Sequel: Next Chapter
Status: CHECK OUT THE SEQUEL :D

Take Me by Surprise, It Will Blind Me

Hey Moon, Please Forget To Fall Down

The rest of the day was spent by bawling my eyes out with Amy and Feranix, secluded inside my bedroom. All the three of us excused ourselves from work early and luckily, our bosses understood. I was still dressed but my mascara was already running down my cheeks. Empty pints of Ben&Jerry's scattered around the floor and even two boxes of Famous Amos cookies. 

"I don't know how much we're gonna weigh when we walked out from this room.", Feranix joked while having a spoonfull of Red Velvet cake Ben&Jerry's in her mouth.

I chuckled and wiped the tears and mascara with the back of my hand. "Now I know how it feels to have this kind of thing.", I picked up a cookie and took a bite. "I feel like an idiot for trusting a guy."

"Hey don't say that.", Amy nudged me lightly on the rib."It's part of life, kay? You fell and pick yourself back up."

"But Ame, for my 20 years of existence, dating is like a sin and I played with fire, got myself burned and now, I'm wounded."

"The Dareen I know doesn't give up that easily.", Feranix smiled. "Dareen Turner is one major bitch who could pick herself up from the ditch and you're a maneater, not the victim!"

"Hey!", I protested and slapped Feranix's arm as she laughed. When we calmed down, we heard the front door bell rang. Amy narrowed her eyes and jumped off from my bed, dashing to the foyer. Feranix and I could hear the door swung open and then, Amy sounded angry.

I got out, followed by Feranix, to the foyer. When we got there, we saw Amy and Eric argued. "What's wrong?", I asked as I put my hands on each of their shoulders to prevent something violent. 

"Tell your best friend to stay away from mine!", Amy spat to Eric with wide glare. It was saddening to see my friend defended me until she had to argue with her boyfriend. I knew Eric didn't have anything to do with it, so Amy didn't have any right to get mad over Eric. 

"I don't take sides! I actually didn't know about Cameron and Trish are still together! He told me the same thing, okay? Probably because you're Dareen's best friend and I'm dating you!", Eric defended himself. It got so tensed up until I had to let my hands go and leaned back onto the wall.

"How would I know that you're not a lying slick like Cameron?! You guys are friends and--", before Amy could even continue her words, I punched the wall behind me loudly to make them stop, and they did. Both of them looked at me and I just looked back at them. 

"Don't you dare to continue your argument.", I said sternly. My vision was getting blurry because of the tears that stung my eyes for the millionth time today. "As far as I remembered, you both are madly in love with each other and now you're fighting just because of my problem with Cameron."

They just looked at me and I couldn't hold back the tears anymore so I let them fall. "Dareen... We're sorry.", Amy spoke up and took a step ahead before stroking my back in a calming manner. 

"Dareen, I swear I don't know any single thing about Cameron and Trish... I'm sorry.", Eric said in a low voice. I nodded slightly and sniffled. It was too much to bear for a day so Feranic led me to the living room, followed by Eric and Amy, made up already.

All of us settled in on the couch except for Feranix who went into the kitchen to make tea. I leaned back onto my seat and spaced out. My mind was like a over stuffed trunk; it could explode any minute. I've told Amy and Feranix about the reality show and they supported me 100%, but still, I'd feel bad for leaving them. Amy told me it would be a fresh start, especially with what was going on right now.

"Some comforting tea would do.", Feranix smiled a little as she placed a tray of mugs on the coffee table. "Everyone should just relax." 

Eric was the first one to reach out a red mug and took it. "I'm really sorry, Dareen. I didn't know a thing about Cameron and Trish."

I nooded slightly. "S'okay. I think this is a sign that I'm gonna be single for life."

"Not again.", Feranix rolled her eyes. "Come on, Dare, guys would fall from the tree for you. You'll come around."

"But even if they'd fall from trees for me, I wouldn't want them."

"It's life, Dareen. This is just a part of it, you gotta get back to the game. Remember 'to win the race, you gotta be a part of the race'?", Eric preached. I rolled my eyes playfully and Eric stuck his fist out, offering me a fist bump that I gladly accepted.

All of us chuckled in unison and then, the door bell rang again. This time, I was the one who stood up and got the door. When I opened it and the door swung open, it showed someone who I really despised at the moment; Cameron. Without anymore words, I quickly closed the door but his foot held it. "What the fuck do you want?!"

"Dareen, please just listen to me.", he begged. "Dareen... Please."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Should I listen to him? What could he even explained anymore? I didn't know what came over me that made me opened the door. Cameron stood there, soaking wet, probably because he was drenched in the heavy rain that I didn't even notice. His cheek was swollen with a fading hand print on it.

"Explain.", I said sternly before crossing my arms across my chest. 

He sighed. "I have to admit it... Yes, I lied to you. Trish told you the truth, but Dareen, when I said I love you, I meant it. Ever since that night, I wanted to break up with Trish because she drove me crazy and I've been wanting to be with you ever since high school. All these times, I was trying to get contact with you again but the yearbook only had your old house's number, I lost you, but now I found you. Can I have you back?"

Before I could answer, Amy, Feranix and Eric popped out behind me. They were shooting daggers with their eyes to Cameron. "You have 5 seconds to go fuck off, Leahy, before I cut your balls off.", Amy hissed.

"Guys.", I protested. "He comes in peace."

"So you just forgive him like that?!", Feranix scoffed. "He has a smooth mouth but I know you're actually a big bad wolf!", she pointed to Cameron.

"Dareen...", Cameron pleaded. His eyes were glitsening and I could see his teeth clattering because of the cold. My bodyguards couldn't see that, obviously, because they were so busy wanting to cut his balls off.

"I'm sorry, Cameron. I need time.", I muttered. Amy and Feranix smiled proudly before pulling me into the foyer and slammed the door shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another irrelevant title, but i'll fix it on Monday when i'll be back home to Indonesia, hahaha
comment/subscribe?
<3