Never Back Down

Andy

I was sitting alone in my apartment with Keely lying next to me on the couch. We were watching some TV show and I was doing my best to not think about Snowden lately. So far over the last month or so I had done well at keeping my mind off of him and getting out there. I admit that I hadn’t really been answering him all that much but the band just finished up a new album and we had shot a new music video a couple weeks ago so I was finally getting some down time.

I even had a “boyfriend” of sorts for a few weeks but things didn’t last long for us but for a while my mind was completely off of Snowden, however now he was starting to come back into my mind but I refused to let him gain complete control of my mind again.

Obviously the lack of communication wasn’t bothering him or else he would have spoken up about it. Snowden wasn’t the type to hold back how he felt and the last thing I would every expect from Snowden would be for him to actually miss me. Snowden never missed me and he probably only offered to be friends out of pity for me.

My phone buzzing suddenly pulled me from my thoughts. I reached for it from the coffee table in front of me and was shocked to see that the name read Snowden.

What the hell?

Cautiously, I unlocked my phone and read the text from the one and only Snowden. Who I haven’t really heard from in a few weeks.

Hey, stranger. Long time no talk, yeah? I’d really like to catch up with you, so you should give me a call later or something..

I glanced down at Keely, “What the hell?”

Keely only looked at me funny before going back to chewing on a toy of hers. Sighing, I pulled myself up off of the couch and over to my bedroom where my laptop was sitting closed on my bed. I opened it and quickly logged back into it and opened up my e-mail. I wasn’t going to answer him back via text for he was probably out doing something if he was texting me to begin with. Which also begs the question on why the hell he was even texting me anyway. Usually we just exchanged e-mails or something.

For what seemed like forever I stared at a blank compose e-mail screen before I was able to start typing out a response to him.

What I ended up with a few minutes later was as good as I was going to be able to write at the moment. I was becoming more casual with Snowden and I wasn’t stressing over him and his responses so much anymore. My quick romance with a guy and a few ‘flings’ here and there were exactly what I needed after the rejection from Snowden, even though I never did really get an answer from him on why he didn’t like me. But that didn’t really bother me anymore; it was more just curiosity at this point.

Reading over my e-mail one last time I was satisfied enough to press send and close my laptop once more before going to make something for dinner and to feed Keely before she attacked me as her way of saying she was hungry and it was past her dinner time.

Later that night I opened up the sent e-mail just to re-read it once more before turning off the lights and going to sleep.

Hey Snowden!

Sorry I’ve been so m.i.a. lately but I’ve been super busy with the band and everything. It has been a while since we last talked hasn’t it? What have you been up to since we last chatted? Any special plans for the holidays? I would go on to tell you all about my band’s new album but I know you still aren’t a big fan of our music. Keely says hi as usual and it’s starting to get colder here in L.A. but it’s not as cold as it can get back home. I’m planning on going home for the holidays. I’ll be in Ohio so maybe on my way back to L.A. I could swing by Ashwood and we can get coffee or something and catch up in person? It’d be cool to see Ashwood in the winter anyway; you’ve told me it’s really beautiful there during the winter anyway. Let me know what you think and I’ll talk to you later.

~Andy
♠ ♠ ♠
O_O

slightly surprised that i got this done as soon as i did. GO ME!

Sorry that twin and i are some of the worst updaters ever. We truly do apologize for that! love to all our readers who have stuck by us for our long periods of nothing! we do love you all! <3<3<3<3