Ghost

Alone on Valentine's Day

Phantom

Chapter 4: Alone on Valentine's Day

Claire's P.O.V

Weeks went by since Jubilee and I had gone to Boston, Bobby still wasn't happy about the whole thing though, it worsened his mood since him and Rogue were still having problems, especially since this cure was discovered. Kitty spent less and less time around them, not wanting to worsen the situation and lose Bobby as a friend, Rogue however was being unreasonable Bobby adored her and saw Kitty as just a friend, sure there was the dance before Rogue ever arrived at the Academy, but that was three years ago.

"How are you feeling today?" Jubilee asked as we made our way back up to our dorm, we hadn't seen Kitty today she was more than likely speaking to a Professor or she was in her room, trying to avoid Bobby and Rogue.

"I'm fine Jubilee seriously; you don't need to worry about me." I replied as I flopped down onto my bed. Today was Valentine's Day and I was alone on it, recently Jubilee had sort of rekindled things with Piotr, but it was still sort of a rocky relationship. Tonight was a chance to see if things would carry on, or whether they would just leave it at friends or acquaintances.

"Are you sure, I could stay here and we could, I don't know, play charades." She offered I shook my head charades? She knew how to cheer me up, but today I just really needed to be alone.

"Just go find Piotr already before I throw you out the room myself!" I replied she gave me a sympathetic smile before exiting our room. I remained in my lying position on the bed, I didn't know what to do with myself; I didn't feel like reading or watching anything, nor did I feel like playing anything or writing or drawing. All I wanted was for everything to be right, maybe it would have been easier if I was like Ronny then I wouldn't have had to come here and meet John and watch as everything I thought was stable disappear in one moment. I flipped over onto my back and looked up at the ceiling following the patterns of each swirl, after two years of feeling like part of a group, part of a family, everything felt like it was crashing down around me and there was nothing I could do. John wouldn't come back no matter how hard I try to convince him to.

Valentine's Day always seemed a little too romantic for my taste, a little too tacky as well especially with the over the top cards. Well that's what I thought before I met John, the first Valentine's Day we spent together was quite…well I thought it was rather cute, we spent the day together and he didn't over board gooey and romantic that was never his style. But today I didn't like the holiday at all, mainly because everyone who was in a relationship was happy and then there were those who have never been in a relationship who say they're not bothered seeing their friends in a relationship, sort of like Kitty, and then there were people like me recently out of a relationship.

I sighed, I shouldn't be thinking about any of this right now, I was getting over this and I needed to get over this. I got up off of the bed I didn't care what time it was all I wanted was to curl up in my pyjamas under my covers and go to sleep and that's just what I was going to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the slow updating, I've been under exams but they've finally finished and now I have all summer! Thank you for the support and I hope you enjoy =D