‹ Prequel: Whole New Meaning

Into the Storm

Maybe

If you guessed: the way out, you're incorrect; a monster of any kind, also incorrect. If you guessed that we saw Eleven's jacket, again, you would be incorrect, (unfortunately).

Nope, instead, we saw copies of ourselves. Sounds a little anticlimactic, but that's what it was. Not that I could figure out what the motive was. Considering that the clones couldn't be there to fool us again. I mean, come on, there were so many things, that told us, that they were clones. One: Eleven was HOLDING me. Two: the clone Doctor was clean shaven, though he didn't have a jacket on, and three: my clone looked several years younger than me, (though, if we weren't in the same area, she could have been easily mistaken to be me, but the clone Doctor, not so much).

They just stood there, looking at us. Doing nothing.

"Doctor, what's going on?"

"I-i think they're copies from last time..."

We just stood there, all four of us, staring at each other. The Doctor and I, were debating on what to do, should we run? fight? Well.... the copies weren't doing anything, so fighting was out of the question, at the moment.

"What do, we do?" I whispered in his ear.

Eleven didn't answer right away, still looking at the copies.

"Eleven...?" I asked again, trying to be gentle, so he wouldn't suddenly snap at me.

Slowly, Eleven took a step back, still watching the clones. I closed my eyes, and hid my face in Eleven's neck, trying to ignore the grime that had collected on his skin, over the months.

Eleven took another step back, still watching the copies.

"Hold on tight, Nikki." I heard him whisper. Suddenly, Eleven turned around, and took off running. I kept my head buried in his neck, trying to keep hold.

Strange thing was, (well, not really), I heard this popping, then whooshing sound, followed by Eleven uttering a curse word.

Slowly, I lifted my head, and glanced behind me. The copies had dissolved back into their original state of ambiguous goo, and were now following us, bouncing off the walls, like ocean waves.

After awhile, Eleven turned a corner, skidded to a stop, (or tried), and shook his head.

"Damn..." He muttered.

Yep, Incase you haven't guessed, (but that was what? Two sentences? So probably not), he had turned straight into a dead end.

"Eleven, please put me down," I whispered, fully expecting him to object. But he didn't, and just let me slip off his back, onto the floor. We both turned around, watching the goo, as it came closer. Eleven grabbed my hand, and backed away, towards the wall.

However, (I assumed to his displeasure, surprisingly), the wall was solid. So, Eleven embraced me in a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around me.

Yes, in fact both of us, thought this was the end.

The goo creatures cames right up to us, and completely engulfed us. I felt like I couldn't breathe, (Well, I actually couldn't). Eleven wrapped his arms tighter, pulling me in closer.

But the creatures soon left, leaving us alone. Eleven and I pulled away from each other, just staring at the other, (I was actually looking at the goo left his hair. I felt some in mine). That was strange, what was that about? I didn't feel any different, and neither did Eleven.

Immediately, Eleven slid down to the floor, his back against the wall, and sighed. I sat beside him, drawing one leg against my chest.

Maybe coming back to the labyrinth was mistake, but it was one, I was willing to make. Eleven had to return home, he was supposed to marry River, and save his universe, by blowing it apart, (among other things). As for me, I wouldn't know, maybe I go home, maybe I stay here, I don't know.

I glanced at him, his face looked paler than before. I reached out to touch his shoulder, only to be met with Eleven suddenly cuddling against me, resting his head on my chest. I was taken aback, letting it sink in for a moment, before wrapping my arms around him, resting my head on his, and closing my eyes.