‹ Prequel: Whole New Meaning

Into the Storm

Floating

"Why should I?" He asked, giving me a strange look.

"Because..." I sighed, "Eleven, right now, at this moment, if you want to stand any chance of escaping, you'll have to."

Eleven sighed, he knew I was right, whether he liked it or not.

"Nikki, how long has it been for you?"

"Uh-uh...." I replied, taken aback, I honestly didn't expect him to ask, "years, Eleven, I'm 21 now."

"21? Really?"

"Yes, has it been that long for you?"

Now, I know what you might be thinking, .Yes Nicole! It had been that long! What are you? Stupid?!' Well, to answer the question that you may, or may not have asked. Eleven's a Time Lord, (Well duh!), and this is a different dimension. I'm tossing around the fact that time might flow differently here.

"No,"Eleven replied, "its been only four months."

See? Told you, in this case, 1 year in our dimension, equals about 1 month in the labyrinth.

"Eleven, how are you still alive?" I asked, rubbing his shoulder.

"Barely," he replied, "some days, I wonder..."

"Here," I said, pulling a half-eaten granola bar from my pocket, "the first time you've seen real food in awhile, I imagine..."

What? So there just happened to be a granola bar in my pocket, between school, work, and life, that's completely normal.

"Thank you," Eleven said, gratefully taking the bar, and eating it, "First bit of real food indeed."

"What have you been doing this entire time?" I asked, sitting beside him.

"Running, mostly," he replied, finishing the bar, "all I really can do, considering my jacket is still missing."

"Aw..." I said, continuing to rub his shoulder, "you po--"

Before I could finish my sentence, a roar suddenly reverberated off the walls, causing then to visibly vibrate.

Eleven, and I looked at each other in surprise.

"Well," her said, taking my hand, "as long as you're here, you're not dying on me, comprende?"

"Yeah," I replied, "comprende."

Eleven stood up, and pulled me to my feet, nodding he took off running down the corridor, dragging me behind him.

Yeah yeah, I know, four months, and he's the one pulling me along. The best answer I can give you, is that he's not human.

Eleven turned a corner, and RAN RIGHT INTO THE MONSTER.

"Eleven?...." I asked.

"Don't you dare, say a word..." He semi-snapped, backing up.

However, as you might have guessed, the monster saw us, and began walking towards us, teeth just dripping with saliva.

Eleven started to noticeably breathe harder, like he was trying to figure a way out.

Suddenly, he turned, and took off running down a different corridor, dragging me behind him. The monster began chasing us, its footsteps making the floor shake.

The monster was gaining on us, closing the gap. Eleven turned another corner, desperate to get away from the monster, but arrived at a dead end.

He turned again to leave, but the monster appeared, blocking the way.

Eleven began backing up, pulling me along with him.

"Nice monster... Cuddly monste--"

"You really think that's gonna work Nicole?!" He snapped, cutting me off.

"Worth a shot." I replied.

Eleven just rolled his eyes, as we continued backing up, the monster coming ever closer.

Funny thing was, what do you expect when back up against a wall? A solid wall right? Well, when I and Eleven finally reached the wall at the end, when our backs pressed against it, the wall didn't feel solid, in fact it felt like nothing, we just fell through.

We found ourselves falling through vast nothingness, our at least, it seemed that way, there were millions of platforms floating around, and we landed flat on our backs, on one of them.

Surprisingly, it want even two seconds before Eleven wrapped his hand around me, pulling me closer to him, away from the edge.

Against his chest, if you were wondering.

Take from that, what you will.