Never Back Down

Snowden.

"Mom, stop, please. This was supposed to be a nice visit." Pinching the bride of my nose, I sigh- unable to hide my disappointment. It's been a while since I've last seen Mom, and now I'm remembering why.
"Well, I'm just saying," she replies, "If you'd just find a nice girl to marry there wouldn't be a problem."
"Seriously, stop, or I'm leaving."
"I don't understand why you have to act this way. Why can't you just be normal?" I stand up, abandoning my seat on the couch to walk toward the front door, having had enough of her abuse. Mom stands as well, following after me with an unhappy look upon her aging face. I personally cannot understand why she is acting sour toward me. She is the one acting completely unfair with a horrid attitude.
"Get back here," she demands as though I am a young child instead of the adult I am. Ignoring her, I continue walking- quickly pulling my winter gear on before walking out the front door. Standing at the door Mom shouts at my retreating form, "Stop right there, young man! You bring your ass back here!"
I stop; turn toward her, and with as much malice as I can pull together to throw into my voice, I respond, "I am no longer a child, Mother, and I am leaving. When you grow up, I'll return, but until then I am done with your homophobic behavior. Goodnight." With that, I turn to start my long trek home in the blistering wind, my mind moving through millions of thoughts in a matter of seconds. Everything is a blurry mass inside my head as my emotions swirl in high levels. I know I need to clear my head, calm down, and relax, but it is still a bit of a walk before I actually make it home.
By the time I do get home half frozen tears are in my eyes and my hands are shaking from how upset Mother has made me. I have trouble unlocking my door, barely able to actually get the key into the hole because of the numb feeling seeping through to my bones and the high emotions still coursing through my system.
Once inside I quickly kick my boots off, and hang my coat up. Even moving quickly would be seen as sluggish behavior to anyone watching. Between the weather and my mother, I am not sure how much more my body can take for the night, so to help ease away the cold, I stumble my way to the kitchen; quickly setting the kettle up to boil water for my winter favorite: hot chocolate.

The following morning, I awake to a pounding sensation inside my skull as though I had been granted the gift of a hangover from alcohol consumption. Only problem is, I hadn't had any alcohol last night, so the headache can only be a side effect from all the stress and thinking that has been happening as of late. With a groan, I roll myself out of bed to go about my day. Even though, I am not entirely certain what I'll be doing today without needing to go into work. Days off never seemed so unwanted, but at the moment, I would rather any excuse to distract my mind.
Deciding a shower will do wonders for my aching mind, I shuffle myself sleepily into the bathroom to do just that. I set the water warmer than I normally would, and grab a clean towel from the cabinet before stripping myself bare. Stepping under the warm water, I close my eyes, relaxing at the feel of the droplets cascading over my skin. My mind goes blanket as I focus all I can on the feel of the shower's water, allowing it to calm my every nerve.
Quickly washing myself, I step out of the shower, and dry off before dressing in warm lounge wear. On my way to the kitchen to make myself something I eat I pull out my phone only to find that Andy hadn't replied. Instead, I am notified to an unread message in the inbox to my email address. Assuming it's only spam, I quickly open my email app. Instead of the spam I had assumed I would find, it's an email from Andy. He didn't text back.. That has to mean something.. I though all the while setting the kettle up to boil water from some morning tea. Taking a seat at the kitchen table while the water heats, I open the email on my phone. My eyes scan over the words typed out, memorizing every letter. With a sigh, I quickly hit the reply button before running my fingers over the correct places on my screen to type out my reply.

It's fine, I understand how busy you are. I can only imagine how hectic things are for you with the new album and all. Um, not much really has been going on with me. Work, hanging out with friends, family stuff.. You know, all that normal, everyday life, aha. Thanksgiving I'm supposed to go over to my mom's.. With it just being the two of us I don't really want her to be all alone. Same will happen for Christmas, I think. Honestly, I'm not really sure. Things between my mom and I aren't the greatest at the moment.. But, um, yeah! You should totally stop in before you head back to L.A. It'd be great to see you again!
xx
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to apologize for the long wait. I had the chapter nearly finished, then I lost the file on my computer. I started to retype it just to lose my computer all together. My laptop was old, so it was bound to die. I am in the process of purchasing the parts for my best friend to build me a desktop. In the meantime I have (slightly limited) access to my father's computer in order to write updates and such. I apologize in advance for anymore delays on my part for this story.
Good news, though, Andi and I have thought out more chapters for this story. Now it's just a matter of writing them.