Ghost

Charles Xavier

Phantom

Chapter 5: Charles Xavier

Claire's P.O.V

School life carried on as normal with the occasional murmuring of whether someone was going to get the cure. Generally everyone was against the cure except for those who didn't like their power, including Rogue. Bobby was strongly opposed to her getting the cure which caused them to fight nearly every waking hour of the day and if it wasn't about the cure it was about Kitty. Rogue was convinced that something was going on between the two of them, they had got closer and of course Jubilee and I knew that Kitty had a crush on Bobby, but wouldn't act on it because he and Rogue were together.

"Hey did you hear?" Jubilee asked as she entered our room, we'd just come back from breakfast and she had gone to see Piotr and apparently bumped into Kitty on the way. "Today's classes have been cancelled until further notice for official X-Men business."

"Think it's about the cure?" I questioned she shrugged, all students were allowed to know only so much we were allowed to know if they were going out as the X-Men, but the details of what they were doing was kept on a need to know basis.

"Someone overheard Logan say something about Dr Grey." Jubilee replied their mission though couldn't be to do with her though she'd died last year saving everybody at the lake…which is where Logan and Storm went last week after Professor Summers disappeared…

"Do you think they've found Professor Summers? Jean was his wife maybe that's the connection after all well…" I asked again she shrugged, it could be a number of reasons why Logan had mentioned Jean or maybe even the person that had overheard Logan had mistaken what he had said.

"Whatever they are going for at least we have the day off as far as we know, I think I'm going to catch up on some sleep I could've had this morning." She answered diving under her covers. "Wake me if they come back and make us attend maths!"

Around lunch time they had yet to arrive back and rumours began flying everything from, bringing people back to life to destroying the cure and all evidence of it to threatening those in government to ban the cure. Of course no one really thought about them gathering as many young and confused mutants and bringing them to the school so that they didn't make any rash decisions that could cost them their lives. We didn't have a lot of information on the cure, what if it caused terrible health problems? Everyone who took it could end up dead and well that could mean the entire mutant population if suddenly the cure became none optional.

It was nearly dinner time and still they had not returned by now Jubilee had woken up from her nap, and the others began worrying the events from last year still fresh in everyone's minds.

"Surely they should be back by now." Kitty stated as we sat watching the news in the rec room, hoping we wouldn't find a news bulletin with their faces all over it. All that was top news of course was the cure and all the protestors at the clinics.

"They could be taking their time, making sure they aren't followed." Jubilee answered although something told me that she wasn't so sure about that idea and was in fact thinking the worst had happened.

Finally they arrived back, but something had gone wrong, the man who had put this all together given us a home that we could be safe in, who had allowed us to grow as people and find out who we were. Professor Xavier was dead. An eerie silence fell over the school, he had meant so much to everyone here and suddenly he was gone leaving us feeling lonely and vulnerable. Would the school shut down? Where would we all go if it did? A couple of hours after the news broke, Professor Monroe, Storm, announced that the school wouldn't close and a memorial service would be held.

Everyone gathered outside in the gardens, all dressed in formal attire. No one had really said much since the news broke, no one could really believe he was gone; after all it was Xavier a man I thought was invincible. Storm lead the service, Logan wasn't present. Bobby sat in between Rogue and Kitty as Jubilee, Piotr and I sat behind them. A flame was lit on his memorial stone accompanied by flowers from the students and others attending the service. Charles Xavier could not be dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Sorry for the slow updating, been mental with University stuff! Anyway I hope you have enjoyed and hopefully I will update soon =D