Never Back Down

Snowden.

A few months have passed since Black Veil Brides have been here. These past few months have been insanely peaceful without Andy consistently bothering me. Why he has this.. Obsession with me, I'll never understand, but, thankfully, now I don't have to deal with it. He's gone, and I am finally able to have things 'normal.' I missed my simple life of spending days in my studio, speaking out to my listeners and playing music- my nights spent lazing around my apartment with a cup of coffee and a novel.
I allow a smile to grace my feature as I stroll through the park, taking in all the beauty of nature during spring. Warm, comfortable weather with gorgeous colors melting together into the plants before me. An enchanting melody floating through the subtle breeze, calming my every nerve. I follow the sounds of the acoustic, wanting to hear more. My eyes landing on the source of the music- a young boy, my age, give or take a year. A welcoming smile never faltering even as some passing glare at the attractive boy; his hair wore long, sandy-brown in color, slightly wavy, and pulled back at the nape of his neck; his eyes a cool grey, almost blue, incredibly light colored, but shaped oh-so-beautifully. Then there is his skin, the perfect olive color, showing off possible Italian root, and the muscular frame it stretched across; his height far more than mine, possible six foot- maybe a bit more. The clothes covering his figure fitted in all the right places, but still holding an 'I don't care' vibe mixed with a bit of 'modern hippy.' What isn't there to like about this gorgeous creature.
I bit my lip, taking a seat cross-legged in front of him. He smiles down at me from his seat on the bench, his strumming never faltering. The melody continuing on leaving a permanent grin on lips just from the calm it allowed to overtake my person. The mystery boy allowed the song to finish, fading the tune out in gentle strums and soft hums. Leaning over the side of his guitar he stuck his hand out, a motion for me to shake it. Gripping his hand, I shake it as his smooth, deep voice introduces himself, "I'm Reggie, and who might you be?"
"Reggie, huh?" I ask, ignoring his question, "I think it fits. Definitely sounds like someone who would sit in a park playing glorious music." I lean forward, placing my chin in my hand and my elbow on my knee, allowing Reggie to have my full attention.
He smiles again, his perfect, white teeth shinning brightly in the sun for the moments his smile last, pulling his kissable lips upward in the happy gesture. "Glorious music?" He softens his smile, closing his mouth to hide his pearls, but keeps his lips curved upward. "Don't think I've heard that one before." My mouth falls open slightly in disbelief, has no-one told him how wondrous his music is? I wonder.
"Never?" I ask, "But certainly you've been told great things about the beauty you are." I end my statement there, allow him to take my words however he'd like. His grin returns, him showing me those pearls once more as he sends a wink my way.
"Beauty I am, or that my music is?"
"Can it not be both?" I question, a playful undertone in my voice.
He chuckles, something incredibly happy sounding, a new taste of music to my ears. "You're cute, you know that?" I answer with a shrug, smile adorning my own lips. "You wan'a go get some coffee or something?" He packs up his guitar, looking at me, hope glistening in his pale irises.
"That sounds amazing." I stand, patting the dirt off the back of my jeans as Reggie grabs his guitar and bag. I readjust my glasses to fit more comfortably on my nose, and double check to make sure my hat still sat atop my head. Biting my lip I turn back to Reggie before we begin our walk, "I'm Snowden, by the way."
He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling my body closer to his as we walk. "Snowden," he tests out, allowing it to comfortably roll off his tongue. "I like it. It's cute. I think it's fitting." I grin up at him, resting my head against his shoulder as we continue our walk to the café.

Reggie held the door open, motioning for me to walk in before him. I smile my thanks to him before turning my attention to the café. The first thing I notice after entering the building is the person standing at the counter ordering something off the menu. My eyes widen, recognizing the tall, thin figure with long, teased black hair. The ripped skinny jeans, studded belt, cowboy boots, and slim-fit black t-shirt only helping to prove my assumption correct. I turn to Reggie, begging with my eyes for us to leave, afraid that if I speak he'll recognize my voice. "Something wrong?" Reggie asks. I shake my head, leaving the building without a word.
"Snowden?" Reggie shouts after me, I just barely catch it as the door shuts behind me. I know he heard Reggie, and I know he now knows I was there. It won't be long before he leaves the building looking for me.
I sigh, taking a seat on the sidewalk against the building. The door to the café opens, Reggie steps out, looking from one side to the other for me. Once he spots me, he walks over, taking a seat beside me. A sigh passes his lips as he leans his head back, looking toward the sky before muttering, "I didn't realize you're that Snowden." He then looks at me, laughing slightly with a shake of his head. My curiosity peaked because of his words, I mentally beg him to continue. "I should have known, though, right?" He licks his lips, turning his head to the door at the sound of it opening. A couple walks out; a young man holding the door open for his beautiful other, she smiles gratefully at him, pecking his lips in a kiss before they walk off hand-in-hand. Reggie looks back at me after the couple rounds the corner, but only more silence even as his attention is back on me.
"What do you mean?" I ask, my voice sounding small, even to my own ears.
"He's mentioned you in interviews and he's been tweeting about you," Reggie says, pulling his knees up to his chest, hugging them closer to him.
"But-" I cut myself off, not entirely sure what I want to say. "We aren't, and never were, together," I mutter.
"There's something about you, Snowden," Reggie states, looking off across the street at people walking through town. "You just get people hooked." I sigh, not entirely sure how to feel about any of this and rest my head on Reggie's shoulder.
The door to the café opens once again, this time the black clad giant steps out. Once he spotted Reggie and I he walks in our direction, a small whimper of my name passing his lips. It came out so quite I wasn't entirely sure I truly heard it, sounding more like wind passing my ears than a word. I don't know how to feel about him standing before me, budging his way back into my life. I was pleased with him gone, not feeling stalked walking around my home, but now he's back. Somewhere in the back of my mind I expected this, but now I don't know how to feel about it. Should I feel flattered that he has such strong feelings about me or annoyed that he won't leave me alone? I ask myself. Should I get a restraining order or..? I bite my lip, a bad habit of mine when things get to be too much for me. Chewing on the tender flesh I watch Andy with curious eyes. His attention fully on Reggie and how close I am to him. I can see the jealousy swarming around his icy irises, and I know he is wishing himself in Reggie position right now.
"Hi, Andy," I finally say after a moment of awkward silence. The air feeling incredibly thick, almost salt-watery as though the air were near ready to cry over the overwhelming awkward circle created around us. Andy seems shocked by the kind tone in my voice. I may not feel for Andy as he does me, but that doesn't mean I'm heartless. I know he's already hurting, and I'm not going to make it worse for him. I'm sure there are millions of people out there already wishing for my death, I'd rather them not actually hunt me down and do it for hurting their precious Andy Six..
♠ ♠ ♠
So.. For me, this is insanely long. Actually, I could have kept going, but I figure I'll leave Andi to write Andy's reaction in his point of view. He is her character after all.
There are forty-two of you subscribed to this story. I want to thank each of you for that. I'm pleased to know so many of you enjoy this that much. Andi and I do work really hard on it, and I swear, every time we talk this story is bought up. We are entirely dedicated to it, and I'm glad you guys are too.
I never really do this, but there is a story that I love. it's an Andy Six/original character slash, as well. It's written well, and is just all around an amazing story. I promise it will get you hooked. It's called Remember. I honestly think you should check it out.

xxBryy