Status: On hiatus.

Sunsets and Silhouette Dreams.

One.

I think my parents expected me to be more upset than I was at the news that we were actually moving to La Push, Washington. Dad told me slowly and cautiously, as if I was going to throw a fit. I mean, yes, I wasn’t looking forward to leaving behind my best friend Samantha. But honestly, I was perfectly okay with moving. La Push had the wolves in my dreams, and I had to see them with my own eyes at least once, to prove to myself that the dreams were real. Besides, Daddy said there was a beach near La Push, and I love beaches.

So I packed up all my stuff, said goodbye to Samantha, and invested in a cute raincoat. The worst part about the move was the flight.

Mom and Daddy kept looking at me during the flight. I was scared of heights, but I knew that wasn’t why. They kept expecting me to freak out about moving, especially Dad, who didn’t like the idea from the get go. But honestly, I was known for looking on the bright side of things, even moving across the country. Sure, I was leaving behind my hometown and best friend. But the possibilities were endless.

My parents and I talked on the car ride from Port Angeles to La Push. When I saw the sign, Welcome to La Push, my breath caught in my throat. It was real. My dreams… they really could be real.

Okay, I have no clue why I have the dreams. Seriously, it’s weird. Though Mom and Dad are Quileute and come from La Push, I was adopted, and therefore, I do not. I had never even seen the place. So really, I shouldn't see it in my dreams, or the freaky wolves that possibly live there. But I do. Especially the weird brownish wolf who is actually in Canada, I think. He freaks me out the most, since he has an expression on his canine face. His expression is I-hate-the-world-why-am-I-not-dead-my-God-just-kill-me-already.

Yeah. Try sleeping when you know you’ll see that behind your lids.

“This look like your dreams, Lu?” Daddy asked.

I nodded, staring at the pretty green landscape. “This is it.”

“There’s your school, Lulu,” Mom said, referring to me by my old nickname. I wrinkled my nose.

“Can’t I pretend school doesn’t exist?”

“No.”

Considering how they said that at the exact same time and it was freaky, I chose to not argue.

Dad pulled into the driveway of my new house, which belonged to his grandparents before they simultaneously kicked the bucket. He inherited it, but kept Mom and I in New Jersey. I didn’t like New Jersey, since fucking Snooki ruined it, but Dad always said he had his “reasons” for keeping us there. And while I could and often did when arguments with my father, they came with a price. I was wondering what the price of our latest debate would be.

“Lucy, dear, will you unload the boxes you can?” Dad asked. “Your mother and I have to go meet an old friend.”

Punishment, part one. At least the man is consistent. “Sure, Daddy.”

So he and Mom started walking to wherever it was they were going, and I started moving boxes. It wasn’t hard; most of the big, heavy stuff had been shipped down here when Dad first decided we were moving. My biggest concern was reading Dad’s awful handwriting to know where to put the boxes.

I guess people assumed the worst when I told them that I was adopted. Hell, I didn’t even have to tell them; it was obvious. Mom and Dad were Native American, and had the dark skin, eyes, and hair to show it. I was of probably Russian descent, with blonde hair, hazel-green eyes, and pale skin. So I’d always known I was adopted. But it never really mattered. Mom and Dad couldn’t have kids for one of Dad’s “reasons” so they adopted me. Said I stood out in the crowd of lonely kids at the orphanage. They raised me; I loved them. It was quite simple.

Sometimes, I wondered if I had dreams before I met Mom and Dad. I was one at the time, so I can’t remember, and Dad doesn’t think any of the social workers would either. Even Jane, the one I was named after.

Another thing I wondered was whether or not Dad knew more about the wolves than he was telling me. Daddy had kept secrets as long as I had known him, and Mom went along with it. I’d tried getting them out of the both of them before, but they wouldn’t budge. It pissed me off.

I took a deep breath, trying to clear my thoughts. Before I could relax, though, I spotted the wolf outside my window.

He was huge and rusty colored, just like in my dreams. Instead of the usual suicidal expression on his face, though, the wolf looked… annoyed. As if coming back home was some great irritation. I thought of going outside to look at the creature, but figured it was dangerous, so I stayed where I was.

When the wolf morphed into a human, though, I almost screamed. The giant wolf from my dreams quickly turned into a tall, tan, muscular boy. Who was naked. I could only see the back of him as he disappeared into the woods, but I couldn’t help from thinking, Nice ass.

As soon as the guy was out of my sight, I turned around, reaching a hand up to my mouth.

“Holy shit,” I whimpered.

My dream wolves were real. But they weren’t just wolves, they were werewolves or something. Wolves that could turn into humans. Mythical creatures. Things that shouldn’t exist, but apparently did.

Dad probably should’ve warned me of that.

A knock on the door forced me to move. When I opened the door, I was almost positive it was him. The boy who was a wolf.

He was gorgeous. Gorgeous enough to excuse the fact that he could morph into a giant wolf. He had the tan skin and dark hair my parents had, but his brown eyes were way more beautiful.

At first, his expression was one of annoyance, just like when he was a wolf. (I wondered what the mournful face looked on his actual, incredible face.) Once his eyes settled in mine, though, it changed. His whole face looked lit up from the inside, his eyes widened slightly, and a huge, goofy smile crossed his features. He looked like he was experiencing love at first sight or something.

“Um… who are you?” I asked after several minutes of staring at each other, trying to sound like I wasn’t experiencing heart palpitations.

The guy’s eyes widened more. “Oh, sorry. I’m Jacob, Jacob Black.”

“Hi, Jacob Jacob Black.” I grinned and shook his hand. “I’m Lucy.”

“Hi, Lucy.” He blushed and grinned, but shook back. His hand was freakishly warm and large, practically swallowing my little pale one. But somehow, I liked the touch, and the contrast of skin.

I smiled at him, hoping my gums weren’t showing too much. (I have a big smile. They tend to do that.) “So, what exactly are you doing at my house?”

He blushed. “Oh, your parents sent me down here. They’re at my house. But they said you might need help unpacking our something, so…”

“Well,” I said cheerfully. “It’s nice to have company. Want to help me?”

“Sure,” Jacob replied quickly. He really was cute.

We walked into the house together, and went into the kitchen, where I discovered that when I spotted him as a wolf, I dropped a glass, which had shattered.

“Find a broom and sweep up the broken glass, please.”

Jacob did as he was told, humming a little under his breath while he did so. I admit, I kept peeking at him out of the corner of my eye when I saw he wasn’t peeking at me. He was so freaking tall, practically a giant. His shoulders were broad, his hands large; everything about this guy was big. I felt even smaller than usual.

“So, Jacob,” I said, still cheerful, despite the fact that he had to be that freaking wolf. “Tell me stuff.”

He chuckled. “Stuff? What kind of stuff?”

I shrugged, still putting dishware up in cabinets. “Stuff about you, your family, friends, the town, whatever. I’m new here, and have decided I’m forcing you to be my friend. So, tell me stuff.”

Again, the guy laughed. “Well, you already know my name. I’m seventeen -”

I interrupted him. “No seventeen-year-old is that tall. You’re a liar.”

“I can show you my birth certificate, if you want,” He grinned. Then he continued filling me in on essentially his life story. It was pretty interesting despite being kind of typical. Except for how the girl he loved, Bella, married another man named Edward Cullen.

“Do you still love her?” I asked.

He paused for only a moment before replying, “No. Not anymore.”

I smiled, simply because the relieved smile on his face was lovely. “I was in love once, I guess. His name was Adam. Adam Waters. He was great, until one day he wasn’t.”

Jacob’s dark eyes watched me put up picture frames intently. “I’m sorry.”

The frown that had found it’s way onto my face disappeared. “Don’t be. It isn’t your fault.”

“Girls like you shouldn’t be hurt, though.”

“Luckily, I’m usually not. I’m annoyingly cheerful,” I informed him cheekily.

He laughed. “You aren’t annoying me.”

“Give it a week.”

He laughed again, but right as he did, the room started pulsing. Oh, fantastic, I thought. Just what I wanted.

“I’ll be right back,” I mumbled to Jacob, hurrying to the bathroom where he couldn’t see. I sat down on the floor as the colors in the small area started shifting. Closing my eyes, I leaned against the wall, preparing for what came next.

They were in the woods. The members of the pack all stood together, glaring at a bronze-haired, beautiful boy. Even their breathing seemed angry.

“You’re breaking the treaty, Cullen,” Jacob hissed.

“These woods are not part of your reservation, Jacob,” The man said coolly. “Besides, what I have to say involves your girl, Lucy. You might want to listen.”

“If you hurt Lucy, it will be the last thing you ever do, bloodsucker.” Jacob’s teeth were gritted. His friends stood around him, almost protectively.

“Oh, I won’t hurt her. But the Volturi might.”


The vision ended abruptly, leaving me with a slight headache and a handful of questions. Cullen… that must’ve been Bella’s husband. What treaty was Jacob talking about? Why did Edward call me Jacob’s girl, and why did Jacob call him a bloodsucker? Most importantly, who were the Volturi, and why would they want to hurt me? As usual, the vision left me with more questions than answers.

I guess I shouldn’t have been so freaked out that Jacob was a werewolf. After all, I was a psychic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to my ten subscribers, and three commenters! You're all lovely. (: <3
I tried to make this kind of funny. How did I do? And what do you think about Lucy being psychic?