Never Back Down

Andy

Six weeks have passed since I last saw Snowden. Four weeks since I first answered his many calls and texts. Two days since I last heard from him.

It had been a rocky start in trying to just be friends with Snowden. We didn’t know what to even really talk about at first but now things were starting to get a little smoother and conversations weren’t as forced now. I did still have some feelings for him but they were quickly disappearing. Well, at least leaving me alone at the moment.

It had taken me two weeks before I could even answer Snowden. I had just been so surprised that he was attempting to contact me at first. Also, I was trying to get used to the idea of us just being friends and nothing else. Not to mention I was seeing how much he wanted to be my friend. After two weeks of random calls and texts I decided to go ahead and answer and give this whole thing a shot.

So far things were going good. We mainly texted and e-mailed each other. It was nice to be his friend although I was still trying to fully move on from the crazy boy I had fallen pretty hard for pretty fast.

Thank God for this band though. The guys were all keeping me bust and dragging me out of my apartment when I was moping around over Snowden the first few weeks after coming back from Ashwood.

We were currently going over material and such for a possible new album. We’re all really excited to be back writing music again. I’m also looking for a real change in my appearance. I had gone over everything from a change in clothing to a change in hair to new piercings, etc. I finally settled on getting a haircut.

Of course the guys all thought I was crazy at first but once I told them what I wanted to have done to my hair they all said it sounded cool. So I set up an appointment to get my hair cut on the way home from being in the studio all day.

Keely greeted me at the door as usual. I played with her for a few and took her for a nice, long walk before checking my e-mail. I had a new e-mail from Snowden that made me smile a little inside.

Shaking my head at that thought I opened and read his message.

It was getting colder in Ashwood and the trees were really pretty with all their colored leaves. He mentioned going to a local show with Reggie on town over, but that wasn’t that big of a deal to me anymore.

Or was it?

The rest of his e-mail was about the show he went to and some bands he liked to listen to. We had taken up swapping band names with each other. We often ended up in arguments over who’s music taste was better but at least we were talking and he wasn’t being mean or rude to me anymore.

I quickly typed out a reply to him:

’Hey Snowden,
That concert you went to sounds interesting. Don’t know if it would really be my style. But glad you were able to go. You really do have a strange taste in music. I did finally get around to listening to ‘Never Shout Never’. I admit I liked a couple songs. It’s still warm out here in Cali. I’m thinking about going home for a little bit this winter. I really do miss the snow and everything there. But the guys and I are working on some new material so who knows. I’m sure Ashwood is just beautiful in the winter. Maybe on year I’ll be able to see it. I have to cut this short, because Keely wants her dinner now. She says hi too! Talk to you later.
-Andy
Oh p.s. I’m getting a haircut in a couple days. I need a change so I’m going to chop some of my hair off. Hope you’re still doing okay. Bye.


~~~~ Two Days Later ~~~~

“Alright what do you think?”

My hair stylist spun me around so I could look in the mirror at my new hair. It felt so much lighter and cooler now that the majority of it was gone.

I took it all in before smiling.

This is EXACTLY what I needed.

“This looks awesome! Thank-you!”

“No problem”

I paid for the haircut before running off to the studio to show the guys and work on a new song idea I have.

I couldn’t help but wonder though.

Would Snowden like this haircut?
♠ ♠ ♠
OH SNAP!
UPDATE!
sorry i was happy i had inspiration for this chapter.
that and i had an hour of doing nothing at work sooooo i pulled out a notebook and wrote!!!!!
muahahahahahahahhaha
newho!
enjoy my lovelies!
and on a side note.
WE SHALL NEVER ABANDON THIS STORY!!!!!!
but we may take long arse brakes b/c our lives suck at times...but newho! love you all soooo much!