This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

Baby, seasons change but people don't

My dad came in first as I was preparing to push, Pete was there behind the doctor, looking frightened. My dad had nudged him, telling him something I couldn't hear over the doctor giving me instructions. A few seconds later I felt Pete's hand in mine, "Are you okay?"

I whimpered, feeling the pressure, "Yeah, yeah," I breathed. I looked at my doctor, "Can I push now?"

He nodded, "On the count of three. Ready? One...two...three, push, Naomi."

I squeezed Pete's hand and pushed, feeling exhausted by the end of that one push. I squeezed his hand again as I was told to push, "This kid is gonna kill me!"

The doctor laughed quietly, looking up at me, "Almost, Naomi, stay with me. Push."

I pushed, sweat trickled down my face, and I grabbed Pete's hand tightly in mine. He bowed his head close to my ear, "I love you, Naomi," he said softly, "You can do it."

I cried, "I hate you. Don't you ever, never, ever put your crotch near me again!"

My dad and the nurses laughed, Pete just kissed my cheek. He wiped the sweat off my brow; I was beckoned to push again, but nothing, "Oh please, baby, come out!" I cried.

I pushed 2 more times before I was ready to throw my hands up and say 'fuck it, I'll stay pregnant forever!'. Then, I gave one final hard push with success, there came the loudest wail I had ever heard in my entire life; it had made me perk up from the exhaustion and look; there my baby was, crying their head off.

"What is it?" I asked as I licked over my dry lips quickly.

The doctor smiled and gave Pete surgical scissors, "It's a boy, Navy."

I laid back, "Holy crap."

Pete cut the umbilical cord and the nurse took him off. I shut my eyes over, catching my breath, "I swear, boys are nothing but trouble."

My dad came to my side, smiling, "I told ya you could do it," He kissed the top of my head, "What's his name?"

"Uh, Benjamin," I said softly, "I think," my dad just laughed at this.

The nurse handed him off to Pete, and Pete came over to me, "He looks like me."

I smiled lazily, "Lemme be the judge of that," Pete handed him to me, I looked at him, "Wow...wow."

My dad leaned over, "Oh my God...that's creepy."

My newborn son looked exactly like Pete. Dead on a Pete Wentz replica. He had his frown and his lips; "Hello there, little guy, I'm your mommy. You look just like your daddy."

Pete chuckled, "His name is Valen, right?"

"Benjamin Valentino," I said, "For you, dad."

My dad shook his head, "You don't gotta do that."

"I want to," I said softly, "Little Benji...I love you, honey," I kissed the top of his head as he whimpered.

"Wait until Lew sees him," Pete said, "I hope he takes it well. I was pissed when Hilary was born."

I laughed, "Lewy loves everyone, he'll love Benji."

Benji was born at 3 AM, on March 13th, 2007. He was a chubby little guy who was Pete's damn clone. He looks so much more like Pete than Lewy ever did; it's beyond freaky, and for Pete, it's an ego trip. I fed him and held him until I had to rest, and then it was Pete's turn. He changed his diaper, then Benji went to the nursery, where everyone could see him; I was really exhausted by the time the sun had come up.

In the afternoon, Mrs. and Mr. Wentz had come and were holding the baby; Amy brought Abbey and Lewy, who was very excited to see me. He rushed in, making me laugh with his cute little run and climbed on my dad's lap to get to my bed. I plucked him up and set him in my lap, kissing his face, "I missed you, bubba! You wanna see your new baby brother?"

He nodded, "Uh-huh."

Pete came over with baby Benji, his folks following behind. Lewy sat up, looking at the bundle Pete held; "Look, buddy, this is your little bro, Benji."

Lewy looked at him and made a face, I smiled, "Can you say hi to Benji?"

Lewis tilted his head and opened his mouth, "Hi Benny."

I kissed Lewy's cheek, "Aw, that's so sweet, Lew. Do you like Benji?"

Lewy shrugged, "He's sleepin'."

"Yeah, but he'll be up later. He looks like daddy, huh?"

Lewy nodded, "Yeah."

"Wanna hold him?" I asked him.

"Yeah!" He said excitedly.

My dad helped Lewy into my lap and then Pete handed me the baby. I easily cradled the baby with Lewy; he looked at baby Benji completely fascinated. Mrs. Wentz took pictures of them together, "Smile, Lewy."

Lewy grinned at her; he then looked at the baby and touched his nose. "Can Benny talk?" He asked softly.

"Not yet," I chuckled, "Soon."

Lewy leaned down and kissed Benji's forehead, everyone awed at him.

"You love your baby brother, Lewis?" My dad asked.

Lewy nodded, "Uh-huh."

I kissed the back of Lewy's head, "Your brother loves you too, bubba."

•••

I recovered at the hospital at a slow pace. I stayed put, tending to baby Benji. I was a bit surprised when I was delivered flowers the morning before I was scheduled to leave.

"Who sent these?" I asked as my dad brought them in.

"Uh," he looked over the card of yellow daisies, "To Naomi, Hope childbirth was easy on you. Can't wait to see you and your new baby, From Robert; It's from your boyfriend," my dad joked.

"Ha, ha," I took the flowers, "That was nice of him...I wonder how he knew I was having the baby."

"Everyone knows," my dad said, "Especially with Pete around."

"I gotta call and thank him," I handed my dad the flowers so he could set them on the beside table.

"Who is this guy?" My dad inquired, "And why haven't I met him?"

"I told ya, he's just this nice guy that helped me one day. You haven't met him because he's just a guy I talk to every now and then. You'll meet him eventually."

My dad's brows raised a moment, "If you say so."

"Where's my little guy? Is he asleep still?" I asked as I got up from the bed, "I wanna shower is cute little face in kisses."

"Dale called and told me Hilary and Andrew would be down there lookin' at him," my dad said, "You should take it easy for a bit, Naomi."

"Dad," I laughed humorously, "I am invincible, I can do anything."

He laughed, "Kid, I think it's best if you just take it easy for me, alright? Don't strain yourself."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "I won't. I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I can't wait till I'm outta this gown."

My dad smiled and helped me off to the bathroom. When I returned, Pete, Hilary and Andrew were in the room with baby Benji. I smiled, "Hey guys!"

"Hey!" Hilary came over and hugged me, "How are you? How do you feel?"

"I'm okay," I said as we parted, "How are you?"

"I've been great," Hilary grinned, "Well, uh, I got some exciting news."

I gave a her a look, "What is it?"

She held out her left hand, "George asked me to marry him!"

I looked down at her glittering ring finger. The ring was huge, "Holy crap, congrats, Hil!" I hugged her again, "Thats awesome!"

"I was kinda hoping I'd have a niece to be my little flower girl, but it's alright, 2 little buds cheering me on it better."

"When did he ask?" I asked as we went over to the bed.

"2 weeks ago, I was waiting to tell you all in person, and this is the best time, right?" She smiled, "Benjamin is such a cutie, he looks just like Andrew did."

I scoffed a laugh, "You mean like Pete?"

She nodded and laughed, "I guess so. I don't see Pete, I see Andrew."

I looked over at Andrew who was taking pictures of Benji, who was wiggling around a bit. Pete held him, while my dad stood over Andrew's shoulder instructing him if it was a good shot or not.

"Hey Andrew," I said.

He looked up after the picture, "Hey Naomi," he got up, "Another stud, huh?"

I smirked, "You're only saying that cuz Hil says he looks like ya."

Andrew hugged me, chuckling, "A little. He's a cute kid, though, him and Lew, they look like us, so you got some handsome men."

"They're not men yet," I pointed out shortly, "Not until they leave my nest," I laughed softly.

Pete got up with Benji and handed him to Andrew once Andrew sat at the edge of my bed. Hilary sat beside me, "We brought gifts, George wanted to come, but he's swamped with work. He wants to get everything cleared up so he could get some time off when we decide to have the wedding, which will be in November and you and the boys are coming," she said in a breath, "You will gladly stay with me in my home, so you don't have any excuse to say no."

I nodded, "I'll be there, Hil, you know that."

"I brought you flowers, too," she got up, grabbing a small bundle of pink lilies, "Pete got you those yellow ones?"

Pete looked up, "I didn't get no flowers."

I shook my head, "No, they're from my friend Rob."

She hummed, "They're nice."

"Yeah, I know. Your folks bought balloons," I laughed softly, "They filled the room."

"We saw them," Andrew said, "They're all crowded up in my bedroom."

"Sorry," I patted his shoulder.

"It's cool," Andrew cradled Benji.

"I'll pick all that stuff up," my dad said, "Naomi's gonna be at my house for a few weeks, you guys are welcomed to come see her and the kids."

"We will," Hilary said, then she nudged Andrew, "My turn to hold him."

Andrew scoffed, "Gimme a sec, geez."

I smiled, but my smile faltered when I saw Pete staring off at those yellow daisies. I was kinda confused as to why, and then I knew he was getting jealous. He was good at hiding it though, I don't think anyone but he and I knew he was feeling like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a boy! Woo!
Have you seen Pete's brother Andrew? He's really cute lol
I don't know much about him or Hilary, so I'm just going off the grid of my mind, but I've heard Pete say his sister is married.

Okay, so tell me what you think!
xo ali