Ghost

The Trip

Spectre

Chapter 2: The Trip

Recap:

"Where do you think she'd go?" I asked Jubilee thought for a minute, before she answered Siryn came out of one of the classrooms with a small boy wearing glasses. I'd seen him before, but I didn't know what his powers are. "Siryn have you seen Kitty?" She pointed down the corridor, towards the exit, that leads to the lake. We thanked her and speed walked out the door. We spotted Kitty on one of the benches near the lake and the forest.

"You alright Kitty?" I asked, as we took the seats next to her, she shook her head before resting it on her folded arms.

"Come on tomorrow, you can show her." Jubilee said, patting her shoulder.

"Yeah, you've just got to try and impress my brother on the field trip." I added she looked at the both of us sceptically.

"And how am I supposed to do that?" she asked, angrily.

"Bobby is easily impressed."

Claire's P.O.V

"Where are we going again?" I asked Jubilee as she sat straightening her hair; Kitty was sat next to the window she was still sulking over the fact that Bobby had picked Rogue over her. I don't even know why Bobby had picked Rogue…sure she may be a nice person once she stops whining or complaining or screaming at you about the fact she's a mutant…aren't we all here…and sure she can't touch people, but at least she can bloody see or hear everything around her.

"One of the natural history museums, I think…can't remember the name…" Jubilee replied, as she finally put the straighteners down on the windowsill, she was about to come up with a plan that would…well hopefully cheer up the depressive Kitty who was now idly filing her nails. "And after that it's Kitty's time to shine."

"What have you got in mind?" I questioned as I picked up my bag for the day, and then my jacket. Jubilee and Kitty also grabbed their things and we exited the room. John was outside waiting for us…well me, he kissed me on the cheek and we began to walk down to the courtyard. John was also going to help us, he didn't like Rogue either…well the two despised each other actually.

"Well, first of all we'll get you all dressed up…" she began before being cut off by John who added his thoughts to this plan of action.

"You mean dress down, if you want to impress Bobby it's better to show off a little." He added, I shook my head, that was most likely true my brother was just the average teenage boy…well mutant teenage boy and his hormones were all over the shop, he'd probably not resist Kitty in some slightly skimpy…but not too revealing outfit.

"Well, first we shall pick out an outfit that will definitely get his attention; John will send him to the rec room. Claire and I shall then run interference and once John's job is done he shall also help us make sure Rogue never susses anything out." Jubilee finished, Kitty contemplated the idea before nodding in agreement a smile on her face. It was nice to see her smile, a depressive Kitty was not a fun Kitty to be around.

"Sounds good." I said, before thinking of the one thing that could throw a spanner in the works. "What if Bobby tells Rogue?"

"Got that figured out too." Jubilee explained as we bordered the bus, "John catches him before Rogue can and explains that he should never explain what just happened unless he were to break up with Rogue."

We all sat down taking the back row of seats up, Kitty looked surprisingly more upbeat though that was about to change. Her face dramatically dropped as she spotted Bobby and Rogue came onto the bus, they smiled and came to sit in the two seats in front of Kitty and I.

"Hi, guys." Rogue greeted, we mumbled our replies, trying to be as polite as possible after all if we upset her Bobby probably wouldn't talk to us for weeks maybe even never again, because I doubt I would ever be able to forgive him if he hadn't talked to me for years just because of a girl he was with. The journey to the museum continued in awkward…well it wasn't silence just it was awkward chatter, coupled with John flicking his lighter on and off continuously. This to our delight annoyed Rogue to the end of her tether and she just had to have a pop a John.

"Will you quit flicking that goddamn lighter for Christ's sake!" She shouted, loud enough for us to know she was angry, but not loud enough for the Professors to hear her. John simply shrugged at her and continued flicking the lighter.

"You'll just have to get used to it." He simply replied, I could tell by the look of her face that she was absolutely fuming; Bobby intervened and calmed her down. After a couple more minutes we arrived at the museum, Bobby and Rogue ran off somewhere leaving the four of us, however soon enough Piotr joined us with his mate Jamie…unfortunately John hated the living daylights out of him, so we bid Kitty and Jubilee goodbye, though we were going to meet back up with them after the trip was finished. We then went on a hunt through the museum to find Bobby and Rogue. It didn't take us long, they had only reached the food court next to an exhibit that Storm was taking some students round. We all grabbed a table, and queue all the idle chit chat between us all, and of course John flicking his lighter continuously.

After a couple of minutes, some absolute assholes came over and I swear they were totally perving at me and Rogue, this pretty much pissed both Bobby and John off. They asked John for a light, and John being John wanted to piss these guys off as much as he could.

"My brother just asked you for a light, why are you being such an ass?" The boy asked snidely, John just laughed as the other boy agreed with his brother; he flicked his lighter and looked at the flame before snapping the lid shut and sat back.

"I can't help you sorry." He replied smirking at the two assholes, we all began laughing at John's antics, before once more they began bickering with each other, giving one of the lads a chance to nick John's lighter. This was turning into a really bad situation, John was always a hot head and now this guy was just giving him a chance to exact his vengeance. The boy lit his cigarette and blew the smoke in the direction of John. Bobby, Rogue and I stood up ready to restrain John if push came to shove. John winked at the boy, causing the cigarette flame to basically come to life and spread up the boy's arm, Bobby quickly iced over the flames however the damage was already done. Everyone had seen this act of mutant violence and with the events of last year still present, there were still some tensions between normal humans and mutants. But suddenly everyone froze…

"Bobby, what did you do?" Rogue asked, I shook my head this wasn't Bobby's power, everyone knew he could freeze things using ice. Sometimes she asks some really stupid questions.

"It wasn't me." Bobby answered, as everyone began poking or waving at the frozen people. Once Bobby had said that it wasn't him another thought broke through our thoughts, it was Xavier and as soon as I turned round he appeared along with Professor Summers, Monroe, and Dr Grey.

"Think twice before showing off John." Professor Xavier reprimanded, John crossed his arms before all our attention was turned to the television that was still playing in the background, the news report of an attempt on the President's life…by a mutant. I could feel the sense of dread take over the whole room, this was all we needed a mutant trying to murder the President just after all the commotion of Magneto last year…John took hold of my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"I think it is time we left." Professor Xavier stated, before we were all ushered out of the museum, and back to the mansion where we would hopefully be completely safe from any humans looking to destroy us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have finally updated! This past week I have decided to update as much as possible, hopefully all the stories on my account will completely be finished so I can give my full attention to the next stories in the pipe lines including the last in this trilogy: Phantom…still working that into writing! Got a lot of ideas on paper…well what more can I say, hope you have enjoyed and again thanks for all the support! Ciao for now!