Never Back Down

Snowden.

Andy's arms wrap securely around my hips, pulling my body flush against his own whilst our lips move in sync in a soft yet passionate kiss. My arms tighten around his waist as I feel his hand come up to rest against my neck, pulling me deeper into the kiss. The whole time our lips move together the kiss stays soft, sweet, gentle, but oh-so passionate, as though all the feelings we have hid from one another are finally being spoken without any words voiced. Really, though, who needs words when you have a kiss as mind-blowing as this, and all the while our lips are connected my mind cannot concentrate on anything that isn't Andy. Nothing else seems to matter as long as, in some way, we are connected because being this way with Andy feels right- no, it feels better than right; it's perfect; meant to be. Maybe, just maybe I am over exaggerating, but to me, this kiss shows me that there is no questioning it any longer. We may have had differences in the past- mainly because of me, myself, and I- but now we are meant to be 'we' instead of 'he' and 'me.'
It seems all too soon the need for air overtakes the want to stay connected. Slowly we pull away from one another, breaking the kiss to take much-needed oxygen into our lungs. A smile stretches itself across my lips, my eyes searching Andy's for any sort of sign as my mind races trying to connect all the dots- to what, I'm not entirely sure, but I can feel the gears turning, thoughts processing, even if I am unable to make any sense of them. I keep my body situated close to Andy, not wanting to leave the comfort that comes with being so near to him. Andy's eyes gaze back into my own smiling ones, his lips parting slightly as he breathes out, "Snowden..." And I know that this is real.
It wasn't a dream, and I had kissed him- a wondrous kiss he had returned.
A light blush warms my cheeks, forcing the slightly chilled air away while reclaiming my seat on the couch, moving away from Andy almost shyly. It isn't as though I am feeling shy, more that I am unsure of what is to become of us now.

Silence. After Andy's lips parted to my name the air stilled, leaving no sounds save for the happenings outside my apartment. My mind goes on wondering if maybe the kiss had been a mistake. Loneliness could have been the cause of Andy partaking in the kiss. I initiated it, and if he had been lonely, he could have responded because I had been willing. It has come off as of late, seeming to be that Andy's feelings toward me have dissipated. If this is the case, then it seems there is no other logical excuse for why Andy fulfilled my fantasy by returning the gesture.
He is lonely. That's that. There will be no 'us.'
My head tilts down at its own accord as my teeth take to gnawing at my bottom lip, pulling my rings into my mouth time and again. What will he say about what has transpired between us?
Before I can voice any of my concerns, Andy leans forward, cupping my jaw with his hands. Gently he tilts my face up, forcing me to look into his icy-blue eyes overflowing with so much hope causing them to shine more than is typical. He searches my eyes for a moment before carefully capturing my lips with his own in a slow, soft kiss. Our lips move together as my hands come up to thread through his hair, tugging him closer- wishing for the moment to never end.
After what seems like seconds, but really was minutes, Andy pulls away, pecking my lips before pulling back fully to look at me. His hands fall from my face, but rest atop my forearms which are setting in my lap. "So, um..." I trail off before worrying my lip. Although he had initiated the second kiss, I still fear the worst of what is to become of us. He is a famous rock star, and I am a small town radio DJ. Would it even be possible for us to be together? Him in LA, and I here? How would that work...?
"We don't have to figure it out now," he whispers, as though reading my thoughts. "We have time," he assures me before standing up, reaching his hand out to help me up as well. With Andy smiling down at me, I take his hand, and stand up. Together we walk to our coats to bundle up before we step out into the December chill of Ashwood.

Snow flutters from the sky as we walk down the path leading us farther into the park away from the center of town. Where I really want Andy to see is on the outskirts of town only seen by walking along this path. It is quite a bit of a walk, but truly worth it in the end- especially during the wintery-snowy weather. A grin is plastered to my face the whole time, the slightly breeze blowing my scarf behind me while my cheeks burn red from more than just the Earthly elements as Andy had taken it upon himself to clasp my hand with his while we walk only adding to my ever-growing grin.
As we clear the trees, walking closer to the edge of the cliff, Andy gasps softly at the view before us. Snow covered forest as far as the eye can see save for the frozen river running nearly down the center of it all. The untouched snow glistening in the setting sun whilst the sky is painted rainbow with multiple shades of purple, blue, red, yellow, and orange. The reflection off the white snow leaving the whole forest looking like something out of a children's fantasy book.
With a look of awe on his face, Andy turns to me breathing the words, "Thank you," to me so quiet I barely hear it. Neither of us dare to disturb the scene before us until well after the sun has fallen below the horizon and the stars have started to shine above us. It is only then that we turn, heading back to my apartment making conversation of everything and nothing through the whole walk.
♠ ♠ ♠
No excuse.
This chapter is far from what I imagined when I started it, but I kind of forgot in the months it has been where it is that I wanted the chapter to go.
And then work started keeping me away from being able to write.
And then my high school sweetheart and I had gotten back together, so I have been spending time with him.

xB