Ghost

Maths And 20 Questions

"Robert Drake!" I yelled.

"I didn't show them to him. He just found them!" he said, holding his hands up. "And he hasn't seen all of them I swear."

"There's more?" John inquired, eyebrows raised. Hopefully the ones he has seen, are not the ones from last year's holiday in California. Wait why would Bobby even have the pictures…I am almost always wearing very short shorts, tank tops and swimsuits…I don't think he'd have them…or would he? Oh please god tell me he hasn't got those with him. While thinking why in hell Bobby would have pictures of me half naked I suddenly realised that I was starting to hear other thoughts. They weren't mine which meant my telepathy had started to show itself again. Just in time too.

'Bobby, which pictures did he see?'

'Err…now don't get mad with me…plus remember I'm also in those pictures…last year's holiday to California…I swear he hasn't seen the one where your wearing that white tank top just after that water fight…'

'BOBBY!'

'They weren't that revealing I promise…'

The bell went interrupting our little telepathic fight as Jubilee pulled me away from the table dragging me out of the cafeteria by the forearm.

"See you boys in five." she yelled, as we exited the room and ran up the stairs. She pulled me into our room, she then rifled through her bag as I pulled my messenger bag off the back of the bathroom door. I turned back round to see her standing with two identical notebooks each with a matching pen.

"Here, a welcome gift." she said handing me one of them. "They told me I was getting a new roommate two weeks ago. So I decided to get you something and I knew they weren't going to tell you that you needed a notebook."

"Thanks you're the best!" I exclaimed, hugging her.

"Oh by the way, what were the pictures of you that the boys were talking about at lunch?" she asked as she put her notebook into a bag.

"Err…they're from a family holiday last year…and well basically I'm wearing…well…" I said blushing. She caught on though.

"Revealing swimsuits etcetera?" she asked, as she locked the door. I nodded, my blush deepening.

"Oh dear, John is never gonna let you forget he's seen those." she said shaking her head. " Why does your brother half pictures like that of you anyway?""I honestly don't know." I replied, as we turned the corner and descended the stairs.

"What time is it?" she asked, I looked down at my watch.

"1:00" I answered, she then sighed in relief, which just confused me more. "Why?""Cyclops hates it if you're late to his classes." she replied. Who was Cyclops? That's not Scott is it?

"Who's that?" I questioned, as we turned a corner, dodging some people who had obviously just finished lunch and were trying not to be late to class.

"Ah, forgot to tell you. Right, Cyclops is Professor Summers and Professor Munroe also goes by the name of Storm." she answered.

She then explained about the X-men; Professor Summers, Professor Munroe and Dr Grey are part of a group that keep the peace between mutants and humans. They are idolised by the students of the school as someday we could become members.

We arrived in the classroom a good five minutes early, and thus got to choose where we sat. We sat at the desk next to the windows, second row from the back. Each desk was in twos, I sat next to the window and Jubilee had the aisle. Piotr came in with who I could only presume was his roommate, and sat at the desk adjacent to ours. Two girls; one with blonde hair and glasses, the other was shorter with red hair sat at the desk in front of us. The rest of the class started to file in taking up the rest of the seats, by now there was only two desks left, the one behind us and one on the far side of the room. There was still no sign of Bobby or John yet, and that's when we spotted him. Joe. He must have spotted the desk behind us and smiled that creepy smile before he started to try and get over to it before someone else did.

"Oh hell no!" Jubilee whispered. "I am not sitting in front of slime boy!"

But before Joe could even reach our row, someone pulled the chair back making that really horrible screeching sound. We both turned round and to our relief we didn't see Joe's mate, but Bobby and John. We both sighed.

"Thank god for your timing!" she sighed. Joe looked completely devastated and quite angry as he walked slowly to the only free seat on the other side of the room.

"Happy to see me?" John asked, smirking. Jubilee tried hitting him but failed as he dodged her arm swipe.

"No idiot! Just relieved that slime boy didn't get those seats." she replied, John's smirk immediately left his face.

"What's he been doing? Benn bothering either of you two?" he asked, I was surprised even though I had only known him for what an 1 hour he just didn't seem the person who would care for a person he'd only met an hour ago…then again he knew Jubilee for god knows how long. I just thought John would laugh or joke about the whole thing maybe.

"Well isn't that nice. John caring about the two of us, ay Claire?" she replied, he frowned and I slightly nodded my head.

"Jubilee." he said . His tone was deadly serious.

"Ok, Ok sheesh. He tried his luck flirting with this one." she answered pointing at me, Bobby now looked serious…the again protective brother thing.

"And what happened?" John asked, however Professor Summers ended the conversation by starting the lesson. Jubilee mimed to John that she'd tell him what happened later. Maths how I hate thee…seriously I thought I'd left all the boring subjects back in Boston. Jubilee helped me out a lot she was like a maths genius. She also helped Bobby who was having trouble with quadratic equations. The lesson finished and we gathered up our things to go to the next lesson. Bobby, Piotr and Jubilee were heading to ethics and me and John were going to business and economy. This should be fun.

"Make sure you get her there on time!" Jubilee warned him as she disappeared round the corner.

"She always thinks I'm going to be late for lessons. it's a right pain in the arse!" he whispered as we carried on down the hall way. "And the only reason I'm late to lessons is because I can't stand her whining about her life."I tried not to laugh after all she was my roommate and new best friend, and of course I'd only known her for a couple of hours. We arrived in the classroom a whole 20 minutes early since for no apparent reason the lesson started 20 minutes later than the previous one…they really need to sort out the timing between lessons. Professor Munroe turned round as we opened the door and she looked totally surprised.

"John your early for once." she said, as she finished placing textbooks on each of the desks. Like Professor Summers' class the desks were in twos.

"All thanks to this girl." he replied putting his hands on each of my shoulders, and directing to me towards the desk at the back next to the windows. He then pulled out the chair in the aisle for me to sit in. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said, sitting down an placing my new notebook down on the table and my bag under the desk. John then sat in the chair nearest the window.

"Well I hope this is a frequent occurrence John and that you don't start to make yourself and Claire late." she said, going through a door which I assumed was a stock cupboard.

"So what are your powers?" I asked. John took out his lighter, flicking it on and then took the flame into his hand. The flame then turned into a small fireball before he closed fingers and extinguished the fire.

"That answer your question?" he asked, I nodded. "What are your powers?"

He kept flicking the lid of the lighter, opening it and closing it. I concentrated on it, moving it from his grasp to place it on the table. While I had his attention I turned invisible for a minute before turning visible again.

"And I'm partially telepathic too." I said smiling at him. He smirked.

"Do you know what I'm thinking right now?" he whispered, his breath tickling my ear. I tried to cover the slight blush and focus but I couldn't read his mind.

"No it only works from time to time." I replied, he leaned back against the wall.

"Do you want to know what I'm thinking?" he asked. Do I really want to know? But then again if I say no I'll be wondering all day. Oh but what if it's something really bizarre or a joke I just wouldn't get? So I nodded. He leaned forward, pushing some stray strands of brown hair away from my ear.

"I'm thinking that you're too sweet, cute and innocent to be true." he whispered, making me blush even more. The rest of the class started to file in by this time. I barely know John and I think I'm already starting to fall for him. What should I do? And then it struck me…20 questions!"How about we play a game of 20 questions?" I asked, he seemed to think for a while.

"Sure, you go first." he said as he returned to leaning against the wall. There was still 15 minutes to go till the start of the lesson may as well kill some time.

"Favourite colour?"

"Red"

"Favourite film?"

"Reign of fire.""Favourite food?"

"Chinese.""Do you like oranges?"

"Yes""Where's your dream place to go on holiday?""The Caribbean.""Lucky number?"

"10""Star sign?"

"Scorpio""Favourite animal?""Wolf"

"Favourite T.V show?"

"Scrubs""Cats or dogs?""Dogs."

"Attention please." Storm interrupted our little game, starting the lesson.

"We'll continue this later." he whispered. I nodded opening my notebook.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's notes: Hello again! Hope you liked it! Review if possible I love to hear from people even if it is why do you hate maths? Simply answered that: my teacher is a right arse she can't teach and she dresses like a slut. Anyway hope you liked it please tell me if it sounded a little to cliché also if the school sounds a little square because it felt like I was writing 'turning the corner.' over and over again. Anyway I think that's all I've got to say. Ciao!