue as it did so. He was concentrated on it; finally Pete had climbed in, in the back; "Hey, Navy. I got your hot chocolate."

I took the cup as he handed it to me and thanked him; "Look who's here," I said to Lewy as I set the cup in the front cup holder.

He had looked over at Pete and then dropped the bear. Pete grinned, "Hey, Lew! I missed you."

Lewy smiled, his binkie falling from his mouth, and reached for Pete. Pete scooted closer, setting his backpack on the floor and kissed his forehead, "You missed me too, huh? I'm so happy you're better, bud; now we can play."

Lewy grabbed onto Pete's hand and held it tight in his grip. I smiled and sat forward and turned the car on. I pulled out of the space, listening to Pete talk to Lewy as I drove; he was mostly telling him his dumb jokes that made no one but them laugh; Lewy laughed because Pete did. The laughter was music to my ears. The two of them together is better than anything I could ask for.


Pete was asleep on the couch with Lewy, while I let Hemingway on from outside. He trudged in, heading to his food bowl, slurping up water. I locked the back door, and went to put away the cupcakes and food Pete had brought from his parents'.

I turned out the lights and returned to the living to take Lewy to his crib and get Pete up. He was already up, just a bit, yawning softly; "Gotta take Lew to his crib." I told Pete.

He hummed softly, "I got it."

I stepped back and watched him get up, cradling Lewy; I followed him to the bedroom; Pete set Lewy in his crib and then watched him for a minute. I didn't interrupt; I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Upon doing so, Pete had come in, doing the same; he shared the sink with me. Once I finished, I watched him for a minute, smiling because of the resemblance between him and Lewy was uncanny; it's unbelievable.

He spat and rinsed his mouth, "What?"

"I'm just surprised by how much Lewis looks like you, Pete."

"Isn't that supposed to happen?" He smirked at me.

"Well, you look so much like your mom, so I'm just surprised. You've got strong genes."

He laughed softly, "Thank my mom for that."

"I wonder what our baby would look like if we had had a girl."

He laughed again, "I'd feel really bad if she looked like me."

"Oh yeah, me too." I snickered.

"That's not a nice thing to say." He said with a mocking frown.

"I'm just kidding, Pete. I'd love her no matter how weird she'd look, thanks to your genes."

Pete shook his head, "Maybe she'd look like you."

"Then she'd be so, so lucky, she'd be gorgeous." I said this all sarcastically while giggling.

"She would. Whenever you have a daughter, she'll be beautiful, ya'know."

"I hope so."

Pete had this look on his face, like he wanted to say more, but he remained silent. I bit at my lip, "Uh, you can sleep in bed with me, so you can be close to Lewis."

He smiled shortly, "Thanks."

"C'mon, I've got a class at 11 tomorrow and I am beat."

Pete followed me to my bedroom; I climbed in first, while he checked on Lewy. He looked back at me, "What happened with Vita?"

I sighed; I hadn't told him everything, only that she went back to New York; "She got alcohol poisoning, so I sent her back with my mom."

His brows shot up, "Damn."

"I told her I wasn't going to deal with an angsty teenager; I've got Lewy to handle enough as it is."

"Is she okay?"

"She's fine. She's probably mad at me, but I think I've made it clear to her and my mom that I have too much to deal with."

Pete sat on the bed and then lay back on the bed, "Having me around isn't much easier."

I snickered, "Oh, yeah, you got that right."

Pete rolled over and looked me over, "I'm not gonna lie and say that I don't cause drama for you, but I'm tryin'. I can't help it, I get jealous, I know that and all...it's because I love you."

"I don't get jealous."

"Why not?"

I shrugged, "I think it's because I've always had to share you. I get mad because you know this--"

"I never even realized that, Naomi."

"Yeah," I lay back, "Now you know. I've had to share you with your band, with your girlfriends, and with your drug addiction...I just don't see the point of getting angry."

He scooted over, closer to me, "I didn't know."

"Don't even worry about it. I'm gonna live my life the way I want to, just like you are, and one day, I'll probably find a guy to get jealous over," I shook my head with a laugh.

Pete got closer, "Why can't it be me?"

I frowned slightly, "Pete, I already told you; you and I aren't...we shouldn't be together. You're selfish and I'm too naive. I love you, but I can't deal with you."

He let out a soft sigh and got closer; he kissed me softly. I froze for a moment, but then I put my hands to his biceps and push him back; "Pete, don't."

He frowned up at me, "Navy, please."

"No," I shook my head, "It happened once before and that was that. I can't just keep doing it with you, especially with Lewy in his crib a few feet away."

"He can't see or hear us. And, me and you, we should be together--"

"You say that like you actually care," I narrowed my eyes at him; I sat up and scooted away from him, "You're selfish, you want it your way or no way. I told you, I'm not gonna do this with you."

Pete sighed, looking at me blankly now. He was at a loss for words, I knew that much. He's smooth with the way he speaks to girls, I know that much, but with me, he can't help but to operate and sweet talk his way into my bed. I'm stupid enough to let it happen, again and again. But, now, I was putting my foot down; for some reason, I was telling myself not to push him away.

My thought then was: just use him like he uses you.

"Peter," I let myself become greedy and began to scoot back over, "I love you, I love you so much, and you don't even get it. I love everything about you, and I've wanted you since I've laid eyes on you."

"I thought you were mad?" He murmured.

"I'm not mad. I can't get mad anymore...I only get disappointed."

"I don't mean it...it just happens, ya'know?"

"No." I shook my head, "I don't know how cheating on someone just happens. I don't know how being mean to someone you love, or say you love, just happens."

"I can't stop myself from doing stupid shit."

I knelt closer, watching him sit up, "Look...I want you...a lot. I want you more than I've ever wanted you. I...I don't want to be with you. I don't want to be hurt anymore, okay?"

He nodded slowly.

"We can't do it in here, now with Lewy right there." I climbed over him, out of the bed, and took his hand. I stopped briefly to grab a condom from the bedside drawer, giving it to him.

Pete placed the corner of the condom between his teeth and followed me out of the bedroom, across the hall, to what used to be Vita's room. I pulled him over to the bed, took the condom and then pushed him back on the bed; I shut the door, paused for a moment to take my panties and my gown off before straddling his lap. Pete let out a groan, "Goddamn."

I tugged his shirt off, and then I kissed his neck softly, running my hands up and down his back. Pete rubbed my bare ass, squeezing it while still moaning and swallowing as I kissed his neck. He sighed then, "I don't ever know what I'm thinking. I'm a fucking idiot."

I stopped kissing his neck to ask, "Why do you say that?"

"Because you're hotter than any of the girls I've ever been with."

I looked at him, catching his eyes, "Maybe you should think about that then whenever you fuck someone else."

He sighed wantonly, "I should."

I kissed his lips and raised my hips to allow him to kick his briefs off. I ripped the condom open and slid back to slip it onto him. He was already hard, he was swallowing repeatedly as my hand went down on him; he exhaled now, licked his lips and kissed the skin below my ear. I raised my hips again and held his cock firmly to guide him inside of me. He grunted, teeth nibbling my skin; I let out a soft moan, wrapped my arms around his shoulders and moved slowly.

Pete kissed and sucked on my neck, hands tightening on my ass, pushing me deeper down onto him. I moaned louder, biting down on my lip, rocking my hips, building up the speed. Pete's mouth moved down on my chest, kissing sloppily, grunting as well; he was unsure of what to do, I could tell, he was lost in pleasure. I pushed him back, rocking my hips, gazing his reaction; his eyes shut, hands on my hips, nails digging into my backside. He groaned and murmured my name; I grabbed his hand to run it down my stomach to my clit. He hissed softly, eyes opening, watching me guide him knowingly. I wanted him to do all the work to please me.

Pete grunted, his hand moving in slow circles, making my body jerk slightly. I moaned softly, eyes shutting, my teeth biting down on my bottom lip. Pete sat up, kissing my neck, while his other hands thread up in my hair, fisting it. I opened my eyes and began to rock my hips harder against his, "Harder," I muttered, "I want you to bite me."

He gave a husky laugh and bit down on the crook of my neck. I whimpered and tightened my arms around his neck. Pete's hand left the middle of our bodies, causing more whimpers from myself, and his hand came up and grabbed my breast, pinching my nipple as he sucked hard on my neck. Without even thinking, my orgasm peaked quickly and was coming over me; my moans and pants got loud, so I buried my face in Pete's neck as I rocked harder, letting my orgasm wash over me. Pete flipped our bodies over, so he was on top, and he began to thrust into me hard; I swore my body would be bruised by morning.

He kissed me deeply, murmuring my name over my lips. I sighed softly, feeling another little erotic feeling come over me. I fisted Pete's hair and met his hard thrusts. Pete grunted; his body tensed with mine as we both hit our peaks of pleasure. He kept rocking his hips against mine, lying his body against mine; I felt so good and safely protected beneath him.

I kissed his sweaty cheek, "I want you to carry me to bed."

He chuckled, "Let me get my wind back."

"No rush." I kissed his cheek again.


I left Pete at home with Lewy while I went to school. After my class, I drove to the coffee shop to get Pete and myself some coffee. As I waited in line, I heard someone call my name.

I looked over and saw Vincent. I grinned, "Hey! What're you doing here?"

Vincent hugged me as I approached, "I had to come get some coffee for everybody. What about you?"

We parted as I explained, "I just got out of class and I came to get coffee for myself and Pete."

Vincent raised a brow, "Pete's here?"

"Yep, he's with Lewis right now."

"I should've expected that. Uh, anyway, we're in town performing at the Chicago Theatre. Then we're going back home. You wanna come to the show tonight?"

"I can't," I said apologetically, "I wish I could; I've gotta study, and I doubt my friend Kate can come with me. I'm sorry."

Vincent nodded, "It’s okay, Naomi. But, next time in town, I'm taking you out."

I blushed slightly, "Oh?"

He smiled at me, "Yep. Just you wait."

"We'll see, Vin."

"You don't believe me, do you?"

I hummed, "Well, you must have girls fall at your knees every chance you get, so I don't, sorry."

"I'm not Jesse." He chuckled, "They like him, they barely notice me."

"I notice you."

"You're not the same."

"How so?"

He shrugged, "I dunno...did you scream when you saw Jesse."

I blushed again, "Kinda. I wasn't expecting to see him. I'm a big fan."

"You aren't talking about him now and you aren't asking me where he is, so you're different."

"Okay, maybe you got that right. But, I think you're cuter than Jesse."

He snickered, "Awesome."

"It's true, and I think Jesse is cute, you're just way cuter."

Vin grinned, "You just boosted my ego."

I giggled, "You're welcome."

My name was called by the barista, "Shoot, I've gotta go. But, ya'know, call me, Vin."

"I will now that I know you think I'm cuter than Jesse."

I laughed, "I do, just don't tell him."

"Your secret is safe with me."

I gave him another hug, "I'll see you soon, Vin."

"We'll be headed out on a date next time."

I slugged his shoulder playfully, "I hope so."
♠ ♠ ♠
Vincent & Jesse