This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

I'm gonna make you bend and break

My heart was aching as I prepared to give Lewis off to Pete. Pete just smiled, shaking his head at me; I was kissing Lewy's cheek repeatedly, telling him that I would be back as soon as I could. "Don't get sick if you can help it, baby boy."

Pete snickered, "He'll be fine, Naomi."

"I know, but you can never be too sure." I sighed deeply and kissed Lewy's face. "Say mama, baby."

He looked up at me with his big brown eyes, looking at me like Pete does; that melting pot of emotion, "Mmma-ma!" He said excitedly; his excitement reflects that he expects a prize for saying it.

"Good job," I kissed his forehead and then the tip of his nose, "Be bad for daddy." I winked at him.

He just giggled and blew a raspberry at me. I handed him to Pete and sucked in a breath, "I'll call you later, when I get there. Please call me immediately if anything happens with him, okay?"

Pete gave a roll to his eyes, smiling after, "Calm down. Go have a good time."

I looked at him with narrowed eyes, jokingly, "You don't want me to have a good time."

"I do. I don't want Vinny to have a good time."

"At least you're honest." I leaned over and kissed his cheek, "Thank you for being great, Peter."

"Don't thank me, Naomi. Have fun, I'll make sure to call in case Lewy starts to walk or he manages to hurt himself into an ER."

I smiled, "I hope none of these things happen while I'm gone."

"Me either." He lifted his and Lewy's hand to wave at me, "Say bye mama."

Lewy smiled at me, "Mamamama!"

I laughed and kissed his forehead, "See you soon, baby boy."

My heart thumped continuously as I left, looking at Lewy. Once I had driven off, I felt terribly upset that I was leaving him. It just didn't feel right, but I knew that Pete could handle watching Lewy; besides he was with his mom, dad, Andrew and my own parents a few blocks away.

I kept telling myself to calm down; "It's okay, Naomi, he's fine." I managed to calm myself enough to get on the plane with my things.

The ride there was swift and I had called Vinny and told him I would be in New York before the sun would set. He was excited, genuinely happy to hear from me. I couldn't wait to see him; it was always such a hassle to officially get some time with him, that didn't last less than a few hours. Vinny had his own family, and he needs down time when he gets off tour, and I know how that is, but I also know that he isn't like Pete when Pete would come off tour. Vinny likes to see his friends, party and then, as he says, he likes to stay in and be lazy.

I never got an answer as to where I would fit in, and I wasn't about to push about it. We've known each other less than a year, and this relationship isn't as serious as My and Pete's was. This is fun, this is something new and exciting, and maybe it'll be more, who knows.

I got off the small plane at 5:30, and I met Vinny inside the airport. He hugged me immediately; I dropped my bag as we embraced, laughing softly, "Hey."

"Hey, how's the little guy?" He and I parted.

"He's fine. He's with Pete."

Vinny smirked slightly, "He still hates me, right?"

"No, he just hates that you're dating me."

He laughed softly, "He'll get over it. He isn't being a dick to you, is he?"

Vinny wrapped his arm around my waist as we exited the station and towards his car. I had shaken my head, "No, I set him straight."

He and I got in his car; "So, tonight, we're going out to dinner, sound good?"

"With your friends?" I pondered.

"Nah," he raised a brow, "Just you and I, Naomi."

I kinda laughed in my head because if it had been Pete, he would've said, "Me and you, Navy."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"This little dive I go to when we're off tour. I haven't been in awhile and I decided to take you."

I smiled, "Great."


Vinny and I were at his home, that was a small apartment in the city, where he got ready, as did I, but I called to check in with Pete. I went through my bag to get some jeans as the phone rang; Pete answered after a few rings, "Hey, all is alright, Navy?"

"Yeah, we just got to his place. Is Lewy alright?"

"He's taking a nap; he hasn't done anything except cry. He misses you."

I pouted, "Oh, my poor baby. I wish I could talk to him."

"Call tomorrow, I'm sure he'll want to talk to you."

I exhaled softly, "I can't thank you enough for doing this for me without any trouble."

"...I wanted to. Not that I had to, I just...I need to grow up."

I smiled to myself, "Thanks, Pete. Please call me if you need me."

"I will, but I probably won't. It's only 4 days."

I hummed, "Yep, 4 days. I miss my bubba."

"He misses you," Pete replied, "Don't worry, he's fine."

"Give him extra kisses for me, okay?"

"I will, Navy," he laughed, "I'll talk to you later."

"See ya."

I hung up my phone reluctantly and bit at my thumbnail. I hated to leave Lewy, especially if he was crying.

"Hey," Vinny said as he entered his bedroom, "You ready?"

I turned to look at him, "Sorry, I'm just gonna put my jeans on."

He smiled, nodded and then sat on the bed. I changed my sweats, and then slipped my shoes on. When I was ready, Vinny took my hand and led me out of his apartment; we walked 4 blocks before we slipped down an alley way and were met with a neon sign that said DIVE. I laughed softly, Vinny smiling back at me as we went in; the place seemed to be packed, but we managed to get a small booth in the back. The place was filled with talking and laughing, and there seemed to be a TV on with a baseball game; you could smell French fries and beer; it was like a dream.

"You come here by yourself?" I asked him; he sat across from me, looking over the menu.

He nodded, "Jesse knows about this place, but he never comes here; he's a homebody."

I tilted my head a bit, "There's just some stuff you need to keep all your own."

"Yeah," he looked up at me, "I brought you here because I wanted to share this with someone who would actually wanna come with me."

I frowned slightly, "I'm sure your friends would like it."

"Nah, they're more pizza and beer and TV. I like to go out, being cooped up isn't my idea of a good time."

"I'm too busy to go out," I murmured, my finger swirling around the plastic menu, "I can't remember the last time I went out without worrying about Lewis."

Vinny slipped his hand over to mine and took it in his, "Are you worried now?"

I shook my head, "He's sleeping."

He chuckled, "Then lets live it up."

I smiled back at him and nodded agreeably, "Lets."

•••

A day passed and things were smooth among Vin and myself. Lewy was just fine with Pete; nothing was wrong, so I chopped up that feeling in my gut as being anxiety. My second night with Vinny had us going out with his friends. We had gone to a bar nearby with Garrett and Brian (from his band) and a few other of their friends that I couldn't really remember their names.

At first, everything was okay, we were drinking, laughing and carrying on and then, I wasn't feeling so good. I had too much to drink, I think, and I went to the bathroom; I threw up, I was wobbly and almost useless in my feet and I went to the sink and splashed my face. As I left the bathroom, I couldn't see or find Vinny; it was pretty much a blur. I had distinctly remembered telling Vinny I would be in the bathroom, but when I returned to the table, he wasn't there and my purse was gone. I sat down for a moment, trying to sober up and possibly look for Vinny or Garrett or Brian.

"Hey, are you alright, honey?" A male voice spoke close to my face.

I turned my head, "I'm fine."

"You were with Vinny, yeah?"

I felt ecstatic then and quickly looked at the guy, "Y-yeah! Where is he?"

"He caught a cab just a minute ago, told me to take you to his place. This is your purse?" He dangled my purse by the short strap in my face; it swirled in my vision.

I felt sick again, "He left me?"

"You were drinkin' so much, he guessed you were having a good time."

"But, I can't," I snatched my purse from the guy, "I can't go by myself. I can't remember," I swallowed the growing vomit.

"C'mon, I'll take you to his place."

I shook my head, "No. I don't know you."

"We came here all together, remember?"

"No." I stood up with shaking legs and pushed the guy away from me.

I was brewing by then, feeling sick and angry with Vinny. I was ready to tear him apart, but first I had to throw up. Once I was outside, the cool air made the vomit come up and I quickly rushed to the side of the building and threw up. I grunted and dropped my purse and continued to vomit until I felt rough hands on my hips and someone twirling my around. It was too dark to see and my throat hurt too much to scream; so I pounded my fists on the guy as soon as he pulled me away towards the opposite wall.

"Get off!" I cried out, "Stop it!"

The guy shoved me hard against the wall; I hit my head hard; I knew the skin split because I felt the warmth of the blood oozing down the back of my neck. I hissed as it stung and the back of my head began to pound; the guy shoved his forearm against my throat, cutting off my air and I tried to fight him off, my head hurt and my vision was fading fast.

"Please." I begged finally before I loss consciousness.

I was out for what felt like hours, but it was probably about 10 minutes. There was a deep male voice calling to me, telling me an ambulance was on the way. I asked why, having nearly forgotten what happened, and then it hit me. My body felt heavier than it ever had; like lead weights were placed on my wrists, back and ankles; I couldn't move. The man lifted me up and had carried me towards the street where sirens sounded and I was set inside the bright carrier of an ambulance.

My purse had been given to one of the medics, because a female medic said she had my wallet and told the other medic my name, age, birthdate and where I live. I rolled over and began to puke again, and they quickly gave me a bag that I could barely hold. I remember telling them to call Pete; "Pete Wentz...he has my son."

The male medic snorted, "Pete Wentz? Do you think she knows him for real?"

I couldn't retort, but the female medic hummed, "There's a picture of them in her wallet...looks old."

The guy paused a moment, the ambulance took off; "Oh, she's that Naomi Valentino?"

"I guess so, Brad." The female medic muttered sardonically.

I had passed out then, still not sure of what had happened. I was awake once more when I felt a familiar calloused hand on my forehead. My head throbbed slightly, like a bass ticking in my head; I fluttered my eyes open and squinted at the bright light. I was confused as to where I was and why Pete was standing beside me with his hand on my forehead.

"Navy." He murmured my name, "How do you feel?"

"Why am I here?" It was more than clear that I was in a hospital room. "Am I in New York?"

Pete nodded, "Yeah. You got hurt. You told the hospital to call me."

I sighed softly, "Shit. What happened? Where's Vinny?"

"Out in the hall, they won't let anyone see you."

"How'd you get in here?" My throat ached just a bit.

"I gave a nurse $100 to leave the room sheet open and look the other way."

I rolled my eyes, and shook my head; I stopped when I felt a stinging sensation in the back of my head, "Ow! What the fuck? Help me?" I sat up with Pete's help; I touched my head and felt a bandage, "Oh man, that hurts."

"What happened to you last night? You got a bruise on your neck and stuff..." He trailed, "Did Vinny hurt you?"

It all came back to me as I laid back against the pillows. My eyes began to tear up, "No. His friend did. I don't remember who. I..." I blinked the tears away, "I just want to go home, Pete. Get me out of here."

"Not until you tell me." He said shortly. "Did that guy do anything bad to you? Like...ya'know...uh, like Seth did?"

"I can't remember, I was so drunk. Vinny left me there." My heart sunk as I remembered everything. "I just wanna go home. Tell Vinny to leave, just get my stuff from him, I don't want to see him. Tell him it's over, I'm sure you'd love to."

Pete was silent, and then he sat, "I wouldn't love to."

I looked over at him, "Well, isn't the road to your house paved with good intentions."

He looked at me and smiled, "What?"

"It's a joke, my dad said it to my mom once when she tried to get me to go to Sunday school." I cleared my throat, "Anyway, just go get my stuff and we'll get the hell outta here."

Pete raised a brow, "You really want to do that?"

"I didn't stutter."

"Navy, be honest--"

"I am being honest. I want to go home. I want to see Lewy--" I stopped myself, "Who's watching him?"

"Babette. I didn't tell anyone I came down here."

"Wouldn't they worry?"

"It's only a few hours of a plane ride. I thought I'd come down here, see if you were okay and then I'd go back, no biggie."

"You actually got on a plane?" He nodded, "You didn't freak?"

"You needed me, didn't you?"

I smiled at him, "Thank you. I'm proud of you."

He shook his head, "No biggie, like I said. But, I don't think you should leave the hospital."

"I think I should." I retorted stubbornly, "Please don't fight me about this, I want to get out of here and forget this ever happened."

"Are you sure?" Pete asked as he slowly rose from his seat.

"Yes."

He exhaled, "Okay, I'll go break the bad news to Deja Entendu."

I laughed softly as Pete left the room; I checked my body over under the blanket and noticed that I was okay, physically, from what I could see, and nothing hurt, but my head. If something had been done terribly to me, I was glad I didn't remember, I wanted to go home so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to lady_enigma for helping me immensely with this chapter :)