Ghost

Choosing A Side

Phantom

Chapter 8: Choosing A Side

It had been a couple of days since Bobby ad I had tried to find Rogue and unfortunately run into John or Pyro as he now wanted to be called. Still we had heard nothing from her, nor had we seen any news which she could have been in the background of. Bobby was getting more and more agitated and secluded; he thought that it was his fault that Rogue had gone off to get the cure, which also made Kitty feel it was her fault too.

"It's not your fault Kitty." Jubilee stated we had gathered in our room Kitty sat by the window idly tracing shapes across the glass, Jubilee was at the end of her bed close towards Kitty and I was sat at the top of mine. "If she felt she had to get the cure, it was her decision, you didn't make her go out and get it."

"But if she didn't think that Bobby was more interested in me than her now she wouldn't have gone to get the damn thing." Kitty mumbled it had been like this since Rogue had left and it didn't seem like Kitty was ever going to think anything else.

"Look she's not being forced into taking this cure, it is her decision and she chose what she thought was best for her."

"Soon enough no one will be able to make a decision like that." Jubilee added as she got off the bed and began to slowly pace.

"What do you mean?" Kitty asked as she stopped tracing her patterns and turned towards Jubilee. I knew where this was heading and it could end up in an argument.

"They'll soon make it mandatory that we all get the cure and become 'normal' like them all." She ranted her pace increasing as she zigzagged her way around the small room. "We need to do something."

"Like what? What can we do? Attack facilities like John? Is that what you want to do?" I questioned her head turned toward me her gaze more of an angry glare.

"Maybe that's what we need, I don't know! But we need to do something, sitting around is not going to help us at all." She stated angrily before flopping down on the bed. "The Brotherhood of Mutants is doing something at least."
"They are killing innocent people!" I yelled she shook her head.

"How can you know they are innocent?"

"I saw who John attacked the other day and they weren't harming anyone, they were innocent people!" I shouted, she scoffed once again shaking her head.

"I don't agree with their methods but they are stopping them from taking everyone's powers."

"Those people chose to have the cure they weren't forced into taking it!" I screamed this was as frustrating as it had gotten as of recent times; she was supporting people who were taking innocent lives and pretending they were helping the mutant cause.

"Stop it! Both of you!" Kitty yelled we both turned to look at her; she was stood with her fists balled. "This is not helping, you shouldn't be fighting at a time like this, we should be helping each other not screaming at one another!"
"I'm sorry for yelling."

"I'm sorry too," Jubilee mumbled "But now of all times we need to know what side we're on."

"And that side would be?"

"The side that will let me live peacefully the life I want to live."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Hope you enjoyed more is soon to come!