Care-Bear

Chapter 4

We did baths and showers again tonight, but I skipped my shower. Then once everyone was in bed, asleep, I went into the bathroom and got out the hair products I got at the drugstore next to the perfume store on Main Street. My almost black hair is almost to my butt. I have an excellent figure. A woman came to our school once, to teach a modeling class and she always used me as a example because I have the “model’s dream” as she puts it. Anyway I took the hair dye out of the bag and opened it. The color was classic blond. It looked more like a dirty blond to me, but oh well.

I read the box and saw that it took about an hour. I decided that I’d wait for morning, but then I read down some more and it said it was best to do it at night. So I dyed my hair blond and looked at it in the mirror 45 minutes later. It was a really pretty dirty blond, much better than I thought it would be. Then I put it in a low ponytail right at the base of my neck and got out the scissors. I cut it like two centimeters below the ponytail holder. Then I took the ponytail holder out and it fell right across my face. Next I took the scissors and cut bangs straight across my face. When I let the hair go, the bangs fell right on my eyelashes. It was really cute.

When I looked in the mirror after I had completed my makeover, I couldn’t tell it was me. I’d planned on that. I went into Kelsey and Sam’s room at about 11:30 PM and gently shook Kelsey. She didn’t wake up but I managed to get her to the bathroom and sit her on the toilet. I got out a second box of hair dye and dyed her hair. Then I just trimmed her already shoulder length hair. Then I put her back to bed. Then I got Sam into the bathroom and gave her the same treatment, but made them look like twins. I couldn’t even tell them apart when I saw them together except for the fact that I knew Sam was wearing a blue tank top and Kelsey was wearing a pink one.

Once I put her into bed, I had three down, one to go. I got Deryk out of bed and dyed his hair. Then since he had shaggy hair, I buzzed it to a really cute style. As I brushed the hair off of his shoulders, I thought about how we look completely different. I’m naturally short and skinny and the twins are naturally tall and skinny, so we look like triplets. Then Deryk just looks darn cute by himself. We were all green-eyed blondes now, I thought. I put him to bed and went to bed myself.

In the morning, my alarm didn’t go off at 7:00 because it was packed, but at about 7:15 AM, Kelsey and Sam’s screaming woke me. I ran to their room and saw them in front of the mirror. Kelsey had a really weird look on her face. Like she liked her new appearance, but she didn’t know how it happened.

“Do you like it?” I asked.

“I had a dream that you did something. At least I thought it was a dream,” Kelsey said to the mirror.

“I had the same dream.” Sam said.

“Well it wasn’t a dream, what do you think of me?” I asked them.

“Ummmmmmm…” Kelsey and Sam just stared at me. Not the reaction I had expected. Sam finally talked.

“Ummm… Who are you?” She asked.

“Kerri, Care-Bear…” I was cut off.

“Gorgeous.” Kelsey interrupted.

“Thanks.” I said excitedly. We were gonna make the best of our situation that I was sure of. I took a shower and blew dry my new hair so it looked extra crisp. I did really dark eyeliner and mascara with a glittery silver eye shadow. I had unpacked all of Kelsey, Sam, and my clothes and put our clothes in bags because I realized we had major money now. Then I put the boxes away and put the bagged clothes by the curb for good-will pick-up. When the twins saw that they flipped. I was putting lip-gloss on when Kelsey barged into the bathroom.

“What the hell did you do with all of our clothes?” She asked.

“Watch your mouth and we’re all getting new ones!” I said.

“We don’t have enough money to even get new cellphones.”

“Yes we do.” I explained all about the bank account and the safe.

“Oh my god. I don’t get it. Makeovers, new clothes. New life, much?” Sam asked.

“We have to let the people at our new home know that we are the new It girls and not to mess with us.” I said darkly.

“Oh.”

“Aunt Tina’s taking care of Deryk, Dad can take care of himself, so the million is ours.” I said.

“Okay.” The twins said in unison.

Then Kelsey got into the shower as I put on big giant silver hoops that were my mom’s from her teenage years. I put on a pair of faded jeans and threw on a white camisole. I added on an orange hoodie and slipped on a pair of white flip-flops just as the doorbell rang. It was Aunt Tina and a u-haul. When she saw me she wasn’t surprised at my appearance because she had only met me once and that was when I was a little baby. Deryk was up and ready when I showed the movers his room. When I saw him, he made a cute face, pointed at his hair, and gave me a thumbs-up. I guess that meant he liked it.
When everything was loaded into the truck and everyone gathered in the dining room, no one knew what to say. After a long period of silence, Aunt Tina told Deryk to say bye to his sisters.

“Bye Care-Bear, bye Kelsey the Melsey, bye Sam who likes ham.” He said. It was a long-standing joke between us. Then we hugged and laughed and cried. Good thing I wore waterproof mascara! Once we promised to see him at Halloween, they left. Once the door was shut behind them, the twins and I went into the family room where our dad was sleeping on the couch. I bent down and kissed him on the forehead. Kelsey and Sam did the same.

“Bye daddy. I love you.” Kelsey and Sam said in unison.

“Bye old man. See you later.” I said as I walked into the kitchen with the twins on my tail. We ate pop tarts and watched the morning news. Then Katie called and said she was on her way over Just then I remembered my dad was leaving too. So the three of us quickly ran upstairs and split up. Sam grabbed a smaller bag and did his toiletries, while Kelsey and I packed his clothes. I grabbed eight shirts and threw them to Kelsey who folded them and put them in his suitcase. I took seven pairs of pants and seven pairs of shorts and threw them to Kelsey as well. I grabbed eight pairs of socks and eight pairs of underwear and loaded them. When the doorbell rang I yelled for Kelsey to get his shoes and ran downstairs. I opened the door and it was Katie.
♠ ♠ ♠
??????????????????????????????????????????