Status: On hiatus.

Sunsets and Silhouette Dreams.

Six.

Image

There was nothing that sucked more than having a vision in school. It was an instant way to ruin the rest of the day for me. So I had to hold back a groan when a week after I’d started school, my calculus class started to blur, and not just from a number overload.

Yvonne glared at me as I raised my hand and asked if I could use the restroom. Every time she saw me, she gave me a dirty look, but I had bigger concerns than jealous bitches that particular day. Still, I was relieved to hurry away from her angry gaze.

Luckily, the bathroom was deserted. I looked myself in a stall and sat on the toilet seat, closing my eyes and preparing for whatever I had to see that time.

The apartment was small and dark, a few candles being the only light. A pale, beautiful blonde man sat in a chair, while a blonde woman sat next to him.

“Icarus, I worry about her,” The woman said desperately.

Icarus laced his white fingers together. “Do I need to remind you, Meredith, that you’re the one who gave her away?”

“I was scared I was going to kill her!” Meredith cried. “After the accident…”

“I know,” The man said gently. “But she’s got a family now. I have heard from the Cullens. She is fine.”

“Icarus…” She begged. “I’m scared for her. I had a vision…”

“I took away your visions after the accident,” Icarus said firmly. “You couldn’t have.”

“I still have them!”

“Fine, Meredith. I’ll go to Forks and see her, if it makes you feel any better, you stubborn woman.”

Meredith suddenly hugged him. “Oh, thank you Icarus! Thank you!”

Icarus grumbled a response.


I’ve got to stop having visions about people I don’t know.

Except that the woman, Meredith, looked familiar. She looked like… well, she looked like me. Was Meredith my mother? If so, who was Icarus? He was obviously a vampire, but what did my biological mother have to do with vampires? And was he really going to follow me?

I flushed the toilet (I hadn’t done anything, but if someone else came in, it’d look bad to walk out of the stall without doing it) and walked out. And of course, freaking Yvonne was standing at the sink with her arms crossed.

“Stalker,” I commented as I started to wash my hands.

“What were you doing in there?”

“Sexting Jacob.” Lying to Yvonne was always fun, because she was beyond jealous.

Sure enough, she gasped. “Whore!”

I smirked as I dried my hands, then walked out of the bathroom. As usual, I had bigger things to worry about then her.

Like, for example, the fact that apparently, my mother had visions. Icarus had stopped them, as well, or so he said. Whoever he was, could he do that for me? And could I have gotten the visions from her?

Meeting Meredith was crucial now. Wherever my biological mother was, I had to talk to her, and find out what I could about my visions, and maybe what I could do to stop the Volturi. But my vision had skipped out on an important piece of information: where Meredith and Icarus were.

I was as lost as always.

Image

Jacob drove me home from school that day in the Rabbit, because I was scared to ride the motorcycle in the rain. He seemed nervous, drumming his hands against the steering wheel, but I was too lost in my own thoughts to pay much attention.

Was Meredith even my mother? We looked alike, the same blonde hair and green-hazel eyes. But what if she wasn’t? What if Icarus was referring to a different girl, and not me? Who else was in Forks, though? It had to be me. Didn’t it?

“So,” Jake said, startling me. “There’s a new movie out, Love and Other Indoor Sports.”

“That’s cool,” I said absently. Why didn’t Icarus eat Meredith? Were they like Bella and Edward?

“Do you want to see it with me this weekend?” He peeked at me hopefully. My eyes remained forward, staring at the rain.

I wrinkled my nose. “I don’t like chick flicks.”

“Oh.” He seemed disappointed, though it didn’t occur to me why. “We could go see something, if you want…”

I sighed. “Not this weekend, Jake. I’m busy.” That wasn’t true, but I knew I’d be spending the weekend trying to find out everything I could about my biological mother.

“Oh, alright,” He mumbled. For the rest of the car ride, he was silent and depressed. If I had half a brain, I would’ve noticed, but my mind was too crowded to worry about that. Meredith and Icarus seemed more important than the boy who suddenly was acting like a kicked puppy. (Or wolf.) It worried me a little when he dropped me off, but didn’t walk to me to the door like he always did. I didn’t realize what was his deal until I’d walked into my bedroom.

“Oh my God, I’m so stupid!” I cried out loud. “He was asking me out! Shit!”

Mom poked her head in the door. “Who asked you out?” She asked impishly.

“Jake!”

“Did you say yes?”

“No!” I groaned, sitting in my bed. “I was thinking about… uh, a calculus test, and I didn’t really notice what he meant.”

Sometimes, I wondered if telling my parents about my visions would be a good idea. Dad was already freaked out enough about the dreams, I knew. I’d tried to hide those, but I couldn’t. If I told Mom, she’d tell him. Still, it sucked having to come up with excuses on the fly like that. A calculus test, as if.

“You like him, don’t you, Lucy?” Her dark eyebrows were scrunched in confusion.

“Yes!” I said despairingly. I laid down on the bed and covered my face.

She laughed softly, then left me to my misery. Instead, I called Rae Anne. She was smart, she’d know what to do. I hoped.

“Hola,” She answered.

“Rae, I’m a fucking dumb ass!” I lamented.

“What did you do?” Her tone was one of amusement.

“I turned down Jacob!”

“Yeah, Seth told me,” She said. They were dating already, despite only knowing each a week and a half. Even I had to admit, though, they were cute together. And thankfully, they were taking it slow. I think if I ever heard them talking like Rachel and Paul, I’d puke my guts out.

I sputtered for a moment. “God, how does news spread around this town so fast?!”

“No clue. But Jake was pretty upset,” Rae Anne informed me.

I groaned again. “Of course he was. I freakin’ rejected him!”

“Why don’t you call him and fix it?” Rae Anne suggested sensibly.

“I’m embarrassed,” I admitted. “Besides, what if he thinks I’m just saying yes out of pity or something?”

“I don’t know what to tell you then, Lucy,” Rae said. “Apologize, maybe? But I gotta go, Seth is calling.”

“’Bye,” I grumbled.

I hung up the phone, contemplating. Calling Jacob was a smart idea, but I was too much of a coward. And like I pointed out to Rae, what if he thought it was a pity date? I’d hate that. He was so sweet, and I’d feel terrible if I hurt him. I already did feel terrible.

But who was Meredith and Icarus?”

Jumping out of bed, I ran downstairs, where Mom was starting dinner.

“Mom, what was the name of my biological mother?” I asked, unsure what I wanted the answer to be.

“Meredith Clarke,” Mom told me without hesitation. She never withheld information from me about my past.

“Who was my father?” If it was Icarus, I was going to scream.

“I don’t know, honey. Why?” She turned to look at me, her big dark scanning mine intently.

“Just curious,” I mumbled, slinking back up to room, where I could think in piece.

So Meredith was my mother. Icarus, obviously, was not my father; I wasn’t half-vampire, like Renesmee. I shouldn’t have even considered it, but my mind was a little fried. Still though, who was he? How did he take away my mother’s visions, if he did? And God, was he really following me?

I covered my face with my hands. Between Jacob, my visions, the Volturi, and freaking Yvonne, I was amazed my head didn’t explode.
♠ ♠ ♠
That banner was made by [url=http://member.mibba.com/23662/]somerhalder;. Thank you dear!

This one took longer than the last one. I'm having trouble updating this, because of my new original story. (It's not posted; I'm not sure I will. Original fiction doesn't get much appreciation on this site, which discourages me.) But if any of my dear readers wants to bug me about updating to sort of remind me, I will not mind.

Thank you, thank you, thank for making this eight stars!