This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

I know this hurts, it was meant to

"Oh shit, oh shit," Pete sputtered, "What do I do?"

I pushed myself away from him and maneuvered over the puddle, "Just help me downstairs. My overnight bag is down there," I breathed in and deep, "Help me."

Pete grabbed my hand and held my waist, helping me down the stairs. I panted and breathed, "Mrs. Wentz," I called out, feeling pain wash over me, "Oh my God, you ever knock me up again, I'll kill you," I said to Pete.

"I'm--Mom!" He sputtered again.

Mrs. Wentz met us at the bottom of the stairs, "What? What did you do to her?"

"My water broke," I said quickly, "I need my shoes."

"Okay," she took my hand, "Pete, go put her bag in my car, it's in the hall closet. Naomi, just breathe."

"I am," I said through gritted teeth; the pain came short.

"When did the pain start?" She asked as Pete rushed off.

"Just a minute ago," I breathed again, "It's dull now."

"Alright, we'll get you to the hospital, I'll call your dad."

"Thank you," I murmured softly, breathing deeply.

The pain wasn't constant, the contractions were minutes apart, I gathered. Mrs. Wentz helped me into her car, and Pete brought Lewy out to me. I kissed his cheek, "I love you, bubba. I'll see you soon."

He waved his hand at me as Pete shut the door. Pete looked lost and nervous as Mrs. Wentz drove off; she had told him to stay with Lewy until she called him. Along the way, she called my dad; I felt the contractions every 7 minutes, causing me to cry out.

"I hate Pete!" I coursed, crying now, "Jesus Christ, no more!"

Mrs. Wentz laughed a little, patting my back, "It's okay, Naomi, you'll be out of pain soon."

I balled my fist and ground my teeth. Mrs. Wentz continued to comfort me and drove straight on to the hospital, getting me to the maternity ward. She grabbed my overnight bag and helped me inside, where I was wheeled to a bed.

"Can I have something?" I asked one of the nurses setting me up.

"Not yet, Naomi, just relax."

I growled, "I can't relax, there's a baby demanding to get out of me!"

She laughed, "When your contractions are closer together."

I sighed, "I forgot how evil you nurses are."

I was left alone with Mrs. Wentz, who was talking to Pete. Apparently Pete was freaking out, as if I hadn't already had a baby before. I had rolled my eyes at this and concentrated on breathing, hoping that these sadistic nurses would give me something for the pain.

When my dad got there, I was in labor for just a bit, though I couldn't remember what time it was. I was in pain and whining loudly to annoy the nurses. Okay, the whining was real, I could've kept it down, but I didn't.

My dad had come in, Mrs. Wentz went out, going to take care of Lewis. He sat beside me, "Are you alright?"

"No, there's a baby coming out of my lady part, dad. I am not alright!"

He laughed, "You've done this 2 years ago, kid, you can do it again."

"I wanna die," I growled.

My dad rubbed my back, "You don't wanna die, you just want this baby to come out."

"I hate you," I spat out, "I hate everybody!"

A nurse came in, "Naomi, could you keep it down--"

I grabbed my pillow and threw it at her, "You keep it down! I'm in labor here!"

The nurse sighed, picked up my pillow and left. I held onto the side of the bed rail and cried, "I hate Pete Wentz. I hope he falls into a hole."

The nurse returned, "Naomi, we're going to give you the epidural now, okay?"

"Thank God!" I cried.

They gave me another pillow, had me lie on my side and then gave me that shot. I swallowed and rolled back onto my back, "I'm sorry for throwing my pillow at you," I apologized to her.

She laughed softly, "It's okay, just take it easy, alright? Your doctor will be in to check on you."

I nodded and gripped the bed rails as a shot of pain hit me. I growled and pinched my eyes shut; moments later, I felt a lot better. I laid back, looking at my dad, "What do you think the baby is?"

"So far they've been a pain in your ass," he scoffed with a laugh.

"No," I giggled, "Really, dad."

He shrugged, "I hope it's a boy."

"So I can name him Valentino?"

"Nah," he shook his head, "I think it would be cool to have another grandson. I've raised a lot of girls," he chuckled, "Lewy's all I got so far."

I smiled lazily, "I hope it's a boy too. They're easier to please."

"We'll see soon, won't we?"

I hummed, and relaxed.

•••

I was in labor for 14 hours. 14 full hours before I was anywhere near getting 10 centimeters. I spent the majority of the time whining, pleading and bribing my unborn child to corporate and come out. My doctor was in and out the entire night, and Pete came just as my dad left to get some sleep.

It was early in the morning, he was up, as was I; "You look like shit," he said to me.

"Thanks," I grumbled, "You look stellar yourself, Wentz."

He sat at the end of my bed, "How are you?"

"I'm really tired and I feel dull pain in my back."

"When do you think you're gonna have to push?" He sounded like a dumb kid.

I shrugged, "Doctor says I'm close. What day is it?"

"The 13th," he said.

"It's Tuesday, right?" I asked.

He snickered, "How doped up are you?"

"Not bad, I'm makin' sure our kid ain't gonna be born on Friday. We'd call them Jinx," I laughed.

"What did they give you?" He teased.

"A epidural block. It's just numbs the pain, I can feel everything else."

Pete put his hand on my stomach, "Do you remember how this was?"

I nodded, "The pain escapes me."

Pete smiled, "Are you scared?"

I shook my head, "No. I just know it'll be over soon and I'm gonna have to take care of 2 babies and learn to have more patience."

He got quiet, his hand rubbed my belly absentmindedly. I yawned softly, "When do you leave?"

His lips turned down, his shoulders shrugged, "Dunno yet. We're heading overseas...Japan in April. I haven't gotten a call or email of when I gotta leave. Do you want me to leave or somethin'?"

"No, I'm just wondering," I said.

He hummed, "What're you naming the baby again?"

I swallowed, yawning again, "Valen. I haven't really thought about names."

"I can't think of anything either," he said, "Valen sounds cool."

"Maybe I should've been picking names instead of stressing out and eating."

Pete moved his hand to my arm and rubbed up and down, "What do you think the baby is?"

I hummed, "I really hope it's a boy, I can handle boys. What about you?"

Pete chuckled, "I dunno...it'd be perfect if it was a girl."

"Hmm, I hope not."

Again, he laughed, "What do you have against girls?"

"Most of them are evil. If it is a little girl, I really hope she's like Hilary or your mom, even Abbey."

"Yeah, I hope so too."

"If they're a girl, I'll call her Valley...not sure about a middle name. If it's a boy, I'm gonna call him Benjamin Valen...Benji," I smiled, "Gah, I love kids. I just hate giving birth."

Pete smiled at me, "Hey...I'm sorry about your job."

I shrugged, "It was meant to happen for some reason...I just don't know what the hell I'm suppose to do for now on."

"Told ya I can take--"

I raised a palm, silencing him, "Nope."

"Oh, c'mon, Naomi. How're you suppose to live then?"

"You take care of the kids, I'll take care of myself," I told him.

"Fine," he breathed out.

I smiled a bit, looking over at him, "Hey, guess who I met."

He looked at me with a cocked brow, "Who?"

"Max Fischer."

His brows furrowed now, "Max Fischer?"

"From Rushmore! I met Jason Schwartzman!"

Pete laughed, "Where?"

"At that new taco place. Ricky took me and I saw Robert, and I was--"

He cut me off, "Who's Robert?"

I sighed, "Robert Schwartzman, well he goes by Robert Coppola. Anyway, that's his brother, and they--"

"How'd you meet him?"

I frowned, "When I got fired, he sorta rescued me or whatever. I was crying and he found me and was tryna get me home."

"How come you never told me this before?"

"I thought I did," I muttered, "Really. Anyway, I got so star struck, I almost threw up."

Pete chuckled, "Thats awesome, Naomi."

"It was awesome!" I exclaimed, "I need to watch that movie, I haven't seen it in forever. I was like "oh, man, Pete is gonna be so jealous I met Mr. I-Saved-Latin himself!""

Pete laughed harder, "Really, that's what you thought?"

"Yes!"

Pete shook his head with a smile, "Hey, I got something for you when you get outta here. It's something you never thought you'd get."

"What?"

"You're gonna havta wait," I sat up, "I'm gonna get a coffee, you want some ice chips?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm okay."

He leaned over and kissed my forehead, "I'll be right back."

"Alright."

A minute or so after Pete had gone, I felt more pain this time. It was a weird sensation, I hadn't felt it before. I buzzed for a nurse, and not 15 seconds later she came strolling in, "What can I get you, Naomi?"

"Can you call my doctor, I think I'm ready to push," I said with a slight grimace as the sensation to push came over me, "Like, now."

She nodded and grabbed her cell, ringing for the doctor. She propped my legs up and then the sheet as well, she gasped, "Oh, yeah, you're ready. Hang tight, honey."

I felt nervous then, everything was too subtle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, all of you want girls...
Still not sure, may have to flip a coin