Never Back Down

Snowden.

"Fuck!" I shout as I run down the halls to my respective studio. I know Mary isn't going to be pleased that I'm running late. She wanted me in the studio half an hour early to get a feel for the band before we went on air. She claims she would do it regardless of who was interviewing them, but I know it is her attempt to make me less.. For lack of a better word, against them. We'll see what happens.
So instead of being the half hour earlier that she wanted, I have ten minutes, tops, before my show starts. Yep, she is definitely going to yell when she sees me, which will be.. Now. "Snowden! Get your short ass in there! They've been waiting for nearly a half hour!" I make a face at her and open the door to my booth.
"I'm not short," I hiss, walking in backward as I keep my eyes on Mary. She glares and sharply points to the awaiting band, her way of -once again- telling me to 'get my short ass in there.' I stick my tongue out in reply before turning my attention to the once faceless band.
Now, I have no idea what I expected, but when I turned to see a group of Gothic Clowns sitting there, I nearly laughed. I figure I may as well be polite, but I did raise my eyebrow at their outfits. My eyes shifted from one member to the next, each making me feel more awkward than the next. Their eyes continued to stare at me, but they whispered amongst each-other. Something telling me it had something to do with me.
"I'm going to assume by your looks you listened to my show yesterday," I said around a laugh. The one who looked like a jester raised his eyebrow at me, smirking as he turned his attention to the one who had a line going across his face under his eyes. Deciding to ignore their looks before some snide remark comes out, I take my seat, placing my top hat next to me. I adjusted my glasses as I spoke, "Well, I'm sure you know I have no idea who any of you are. How about introductions?" The one next to me smiled with a nod of his head. He is the one with the line across his face and stitch looking things by his mouth, and the more I look at him the more familiar he looks.
"I'm Andy," he says after a moment, and it only adds to my confusion.
"Why do you look so familiar?"
The one sitting next to him, he has black streaks going down his neck, jumps in saying, "You probably saw him online. I’m Ashley."
"No, that's not it." I knew it wasn't online I'd see him. Well, maybe I had, but I know that isn't what I'm thinking of.
The one next to Ashley, the jester looking one, introduced himself as Jinxx. I think it fits him, and then the one who looked like a cheap Eric Draven knockoff introduced himself as Christian. Last, the one who, considering those around him, who looked the most 'normal' in costume introduced himself as Jake. I nodded, welcoming each of them, and as I'm about to introduce myself to them it hits me. I know where I had seen Andy before, and I know why his name sounded so familiar.
"You ran into me yesterday," I stated calmly, barely looking in his direction.
He smiled, "Yeah, sorry about that." I nodded just as Mary signaled the show was about to start.
"I'm Snowden, by the way," I got out before the 'On Air' sign lit up, and once again I'm speaking out to everyone in Ashwood. "Who's ready for some hits?" I ask into the microphone, knowing full well I won't get an answer, "Well, I've got 'em for you, but first! You'll never guess who's sitting next to me." I paused, winking at the group beside me. "You've got it guys, it's Black Veil Brides!" I couldn't hear it, but I know, without a doubt, that fans across the town squee'd in excitement. I have been in this town long enough to know that just knowing they can call in (or try to come into the studio) to talk to their favorite band. "I really need to know, why are you guys in Ashwood?" All the while I asked the question, I had my face tilted so I could watch the band; judge their expressions.
"What reason is there not to?" Jake asked, and I didn't hesitate to answer him.
"Are you serious? Ashwood is a boring, black-hole of a town. What's the real reason you're here?" I look up to grin at Mary as she glares at me. She seems to think the residents of the town will take offense to my words, but I know the majority of them agree with me. They stop me on the streets to say so. This is the reason Mary tries to make it so I don't talk often on my show. She hates my opinion, but she's stuck up most of the time.
"I'm sure it's gotten out by now-" Jinxx started to say, but stopped once he caught the 'are-you-serious' look I shot him.
"Everyone in this town knows everyone and everything about anything you possibly could. We all know you're playing at the high school, but why? That's what we don't know, and I'm sure even my listeners are wondering why as well."
Andy shrugs, "We were asked to."
"That's it?" I ask in disbelief. "There's nothing else to it?"
"Well, it's kind of one of those I know a guy who's dating a girl who's mom's cousin's brother's best friend's father is some big-wig with the school." He acted so nonchalant, like some big band showing up in the middle of no where is no big deal. I don't trust these guys.
"Right, okay, I cannot take you guys serious. What is up with the clown makeup? You guys look like gothic clowns all dolled up like that." I just have to know. Mary glared at me, once again, through the glass. I rolled my eyes at her, turning my attention back to the band. They were facing each-other, questioning looks on their faces.
Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed someone on the other side of the door, I looked to see Mr. Davis motioning for me to break. This cannot be good. "While these guys try to figure out the answer to my question, we're going to take a break. When we get back, we'll be taking calls." As soon as the commercial came out, and our microphones were cut for the moment, Mr. Davis opened the door and walked right over to me.
"Snowden, can I speak to you a minute?"
I nod, "Of course, Mr. Davis," and stand, following him out the door.
Let the scolding begin. One would think that seeing as I know it is going to come I would not do the things I do that cause me to get scolded in the first place, but I will never stop. He nor Mary can stop me (unless they fire me).
"Don't offend them! We want bands like this on your show more often. If you can't be civil we'll have to demote you."
"What the fuck? Seriously! This is ridiculous. I didn't offend them. It was an honest question, sir. I swear by it!" I gave me a disbelieving look in which I motioned for him to follow me. I walked back into the booth and turned my full attention to the band (who jumped apart from one another, like they'd just been caught doing [or talking about] something they shouldn't have been), "Did I offend you with my question?"
They looked toward one another before agreeing that, no, I didn't offend them. I turned back to Mr. Davis and stuck my tongue out childishly. "I told you so!" With that said, I sat back on my stool, and the show continued on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anything written in this story that speaks poor of the band is not my honest opinion of them, it is just how Andi and I decided Snowden would be.
There are probably mistakes. I don't doubt it any. I don't pay enough attention to my own works to notice (only others'). It is seven:thirty in the morning, and I am still awake (again). What a surprise. You get an update. I write best on little sleep.
If this is still confusing to you, send a message. I'll clear anything up that you think needs to be cleared up.
Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing.

xxBryy