Never Back Down

Snowden.

I hide my face in the pillow, not wanting to pull myself from the comforts of my warm bed. Everything that happened the day before crushing itself back into the front of my mind, replaying- repeating- haunting me with the look of complete sorrow and hurt that coated Andy's eyes. I never thought he'd come back, I tell myself. A groan passes my lips as I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to will the thoughts away. Sliding my hand through my hair once, I pick myself up, pushing away the blanket that has been encasing me within its warmth. Why is he so infatuated with me? I ask myself before setting out to start the day.

I head down to my favorite coffee shop hoping for Reggie to show up as he said he would. Before we parted yesterday we agreed to meet up for coffee this morning, but after the encounter with Andy yesterday, I am not entirely sure Reggie is still interested in me. I really had not paid too much attention to Reggie's reaction to the realization that I am, indeed, the Snowden that Andy is infatuated with. What if it disgusts him? I shake my head, trying to rid myself of those thoughts. What reason would it disgust him? He seemed to like Andy well enough...
Allowing a sigh to slip out, I walk into the café. Looking around, I notice that Reggie is not here yet which causes me to frown. He's going to show up. He said he would. After ordering my drink I take a seat by the window, enjoying the feel of the sun warming my chilled skin. I watch as people pass by, children smiling, animals looking contented with the weather. Couples hold hands as they walk, conversing with one another happily- something I long for. I will be the first to admit that my luck with relationships is nonexistent. I seem to go after guys who are seemingly perfect for me, but with a deeper look (and months being together) I realize just how wrong for me they are. Not only have I dealt with being cheated on, I have been lied to continually about who the guy really is. Fake identities only go so far in a small town. I may not know everyone's name, but I have ways of finding out the truth.
The more I think about it, the more I realize I steer away from guys like Andy. Maybe those are the guys I should be going after. The 'date' I had with Andy was not entirely bad. I actually had a little fun when things were not feeling so forced and awkward. He listened, and we have had real conversations. He does not seem to be as full of himself as I would have originally guessed, and he obviously really has a mind of his own. He has opinions and thoughts.. As much as his stalking irritates me, talking to him really does not bother me all too much. Should I give him a chance? I bite my lip, continuing to stare out the window, noticing the dark clouds rolling in, covering the sun. What about Reggie? I pull my gaze from the window, looking around the café again before my eyes land on a clock. “An hour,” I say to myself, “I have been here an hour waiting for him.” I down the rest of my coffee, and leave the café without another look.
After leaving the café, I make my way to work. My thoughts back on Andy, contemplating how I really feel toward him. If I am honest, his presence yesterday did not bother me as much as I had originally made it out to be. Then again, after the scene that took place, and everything with Reggie being there.. I am quite sure Andy will want none to do with me.
If he lets me, maybe I really will give Andy a chance.
Of course, this is on him, however. I am not going to chase him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really overdue, and I apologize for that. I have had a lot of trouble writing this chapter, but it's here now. I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks to everyone for sticking with us.