Sequel: Next Chapter
Status: CHECK OUT THE SEQUEL :D

Take Me by Surprise, It Will Blind Me

Are We Denying A Crisis Or Are We Scared Of Admitting It?

Today was the longest day I've ever went through. A lot of future brides came into the boutique with their moms to find their dream gowns and I decided to be the one who served them, to get my mind off Cameron. When they tried out the gowns in front of the 3 angle mirrors and their surprised gasp on how they looked in them, I even spaced out to imagine what if I was the one who tried out the gowns. Never in my existence, I ever thought or imagine myself getting married. Marriage to me was like an abomination, it wouldn't last long or forever like those fairy tales my mom used to tell me when I was little.

It had been months since the last time I visited mom up at Maine, in her little house, where she lived alone only with Buster, our faithful dog. After what happened to her, she secluded herself up there, insisting me to stay in Virginia ever since I graduated high school. When I told her I didn't believe in love back in high school, she told me that no matter what happened to her, wouldn't happen to me; but I denied her, telling her that it could.

"This is it!", The future bride gushed and moved from side to side, making the gown swayed. "I found my gown!"

I smiled and helped her out from the gown, receiving a hug from her after it. The gown was floor length and it was the one-shoulder Greek goddess style with crusted rhinestones for the shoulder and the waist. It was amazing and breathtaking, even I would wear it for my wedding. My feet stopped and I shook my head, trying to shake off the thoughts. What was I thinking?! Marriage was a big no!

After getting the gown into a garment bag, I gave it to the future bride with a heavy heart after she paid it with her Centurion credit card. She walked out from the boutique with her mom following her trail and I sighed. "That was really an amazing gown.", I muttered.

"Thinking of getting married, boss?", Stacy teased and giggled as she straightened a dress.

I rolled my eyes. "Not in a million years.", I lied smoothly. All I had in my mind was Cameron and how I could get his apology. Every call I made went straight to his voicemail and I've left probably a million messages, saying I was sorry and I wanted to talk to him and he should pick up my phone. What if he did something stupid? Or reckless?

The sunlight turned into twilight and then it turned 7 PM. Some of the last customers were hard pickers; they needed an hour to find the right gown. Amy even waited at my office while I had to be at the shop for the future brides. When they were done, I rushed to my office and got my things into my bag. "So, where are we going for dinner?"

"Uh, Dare, don't be mad, but...", Amy trailed off. I turned to her and furrowed my brows, waiting for her to continue. "There's a party... Over at David's place..."

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. "Do we have to go there?", I muttered. "There's a huge chance Cameron will be there! He'll kill me!"

"No, he won't, Dareen. It's your chance to talk to him.", Amy pointed out. "Besides, if he's not there, you could have a couple drink, loosen up."

We got into a staring contest until I surrendered, letting Amy to drag me to the car without anymore argument. The drive was filled with Fall Out Boy playing in medium volume and both of us sang along to "Sugar We're Going Down". When we got to David's house, the curb was filled with cars, parked in a single line. There were a couple of cars parked at the curb across from the house. We parked at the end of the curb and walked towards the house. The front yard was trashed with toilet papers, red cups, and even puke. It was only 8, but the party was already under its way.

The inside of the house smelled like alcohol, cigarettes, weed, and sweat. People were talking to each other in the foyer, but when you get to the living room, it was turned into a dance floor with Cobra Starship's Hot Mess playing from the big stereo in the corner of the room. Some people were grinding against each other, making me cringe at the view. We made it to the kitchen and saw Feranix taking a shot of whatever.

"Hey guys!", she exclaimed and waved her hand wobbly towards us. "You made it!", she chuckled drunkenly.

"I see someone already having fun.", I laughed and took one of the red cups before pouring some vodka into it. "Who were you with?"

Feranix giggled some more before pulling David by the collar of his shirt. "David picked me up from work.", she hiccuped. "Weren't you, David?"

"Yeah.", he smiled like an idiot and took a swig of his drink. "Your friend's hot, Amy!", he exclaimed and pointed at Feranix. They both were trashed and I had a feeling both of them would get lucky tonight.

"You're hot too, David!", Feranix added and did the most unthinkable; she crashed her lips against David's, still pulling him down by his collar. They went into a make out session right in front of Amy and I. We kept it cool even though it was pretty disturbing. I took a sip of my drink and decided to wander around, so did Amy. She was trying to find Eric. The living room was a big no because there was a chance some drunken dick would offer me to dance, or in another hand, grinding. The backyard was more clearer, even though it wasn't that clear anyway. Some people were swimming, chatting around the pool or even lounging at the pool chairs. I saw a couple sneaked into the pool house to get some privacy.

I examined the people who were lounging around the chairs and almost choked from my drink when I spotted one of them. It was Cameron and he had his eyes closed, so he didn't see me. I rushed back into the house and to the kitchen. Better stayed in rather than getting my throat chewed off by him. Eventually, my friends left me with their guys and I poured more drink into my cup until the room around me blurred and spun around.

My head fell back when I took my 10th shot and I slammed the glass onto the island counter. It was too much and I had to find a bathroom. I walked through the crowd and tried to contain my balance so I wouldn't fall. When I made it to the bathroom, it was locked and I could hear Amy's name being moaned from inside, so it was best to not try to get in. I turned around and my feet couldn't take it anymore, so I leaned back onto the door and fell onto the floor.

"Dareen?", someone called me. I looked up and grinned when I saw Cameron. I was under the influence, so I had no control of me whatsoever.

"Heya, Cam!", I exclaimed. "Help me up, Pwease?", I pouted childishly and stuck my arms out to him so he could help me up. He looked at me for a moment before taking my hands and pulling me up. "You're a sweetheart."

"What happened? Where are Amy and Feranix?"

I shrugged my shoulder and stood wobbly. "I don't know. They left me because they're gonna get laid.", I laughed and slung my arm around his shoulder. "I'm tired, Cammy. Can you take me home?"

He pursed his lips and nodded after a few moment of thinking. I giggled drunkenly as he led me through the swirling crowd and out to the front yard of the house. Cameron's car was parked in the driveway and he got me into the passenger seat, buckling my seat belt. After he got into the driver seat and turned on the ignition, he drove off. "You should lean back.", he offered.

"My head hurts.", I moaned and got the seat down. "Are you still mad at me, Cam?"

"A bit.", he answered without taking his eyes off from the road. If I wasn't drunk, I'd be saying things so he would forgive me, but my head was pounding so hard, I couldn't string some words into a sentence.

We got to my apartment building in no time and he helped me out from the car. All the way up to the apartment, I had my head on his shoulder because apparently, my neck couldn't support my heavy head. When the elevator opened to the hallway, I was about to walked out when Cameron stopped me by my wrist. "What's wrong?", I asked, already getting half of myself back.

"I'm scared I would do something if I walk you to the door.", he confessed and looked me deeply in the eyes.

"Cameron... What's wrong?", I demanded. The elevator door closed and we just stood there, without the elevator moving up or down because no one pushed a button in the other floors. "Just tell me what's wrong..."

I moved closer to him and we were only inches apart. "If only you know how I feel about you all these years..."

"Tell me, then.", I breathed. Suddenly, he leaned closer and pressed his lips on mine. I backed up until I was pushed against the elevator door. Cameron pushed the 'open' button and we went out to the hallway. When we got to the apartment's door, we had to pull apart so I could open it. After it was opened, we stumbled in.
Image
The birds chirped outside as they rested on the windowpane. The sunshine streamed into the room through the curtains and it hit me on the face. I groaned and pulled the covers to my face. My foot touched something warm and when I rubbed it once more with my foot, my eyes shot open.

I turned around slowly and carefully. It felt like my head got hit by a thousand bricks when I found out who was sleeping next to me; Cameron. He had his mouth slightly open as he snored lightly. I wanted to scream but he looked so serene. I managed to slid out from the bed and grabbed a t-shirt and shorts before walking on my toes out from my room. When I got out, I found Amy in the kitchen with her head resting on her hand and her elbow propped on the table. "Morning."

She looked up to me and nodded slightly, but then groaned. "Ugh, I hate having a hangover."

"Say it for yourself.", I muttered and sat across from her. "How did you get home? Last time I heard about you was in the bathroom... By someone's moan..."

"You heard that?", her head snapped up and her blood shot eyes widened. "You seriously heard that?"

I shrugged my shoulder and she groaned again, burry her face on the table. "Where's Feranix?", I asked her.

Before she could answer, we heard a door creaked open and our heads turned to the hallway. Someone walked out from Feranix's room and it turned out to be David, only wearing his jeans. He rubbed the back of his head as he crossed the hallway to the bathroom. When he got in, all Amy and I could do was exchanging glances. "What happened last night?"

"Guessed all of us got lucky.", Amy took a huge swig of the water she had in a glass all these times. "But... How about you?"

My cheeks reddened and I looked away, but Amy wasn't that easy to be fooled. "Dareen... Who do you have in your room?"

"No one.", I answered, barely moving my lips. We got into another staring contest before Amy jumped out from her seat and ran over to my room. "Amy! Amelia!"

She grinned and when she got to my door, she swung it open with all of her force, but it hit someone behind the door. "Fuck!", the victim exclaimed. Amy's eyes widened when she recognized the voice. We backed up a step and let him to walk out from the room. Cameron walked out fully dressed, but he looked like he was a sleep deprived. "Couldn't hit it harder than that, huh?"

"Sorry.", Amy rolled her eyes. "So... Did you guys... Ya know... Last night?"

I exchanged glances with Cameron and he just grinned. "Well, Apparently, yes."

Amy looked like she was about to burst into tears. She just grinned and left us to her room. Was it that touching that I had sex with a guy? I mean, I've had plenty of one night stands back in the past. Probably Amy thought this one was... well, different. "Do you want to stay for breakfast?"

"I was thinking, do you wanna go out for breakfast?", he asked with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and walked into my room to change. I didn't know what was our relationship right now, but I was scared to admit that Amy was right; I stared to fall for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This could be longer, though, but it's already midnight and I have to go to bed because I'm getting my report card in the morning. FINGERS CROSSED! I'M NERVOUS!
Lia was being lakhfdksadhflksadfg when i told her i'm excited for this chapter, hahaha, well, here ya go!
comment/subscribe?
<3